1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter (Model 1) Arcade Beta Footage

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Tumbling Dice, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWD7SxtyHOo
    Unfortunately, the Virtua Fighter 3 Prototype VHS from about a year ago has been taken off of YouTube -- I've been searching for it, and haven't found it yet, but I did find this in the meantime. While this is less substantial now that he has been found in the game via the brilliant hacks from earlier in the year, there is footage of Shiba in action. We also see the early character select screen with two rows of four characters instead of one row of eight that has been floating around as a magazine scan for years. The game was known as "Virtua Fighters" at the time... the "s" in the logo looks like tacked-on in Photoshop to me, probably because I've been used to the logo without it for so many years. The backgrounds have some slight differences, as well. I can't hear enough of the music to tell if it's any different. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy! And, of course, many thanks to the original uploader.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Myke likes this.