1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter artwork.. yeh.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirkan, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I didn't know where to post this actually. It's not media (well, eventually it will be =D), and it's not really game related..

However, it's mainly related to Virtua Fighter, so it ended up here. Hope this isn't a problem =)

It happens so that I draw alot, and alot of it is game art, specifically VF-art.

Now, I'd like to know if there are any pages or galleries that I can contribute to? I'd love to add something to this community, and since I'm no expert at VF (yet, hoho) I'd like to do something that I'm at least a little good at /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/Mirkan

2. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Do you have any samples? Maybe you could use one in your signature.

I don't know of any pages or galleries. Sorry./versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

I could put a fan gallery up at my page

Visit it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustedtech.com/portal/index.php>Rustedtech</a>

4. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that'd be great, Cause!

I do use my own avatar actually. If you set user info to "left" in control panel, you'll see it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

As for samples, I did a wallpaper the other day which is in my gallery...

My gallery:
    http://w1.372.telia.com/~u37207705/gallery/fanart/other/kazkazandjerky_wallpaper.jpg

Hope you all like it, even though Kazuya is in it /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    If there's interest, I could always post links in the media section if I do more of em.

/Mirkan

5. ghostdog

Re: re: Virtua Fighter artwork.. yeh.

Umm...I think you're responding to me.

Anyway, I like your technique. What media do you use?

6. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

I was responding to you, I answered two of your questions.. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Well, I used Flash 5 first. The pic was pretty flat and 2d from the beginning actually, and I kept it that way for a long time. But just the other day I felt that I had to update it (VF4 and T4 changes etc) and for this I used photoshop, which resulted in a much smoother and more 3d pic. Imo at least /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

/Mirkan

7. ghostdog

I'm trying to get into Photoshop and Illustrator. In a few months, I hope to be knee deep in web page and computer-aided drafting classes.

Did you scan the originals? If so, what media did you use with those (pen and ink, airbrush, colored pencil, pastel, crayon/versus/images/icons/smile.gif)?

8. Cause

Cause Well-Known Member

Illustrator

Unless your an artist or do clip art, is there any other reason to use Illustrator, now that PS 6.0 can do vector type and shapes?

9. ghostdog

Re: Illustrator

I don't know much about Illustrator. I thought the main reason you would use it was because you were an artist, but I could be wrong. Sorry I can't give you a better answer to your question.

10. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It's nice to see a different interpretation of the characters. Mirkan, whenever you come up with something you're proud of let us know here or in the media forum. The style in this pic reminds me of the Space Cobra anime/manga. Can't remember that artist's name...

11. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

To answer ghostdog's question, I drew the original in flash 5.

And thanks alot Yupa! I'm glad you like it! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    From now on then, I'll post links to further pics in the media section.

/Mirkan