1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter movie!?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mirkan, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Mirkan

Mirkan Well-Known Member

"Best News Ever, A Movie!!!

Possibly the most exciting news since we learned Sammo will starring in a TV show in the US is the report that Sammo may be directing and starring in a big Hollywood movie! Sammo is reportedly the first choice to direct and play the starring role in VIRTUA FIGHTER, a movie based on the popular Sega video game. Early reports say the film is to be budgeted at around $40 million and will sport an ensemble cast of newcomers from around the world. Check back with SammoHung.com for more on this incredible news."

This can be read in the news archives on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.sammohung.com>Sammohung.com</a>, specifically in the news of april 2000.

I think it's safe to say that the movie hasn't been released, but what happened to it? And even more, isn't the possibility that Sega was/is planning a VF movie exciting? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Granted, the story and stuff would most likely be crap, but hey, that's something we're used to by now.. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

I think it's turned out to be the Soul Calibur movie.

3. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

w00t! never heard of that before!!

4. THE MYTH

THE MYTH Member

I don't mind if Sammo is in the movie or directing it. There is a good chance that if Sammo is in that perhaps Jackie Chan or Yuen Baio (pardon my spelling). I could see Yuen or
    Jet Li (maybe) playing Akira. Who Sammo would be, I do not know.

Does this mean that "Sam Seed" will be Shun Di? Perhaps the guy who played Shang Tzung in Mortal Kombat could play Lau.
    Who knows?

5. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

Jet Li would play Lei Fei, for sure, thats the role that suits him most.

What about the female characters ? Pai, Aoi, Sarah, Venessa ?

Sammo could play Taka /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

pai = zhang zhiyi...........mmmmmmmmmm.....

7. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

yeah.. she is soo nice, err who the hell is she???

8. Murasame

Murasame Well-Known Member

Yeah Jet Li is Lei not Akira at all.
    Jeffry is probably best played by some muslim arab, if they weren't all skinny...(really, they're about as close it gets)

9. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

She was the younger female lead in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. A Beautiful woman indeed.

I don't think the whole Game to movie deal works. Games are supposed to be larger than life, beyond common reality. There aren't many people in the world who have builds like the VFer's let alone acting skills.

I just don't think it would work in real life. Now an Anime like Street Fighter 2 would be great.

10. Torneko

Torneko Well-Known Member

There is already VF anime, with Akira that eats alot /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

What about Computer Generated VF movie, like Shenmue movie ?

The only Manga/Anime/Game things, that was good, I thought was City Hunter with Jacky Chan, that guy is pretty damn close to Saeba Ryo, except Jacky Chan is no where near as horny as Saeba in that movie. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

In the VF anime, Lion had sister-complex on Sarah too. (-_-#)

12. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I see, man I fucking hated that movie!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

13. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Yeah I have the VF anime. And yes Akira eats a lot. Do you remember the first episodes? LOL

Can you tell me the name of the City Hunter movie? I have seen the anime and would like to see the movie as well. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

there was a VF anime?? I only saw that crappy Tekken anime.

15. Goom

Goom Active Member

Does anyone have some updated information on this "Virtua Fighter" movie?
    Personally I hope they change the name.