1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter at Tokyo Game Show 2022

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Sep 13, 2022.

By akai on Sep 13, 2022 at 7:10 PM
  1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Virtua Fighter will be present at this week's Tokyo Game Show 2022. Three JeSU-pro licensed players--Shiwa, Barugo, and Bita--will be present to play with attendees. While the VF exhibitions will not be streamed there will be a SEGA NEW special broadcast on Friday, September 16, 8:00-8:50 pm.
    tgsexhibition2022.jpg

It is unclear if there will be news pertaining to Virtua Fighter, but the special program "is filled with the latest info on the newest SEGA and ATLUS titles."
    seganewsbanner.jpg

In addition, Aoki confirmed that he will be present at the Tokyo Game Show.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    40i4, nou, SUGATA and 3 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by akai, Sep 13, 2022.

1. masterpo
      masterpo
      Yea, some aspects of Japanese culture and marketing strategies can be a bit strange at least to me.:confused:

At this point I'd really like to see some new fighting games coming from somewhere other than Japan:oops:

India, Australia, Germany, France, Ghana, Nigeria, Dubai, Quebec, Montreal,Sweden, Abu Dhabi, Spain, U.S. , etc. Look at how receptive MIdway/Warner Bros is to Mortal Kombat fans

Maybe a fresh approach a new start for fighting games. Japan's fighting games are getting to be a little monotonic. And they don't seem to listen that much to fans outside of Japan. The new indie and upcoming game developers from other countries and cities from around the world seem to be more open and connected to the appeals from their fan base.

Just a fraction of the money that Sega is putting into all of those Yakuza spin-offs that were announced at TGS 2022 could have taken VF5US well beyond where it is now. There were many , many good requests given to Sega from many of the loyal fans on VFDC. Yes, some things they heard, but they left a lot on the table. And by the size of the budget the Yakuza spin-offs are getting Sega and RGG had/has the money to have gone a lot further with VF5US.

I'd like to see other countries get seriously into the FG thing:cool:
    2. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      I think Harada and co. are still reasoning like fighting games are a niche genre, but when each one sell more than 10 million (MK, SF, Tekken, even VF5US but this was free), it's crazy to still act like "we are all at risk of failure, let's spread so we can avoid to fight".

Any VF announcement (VF5US's DLC or a VF6 teaser) would be greatly helped by the momentum generated by SF6 and Tekken 8 announcements.
      Sonic The Fighters and ToyDingo like this.
    3. Jide
      Jide
      I think the most curious thing was that RGG(Yakuza) are now using Unreal Engine.
      Which means the next Virtua Fighter or spiritual successor will be using it.
      Won't see an announcement most likely until next year (30th Anniversary)
      Sonic The Fighters and masterpo like this.
    4. masterpo
      masterpo
      RGG switched from their Dragon Engine to Unreal Engine 5:eek: WTFo_O R U Sure:confused:

That would mean VF has to be ported from Dragon to UE5 that will take time and resources. Also that will change look and feel of VF. Game Engines are not all created equal.

EA's Frostbite, RGG's Dragon, Unity , UE4, UE5 are all very different animals:whistle:
      That could definitely push things back to 2024, 2025 especially if Sega/RGG is putting most of their money into Yakuza spin-offs:(