1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter X eSport announced

Discussion in 'General' started by celsowm, Sep 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Sega's been spot on with it's releases and drumming up interests for upcoming releases, so I I think it'll be fine. Unless they go the route of Virtual On and Border Break, and make the VF x esports Japan exclusive. Good for Japan then, haha!

masterpo and Braveheart like this.
  2. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Bruh if FS is to be ported to next generation, GIVE US THE JAPANESE ARCADE VERSION! Not the watered down, download only version we ended up getting.

jimi Claymore and masterpo like this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Hell yea!

4. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I wish that too. I have been saying those same things for years.

I agree. Alot of the gamers nowadays, need those things and constant hype and trend, to play a fighting game, and keep that game alive. And if there isn't a constant flow of dlc, nerf patches, a guest character, a new season pass with more dlc characters, or hype and trend for say a few weeks or worse a few days, the fighting game is immediately declared by "those particular gamers," as a dead game. That is bad news for fighting games, because if game companies are catering to gamers like that, that means that those fighting games, are on life support.

Hopefully, this VF x Esports/VF6 doesn't go in that path, or fall into that trap. But we have no idea what this whole thing is, which is why I can't say much.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    faster 10 lightning and masterpo like this.
  5. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

It's possible that Virtua Fighter x Esports, might be related to, and have something to do with sega's Fog Gaming, which was revealed earlier this year.

6. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    I think so too, which is why earlier in the thread I mentioned that this is just adding online to their arcade machines. They can reconnect the shrinking player base and try to make some more money off the existing game. Plus it goes with the whole "Only in Japan" label they applied to it since that is where the arcade machines are.

I hope I'm wrong and everyone is right about a new game or a re-release, but Sega has been playing it very safe lately as they rebuild their games library and VF is just too much of a gamble in a market where fighting games have started to lose their popularity again, unless you're MK and you can sell million of copies.

beanboy likes this.
  7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    jimi Claymore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.