1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter X eSport announced

Discussion in 'General' started by celsowm, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celsowm

celsowm Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

From: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/virtua-fighter-x-esports-project-announced

Sega has announcedVirtua Fighter x eSports Project” in celebration of the company’s 60th anniversary.

Virtua Fighter, which was created as the world’s first 3D fighting game in 1993, will restart as an eSports title in celebration of Sega’s 60th anniversary, starting in Japan,” Sega said. “Details on the project will be announced in a future update.”

Further details were not announced.

The latest entry in the Virtua Fighter series is the 2010-released Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, which is an updated version of the 2006-released Virtua Fighter 5.

Watch the “Virtua Fighter x eSports Project” announcement trailer below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1309459180839862279

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  2. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

So...

What it is? a new game or what, basically a VF6 called simply, i don't understand

beanboy and Tricky like this.
  3. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

I'm not hyping myself until this is confirmed not to be VF-themed DLC for Puyo Puyo Esports.

beanboy likes this.
  4. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

Tricky likes this.
  5. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

really worried about the "esports" thing, hope it will not be a watered down Virtua Fighter.

Still it's a new start to have a real VF6 in future.

jimi Claymore and beanboy like this.
  6. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

VF Lite

7. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Waiting on more info. No new game is confirmed - "rebooted" in that context could mean several things. My first thought was some form of SEGA-supported tournament initiative, though that's probably not likely with the world as it is now.

8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Whatever it is, so long as Eileen is in it I'm happy. Otherwise I will riot

9. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Sick! That is good news. I just saw it on Max's channel.
    And I agree, that esports thing in the title, has me a bit worried. Hopefully it is not a watered down game. For now, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

10. celsowm

Any photoshop/aftereffect expert to clear and analyze this clip from the announcement?

[​IMG]

11. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert, but it seems VF5 footage on the background (the one with Aoi and Brad).

Also Akira model seems a little different from VF5 renders, but it could be just the lighting.

12. celsowm

What is your bet about the "core", guys:

1- new assets, 3d models etc... (Like phantasy star online 2 genesis)
    2- VF5FS remastered

?

13. Thesch28

Thesch28 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-9-25_18-34-32.png
    @celsowm increased the brightness there doesn't seem to be anything special

14. SSfox

SSfox Well-Known Member

I'm not even an Akira fan at all, but imo he simply looks too freaking badass in that teaser trailer.

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  15. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

The translation is clear. To celebrate Sega's 60th anniversary, the original 1993 VF will be rebooted into an e-sports game. Right?

16. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Maybe the new VF will be soft reboot like the new Samurai Shodown or SoulCalibur VI. Or without a number. It doesn't matter, as long as we can play again a proper VF.

Sozos, gido, Tricky and 2 others like this.
  17. Braveheart

Braveheart Active Member

Even though we're dealing with Sega, it's hard for me to believe that this isn't a new game. Why would they promote VF via Esports with a 10 year old game? I don't care what they name it as long as it stays true to the Virtua Fighter brand. That, and I hope they don't cut/drop any characters. The roster is on the smaller side of modern fighting games.

beanboy, Sozos, Tricky and 1 other person like this.
  18. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

Yeah maybe they call it a reboot cause maybe not every VF5FS characters are making the comback (at first ?) ?

Tricky already scares lol...

19. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe start with the original 8 to start then start adding from there. Since it's a reboot I assume they are rebooting the whole story as well?

20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm not scared. I know the power of the monkey queen compels SeGa to keep her in the reboot. This reboot will keep the whole cast and maybe bring back Seba. I'm expecting a MK9 style reboot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.