1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter stuff in Shenmue rocks,LoL.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey,in Shenmue there's like tons of VF posters,toy capsule machines (with regular sized figurines and chibi ones!) and other cool stuff.I enjoy wasting time in the Game You arcade in it,LoL,Space Harrier and Hang On are sweet.This has all probably been said but I don't feel good and need somethin to do.Heh,c-ya.

"Twin Energy Boorus!"

-GohanFan-

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

This post brings up something I've been thinking about while playing Shenmue why doesnt Mr. Suzuki just make Lan Di(hmm last name is Di maybe Shun's long lost son or his student he saw in the ring at the end of VF2 except time line does not match)and Ryo Hazuki playable characters in VFX or whatever they decide to call it.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

hehe, collecting VF stuff in Shenmus is fun (for me anyways)...

Well, who knows, maybe in a following chapter, Lau will play a role in the game (when the series goes to China). You never know. Pai should be a kid or a teen in there (too lazy to look up her birthdate and subtract 1986 (1987 would be more accurate for later chapters). Lau will probably be a chef in some restaurant in the game...

Anyways...

Shenmue's realtime fight engine is pretty fun for a "Final Fight style" engine. I hope that's not what VFX is completely if it's a fighter... I mean, hope the same engine isn't used for VFX unless VFX is a Final Fight sorta game. The auto parries remind me of Tekken's neutral guards. They are cool for that style of play (final fight I mean), but I don't know if I want to see those sort of parries in a VF game fighting game. Well, not like a universal thing, but who knows... I gotta admit though, I'm having fun turning those realtime fully controlled final fight like battles into cinematic sequences...

We have yet to figure out what VFX REALLY is. It could be Yu Suzuki's take on the "Virtual Vallery" (PC) series/images/icons/tongue.gif Valeries F---s X-box or something/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Allthough it's still long of beeing perfect......i think it's an interseting mix between spikeout an VF.......still i don't understand why there aren't any wall-throws.....

brumm,brumm,brumm,.......good start but it has to get better.......next time please 60 frames per second....

5. nascarbryant

i never thought of that.......great idea man... Ryo's friend has got such a cool fighting style and Ryo could be our new lion(young newcomer) while Lion already could have a beard.....well the only problem is the timeline........

brumm,brumm,brumm,.......why do i have to wait 2 years to kill that bastard who killed my father!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by nascarbryant on 11/17/00 06:37 PM.</FONT></P>

6. Chanchai

huh?!

Anyways, there already is a Lion in Shenmue and it isn't Ryo heheheehe. Hint: Arcade fight.

7. nascarbryant

such a wierd guy would be a perfect character for VFX( imagine until now VF-characters didn't have an aura who made them antipatic ........such a wierd guy would be very antipatic......it would be like salt and pepper in the soup)

brumm,brumm,brumm,....great idea chanchai!!!!!!!!

8. Chanchai

what idea? I don't know if I would want him in VFX.... I don't know if I want Comic-book style characters in VF heheehe.

I was just pointing out that he was pretty much like Lion.

9. nascarbryant

I don't think that our wierd friend is a comic -book style character here in switzerland the streets are full of such guys..........(look at his clean ears!!!!)

brumm,brumm,brumm,.....i want a wierdo in VFX!!!!!