1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Archive

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GodEater, Jul 11, 2001.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank Richard Williams for the immense amount of work that must have gone into this collection. I just received it today and the amount of information is staggering. Rich, without even considering all of your other contributions to the virtua fighter scene this is amazing. Truly amazing.

I'm too poor with words to say anything else more meaningful than thanks.

End of line.

GodEater

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

really glad you like it...

it should be pointed out to all that you yourself had a big hand in contributing, as well as the following:

chanchai
    piccolo
    GLC
    dodee

w/o their help the VFA would have been missing huge chunks of good stuff.

also, a plug - anyone interested in the archive should order one from <A target="_blank" HREF=http://vfzone.com>http://vfzone.com</A>.

3. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i am still interested in getting the archive but vfzone has changed since i last saw it. when and how will i now be able to order it?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

me tooo, i extra "bought" an international credit card to get it.
    Yeah I already said 1000 thanks to chanchai(ICQ), even if i didn't saw the achieve yet. it must be fantastic for Vf-fans, especially for Vf-Fans without great competition, around....

5. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

vfzone.com is being renovated. i'm not sure when it will be up and working again. however, all previous orders will be honored; part of the delay is that rax got hammered with lots of orders in a short period of time.

in the meantime, maybe those who have copies of the VFA could help out some of the people who want one?

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Well-Known Member

I'll be sending in the money for the VFA on Friday, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. It's a magnificent achievement by any standards, and if there was any justice in the world, Sega would be knocking down doors to get the distribution rights.

I have a quick question, however. I want to spread the VF Archive along to as many people as possible. Since I have a CD burner (I use it for my Art album), I'd like to distribute copies around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Of course, I wouldn't ask any money for it, since it wouldn't be mine to take. But would you be okay with that? If I need to print out the jewel case labels, I would be sure to display the names (and e-mails) of its authors, as well as the obligitory weblinks to VFDC and VFzone.com.

Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, have you considered selling it in local videogame and record stores? Such places usually work on a consignment basis, and it would be a great way to distribute VFA, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that you should be recognized for all the hard work.

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How the elephant got in my pajamas, I don't know."
    -- Groucho Marx

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Forgive me but, what exactly is this archive?

Adio.

8. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Is there any chance to get the Cd's from you,again? When?

cya

9. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Much of the answers you seek can be found in the News Forum (click "Main Index" to find it).

Basically answering:
    -What is the VF Archive?
    -The compiler's (Mr. Bungle) thoughts on distribution of the VFA.
    -Where to get it if a pal of yours cannot get you a copy (namely, VF Zone, which is temporarily down, but will be back up soon I hear).

-Chanchai

10. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

VFzone.com is back up and running, and has a "downloads" section. And a new look.

/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

11. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

rax, when will i be able to complete my order for the archive?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello, Hugo from Hong Kong.

Can you tell me where in the VFzone .com can I order the archieve???

It was amazing to me the fans of VF series and how much is that??

pls reply and I sure will book one for my " Collection"

thx in advance.