1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter@Final Round XVII: [March 14-16, 2014] Atlanta, GA "FINAL ROUND XVII"

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by BLACKSTAR, Nov 4, 2013.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    VF is a side tourney, like it has been since SEGA ran their FR tourney 2 years back. Only main games get put in the promotional trailer

2. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    On-site registration. I'm debating on what kind of bracket to use (online or not), but it's likely you will see a bracket on tournament day when everyone registers

Arjay and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  3. mkl

mkl New Member

Thanks for doing this Blackstar! Quick question, I have a PS4 controller but I'm not SUPER comfortable on it yet (I have to use it for Tekken/SCV). Since this is a side-game is the wireless controller ban still in effect for DS3 and the like? No issue if it is.

EDIT: Oh man, do we start up by noon on Friday?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i

Thanks for showing interest in the tournament, mkl! As far as the wireless controller things go, honestly, I'll just say that I'd prefer if everyone follows the standards set by Final Round as a whole, and let you go from there.

As far as start time, it may not necessarily be 12 noon, but it is the standard time I expect for the players to be there.

5. BlueLink

BlueLink Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BLUELINKBR
    What time does R.A.W invitational starts? I know it's unlikely for me to get top 4, but I have pools until 6PM on Friday, so I wanna know just in case.

6. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    The way I have it scheduled right now, I have winners bracket only for two hours, then losers bracket only for two hours, then Finals+R.A.W. Invitational. If it follows this schedule, then the RAW invitational will likely start at around 6-7pm.

What would throw this schedule off is if we have a ton of people come in and play (past a 32-man bracket). Then I would likely have to switch it up to pools somehow, but I guess that would be a good problem to have.

Also, if you could bring your PS3 setup to use as one of the stations for the tournament, that would be awesome :D :D :D :D :D

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Wheres the roster list?

8. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    @BLACKSTAR When are you going to upload matches 14 15 16 to yt?

9. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    When is the first match for the official VF portion getting started? Sadly my schedule has gotten tight, and I need to know the earliest I should be there...

10. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    All I can tell you right now is that the earliest we can start is 12pm and the absolute latest we'll start is 2pm. Just check in as soon as you can. I can understand because my own schedule is really tight right now too.

11. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    When Youtube/twitch stop giving me the 10 or 15 so export errors they like to give me for to accoount for every time I try to upload, it will be on my channel. Thank you for looking forward to the videos! :D

Unfortunately with Final Round, I have bigger issues to tackle right now, so that's going to have to wait. >__>

12. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    What else are you playing in?

13. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Another thing..... do have issues with psn RAW? or is it no longer an issue? Im thinking bout fighting so i wanted to know.

14. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    PSN RAW/Smackdown/whatever is still a possibility. Personally I'd rather not do it because PSN is a terrible network that, in my experience, have laggier matches, rooms that disconnect mid-match (!!!), and other unnecessary problems.

Not to mention, many of the usual commentators don't have PSN; that isn't a huge problem with me, but if you guys don't want to listen to just me alone, with my partial knowledge commentary, PSN players will have to step up and join skype.

All and all i don't like dealing with psn that much, but if psn players make a loud enough noise that we can't ignore, them we'd have to turn our heads and listen right...? After all RAW is all about putting on any vf players who are hungry to show off their hard-earned skills to the world...

15. ghabstopr

ghabstopr Member

PSN:
    ghabstopr
    I'm hoping to make it in time for the VF tourney.

16. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I wanted to jump in the Skullgirls side tourney, and possibly try and dust off my Tekken skills.

But, I was mostly asking because my actually responsibilities in life are getting numerous and loud. So me making it by noon might be pushing it.

Either way, I'll be there for after tourney shenanigans...

17. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Man I haven't played Tekken in like 2 years and I wasn't that good then I'm gonna have to work on that
    Fair enough whenever you show up, we have to get some games in though

18. Negative_Nanzy

Negative_Nanzy New Member

PSN:
    negative_Nanzy
    @BLACKSTAR, do you have enough PS3s for tomorrow?

19. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'm sure I can use more :D. I appreciate the offer, man

20. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    UPDATE: I'm in the venue and waiting on the security crew to unlock the chains on the door to the VF room. It should be open soon and you guys can come down and play casuals.

4G issues are coming back and making the stream unstreamable. However, the staff at Final Round are trying to hook me up with access to venue Wi - Fi, so I'm just waiting on them to unlock the door so I can try it out. XD

However as a last resort, if everything blows up in my face for wifi I will make it a prerecorded stream and stream the replay tomorrow. Hopefully I won't have to do that because that would mean I'd have to miss all of Saturday at Final Round......D:

So hope to see people come through today and win this prize munney and trophy :D