1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Breather!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ValeStyle_Gove, Jul 13, 2004.

1. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Anyone had a phase with virtua fighter where they love the game but its just too fustrating sometimes when you get to a certain level in the game? /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Thats what I'm going though, I play Devil7om alot and he greatly over exadurates the game physics (ie. its just pokes and elbows) lol. Plus that and the lack of post about Sarah put me off :p

So, whats the point of this post? I don't really know! Anyone been through this phase? How do I get out of it!

2. MadAoi

MadAoi Member

Try playing a different character! It is a great way to progress, for me anyway.

Watch replays of pro players and try to figure out why they do what the do (I learned a lot that way and improved my game a bit). It is also a good way to break out of the habits that you often get into when playing VS with someone too much.

Or... you could just take a break from VF for a while. ^^

3. ValeStyle_Gove

Although I do want to get back into Virtua Fighter, the competition on the Gold Coast (Australia) is extremely lacking, or just crappy. Apparently some brisbane players have contacted me, perhaps I can convince Sarah to quit working at Big W and work for me again! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

what ever happened to VF quest anywayz?, that game got no love ....

what's the point of this post? dunno.. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ehh... just keep the game in your PS2, that helps.

5. Yuki-sensei

Yuki-sensei Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:

what ever happened to VF quest anywayz?, that game got no love ....

what's the point of this post? dunno.. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ehh... just keep the game in your PS2, that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno what happened to Quest. i hear the U.S. version is still on the way for it's targeted release date, while the JPN version was oddly pushed back. anyway, am i the only one here that's looking foward to VF Quest?

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

"Anyone been through this phase? How do I get out of it! "

You pack your bags and fly/drive to the nearest place with good competion. I wish Australian players had more gatherings like the americans sigh*

Anyway, come down to Melbourne/Sydney sometime I've given up hope of having a decent VF scene down here until VF5 at least.

btw, taking a breather is a good idea once in a while if you wanna maintain your sanity. Playing the same person with the same tactics over and over is imo the quickest way to kill your interest in the game

7. fjf314

fjf314 Member

If you've having trouble against something in particular, study what it is and how you can get around it. If you can, get a friend to do whatever it is you're having trouble getting around until you've found a few ways to beat it. That's usually what I like to do, since if you're already frustrated, at least having your friend pull off the moves you can't get around at your leisure makes things slightly easier.

8. ValeStyle_Gove

Like I said im not an amatuar player, I'm just finding a bit of fustration with the game, soley since Ive been playing the same person with the same tactics for over a year. But things are seemingly ok now, Devil7om has given up the game since its 'quote: a guessing game between mid spin and low spin'. But nevermind, I'll get around and play other people, because hell, we all know australia is littered with VF players.

9. Dark_Gift

Dark_Gift Member

[ QUOTE ]
    MadAoi said:

Try playing a different character! It is a great way to progress, for me anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i agree with madaoi, i've been playing vf for a couple of years now and sometimes i use other characters for awhile.
    i've noticed that after using one character, and then going back to my own ,my style changes and improves.
    its a good way to get out of your bad habits

10. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I went through that phase with Akira until I got tired of him and started playing Goh. I think I broke like 3 controllers.

11. ValeStyle_Gove

Went to brisbane, vs some other ppl. Crisis over. No character change, Sarah lives forever!

12. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

the game has very little spice left.. thank god my brother is damn good competition.

13. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Playing the same person with the same tactics over and over is imo the quickest way to kill your interest in the game

[/ QUOTE ]
    I second that. My interest is all but gone, hence so is the fun of playing it.