1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter newbie.

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Naru, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Naru

Naru New Member

I'm a Virtua Fighter newbie, I've always loved Sega and purchased their consoles but never been too keen on fighters outside of perhaps of SF2 back in the day, but I'm really wanting to learn lately. It sounds too fun to ignore.

I was thinking of VF4 for my first new fighter, it looks quite polished and is susposedly the deepest and most rewarding around.

I was just wondering where I should start, any suggestions, terms I should know, starting strategies, ect? I did a search and couldn't find any related topics, but if I missed one please let me know.

Thank you very much for any help.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

look for the virtua fighter 4 general faq, it's a good place to start for gameplay stuff.
    Use the search button to find answers to such common questions as:

Who's an easy character for a newbie to learn? (search for newbie and character maybe)

What's a good joystick for VF4?

How do I score items in kumite mode?

How can I use/deal with this character?

... you get the idea /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I recommend playing through the characters in arcade mode, and just trying to get a feel on who you like. Check out the character selection guide on this site for a broad compare/contrast (it needs to be updated though).

However, be sure you take the time to go through the training mode, especially command if you haven't memorized the movelist and trial. Completing trial takes a helluva long time, but it's worth it. I'm really impressed with what AM2 has managed to put in there.