1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Music

Discussion in 'General' started by Ali, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

A thread to appreciate the greatness that's VF music. Now SEGA is probably the best publisher when it comes to music OST. I think their sound team is just amazing and I have been a big fan of their games OST through the years.

Fighting games have been like the leader when it comes to sounds in the 90s and VF is one of the best from SEGA.

What's your favorite in the series.

VF1:
    Jacky
    Akira
    Dural
    Wolf
    Pai
    VF2
    Akira
    Shun
    Pai
    VF3
    Akira
    Aoi
    VF4:
    Lau
    Lei
    Jeffery
    Wolf
    Character select
    VF4E :
    Lei
    Lau
    VF5 :
    Akira
    Lau
    Shun
    Pai
    Wolf the best
    VF5R :
    Aoi amazing
    VF5FS :
    Lau

What's yours ?

beanboy likes this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Wow! There are so many. But the ones I like, that I can remember are:

The underwater aquarium tune from VF4 Evo. I think that is Pai's stage.

The music from the Akira dojo stage, that changes from morning, to sunset to night etc in VF4 Evo.

Jeffrey's day time beach stage.

Jean Kujo's training stadium soundtrack in VF5 FS.
    That rock guitar music is lit!:cool:

PS: I'll add more as I remember them.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Thesch28 likes this.
  3. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

Technically that's Akira's Vanilla 4 stage but it appears in PS2 VF4Evo too same with Jeffry's daytime stage :V

beanboy likes this.
  4. beanboy

Yeah. True.

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    VF1: Not really that big on the overall soundtrack, but Dural/Character Select is a stone cold classic

VF2: Sarah's theme is the undisputed champ, but Lion's, Akira's, Kage's and Lau's are all good. Great opening theme as well

VF3: Taka's theme x100, special mention to Sarah's and "For You"

VF4 series: Again, not that big on the overall soundtracks, but Lei-Fei's VF4EVO theme is king

VF5 series: The vanilla soundtrack as a whole is flawless, special mention to Akira's, Wolf's, Vanessa's, Kage's and Sarah's. Jean's theme in VF5R and also that one alternate Akira one. Akira again in VF5FS

6. segasaturn96

segasaturn96 Well-Known Member

Vf1: all are very good but Sarah,wolf,dural,are best
    Vf2: Akira,dural,shun,Jeffry
    Vf3: demonstration music( same theme siba fighter megamix)
    Vf4: lion,lei fei,Vanessa,main menu( total love i can listen hours)
    Vf4e: any
    Vf5: wolf,Vanessa,akira( same at dojo),lion
    Vf5fs: any

Fan of music of Saturn...the best

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    beanboy likes this.
  7. beanboy

:cool:

gido likes this.
  8. segasaturn96

on vf5 FS we can play with the vf1 music but it is not original...bad version :( ...others VF music are true version

9. Thesch28

Not original? What?

10. segasaturn96

Not the same...listen vf 1 music on vf5 FS and listen on YouTube vf1 music...not same

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    VF5FS plays the original arcade music, if that's what you mean. The Saturn version of VF1 has a reworked arranged soundtrack, same with VF2. The Saturn versions aren't the original (and in the case of VF2, isn't as good lol)

12. Thesch28

Either way the original VF1 Arcade soundtrack is a lot better than the weak Saturn arranged ost.

beanboy and Dreamboat like this.
  13. segasaturn96

14. gido

gido Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter 2 has the best music. Hands down for me.

There was Jacky's theme, Sarah's Black Cat Moon, Their Chicago remix theme, Sarah's VF1 Remix (Godlike), Wolf's theme, Lion's theme, Akira's badass theme, Shun Di's theme come on I mean the list goes on..Sega was king in the 90s when it came to music..

VF5 had some memorable themes. I loved Sarah's Aurora theme, Wolf's theme was cool, Jacky's City theme was great.

In Final Showdown, the only one I cared for was Statues. I love the piano in that theme..

15. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

Virtua Fighter 2:
    Select theme, Jacky, Kage and Sarah's music

Virtua Fighter 4:
    Wolf's music and palace (extra) stage music

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution:
    Select Theme, Kage, Wolf, Jacky, Vanessa, Akira, Jeffry and Lei-Fei's music

Virtua Fighter 5:
    Select, Lei-Fei, Goh, Jacky, Shun-Di and Lion's music

Virtua Fighter R:
    Goh and Lion's music

Virtua Fighter Final Showdown:
    Select theme, Jean, Lion, Brad and Goh's music

I think overall, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution's soundtrack was the best, even though my nostalgia goggles are burning me and trying to force me to think VF2's music is the best, Goh's themes always tend to be awesome too, especially his VF5R theme.

as for what is my single favorite theme? I'm gonna have to say VF2's select, but if we're talking character themes only, I'm gonna have to go with Kage's VF4 Evolution theme, closely followed by VF2 Jacky, VF2 Kage and VF5R Goh.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    beanboy likes this.
  16. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Wow your list sorta different than mine but it's good to see the games have some for everybody.

17. lordraptor

lordraptor Member

Sure, we all have different taste, I tend to prefer rock oriented themes and you can clearly see this pattern in my list, although if a theme is reflective enough of the characters personality, it wouldn't really matter to me if it is or isn't rock oriented, regardless, what we all have in common here, is that we all enjoy Virtua Fighters music, I think that it's one of the only fighting game series that had consistently good music even to its last installment, alongside KOF/SNK series of games and the Soul Calibur series.

18. Thesch28

No VF1 or VF3?
    I find it funny when someone says they like Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution's ost, that's the most hated VF soundtrack in the series, a bunch of repetitive rock samples which last 15 seconds at best before looping.

19. beanboy

I was watching beat 'em up master, do a VF2 livestream a few weeks ago, and listening to the music in the background. All of these years, and the music in that game, still sounds really good. Especially Lion's theme tune Young Knight. That track is so hype. It sounds like it's for a sega racing game, like Sega Rally or Daytona etc. Imagine racing with that tune playing. Sega better go back to exciting music like that for VF6.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  20. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Yeah like VF5 Wolf's.. I thought it was straight outta their Out Run series.