1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter History

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by MartialHonour, Dec 20, 2005.

1. MartialHonour

MartialHonour Well-Known Member

I post this forum for the newcomers and the anonymous guests that read our forums. I beleive that after reading this article on what Sega has gone through inorder to create a good fighting game for all of us gamers, that people would respect the game as much as Myke does or as much as Srider does. Please read it, even if you already know the history, just skim through it and respond.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/vgs/sat/segafight/

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

MartialHonour said:
    > people would respect the game as much as Myke does or as much as Srider does.

How do you know they "respect" it? For instance, I've been playing this for like 8-9 years
    (with breaks), but by no means I respect it. Sure, it's good fun, but nothing to respect... It's
    only a game which is better than others in my opinion.

3. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

your breaks are longer than your play times /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Somehow, I don't think an 8-year-old article does a complete and accurate job of presenting Sega's fighting game history...