1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter Sake Collaboration

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Jul 23, 2020.

By MadeManG74 on Jul 23, 2020 at 7:32 PM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Fifty one Sake brewers from around Japan will come together at the Tokyo Sake Festival 2020, held on August 11th to 16th. Part of this year's festival is a 'Game Legends Sake Series', which features collaboration between various video game series.

Sega Sake.jpg
    Not only that, but creator of Virtua Fighter, Yu Suzuki will be in attendance, and there will even be a Virtua Fighter tournament run by legendary arcade Game Newton!

For more details, please check out https://www.famitsu.com/news/202007/23202790.html
    (Translated to English here: https://translate.google.com/transl...s://www.famitsu.com/news/202007/23202790.html)

Sega Sake 2.jpg

Valakrie, VFhayato and Myke like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Myke
      Myke
      If they don't have an all-Shun Di tournament to promote this event, then that's a hugely missed opportunity IMO! [DP]
      Shinobi and MadeManG74 like this.
    2. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Product placement opportunities abound!

Jokes aside, I have to say that it's nice seeing Virtua Fighter franchise featured alongside one as prominent as Yakuza. Sega obviously still sees it as valuable.
      Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
      Shinobi, KrsJin, DomAug and 1 other person like this.
    3. KrsJin
      KrsJin
      Same exact thought. Even if this isn't a sign of future works around the series, it's kind of a relief to see them keep acknowledging its existence.
      beanboy and MadeManG74 like this.
    4. beanboy
      beanboy
      Sake! That is going to make everyone punch drunk.:ROTFL:

Who is the bunny anime girl on the cover of the magazine, Yu Suzuki and another dude are holding? Is that a game character or a cosplayer? Or could that be, a new character for Virtua Fighter 6?:holla:
      Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    5. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I'm guessing it's a Sake/drinks focused magazine?
    6. beanboy
      beanboy
      Oh man. I hope not.:cautious:
    7. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      She looks to be holding a bottle of sake on the cover...
    8. beanboy
      beanboy
      Yeah. And that's what scares me.:cautious:
    9. Myke
      Myke
      What's so scary about that? Female models advertising alcohol isn't anything new?
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    10. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I think he was holding out hope it was a gaming magazine.
      beanboy likes this.
    11. beanboy
      beanboy
      Yep. I can only wish.