1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports Announcement Breakdown

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 27, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 27, 2021 at 9:03 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Less than two hours ago, Sega livestreamed an announcement and in depth look at the upcoming Virtua Fighter x esports (Or Ultimate Showdown, as it's known outside Japan. The full stream lasted just over an hour and can be re-watched here;

Here's a breakdown of the major points discussed;

Virtua Fighter 1 Skins
    Low poly models for the cast will be made available as DLC for the game. Date doesn't seem to be confirmed yet.
    VF5US VF1 DLC2.jpg VF5US VF1 DLC1.jpg
    EDIT: Destructoid has some more information about the DLC, known as the 'Legendary Pack'
    https://www.destructoid.com/stories...es-the-roster-back-to-the-blocks-630442.phtml

Online Tournament, Room Match and Team Battle Mode Summer Update
    A summer update at a TBA date will feature an online tournament mode, complete with brackets, and improved Room Match functionality. Finally, a Team Battle mode has been hinted at! Details are scarce, but some footage could be seen in the live stream.
    The Room Matches also seem to feature the ability for spectators to send stickers to the screen to cheer or jeer the players fighting!

Arcade Cabinet
    An arcade version, complete with cabinet has been revealed! It appears to be a head to head format and uses the character/data cards similar to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

Heaven and Hell Dream Match
    An exhibition featuring some of Virtua Fighter's top players may be going down soon! It will debut on June 1st on Famitsu/Dengeki Online's Youtube Channel

eSports Circuit - 2021-2022

An official eSports circtuit will extend from this year into 2022, as the top players battle out to be crowned the champion.
    More details to come, but it seems that players will have to apply and then be selected via lottery for the 'pre season' matches.

Arcade Stick Prize
    Official 'exhibition matches' will be held, and the winner will walk away with this arcade stick prize! Details yet to come on this one;

VF Camp
    VF Camp.jpg

A website has been launched that Sega describes as being for building social circles, sharing information and building events and community! It sounds like this will be linked to the circuit and the exhibition matches.

https://vf-camp.jp/

EDIT:
    Virtua Fighter Merchandise

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    Chanchai, Braveheart, SUGATA and 17 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 27, 2021.

1. segaduck2
      segaduck2
      They will update another YT video of PS4's VF eSports tomorrow.
      joanot, Zekiel and smbhax like this.
    2. smbhax
      smbhax
      Okay so this new game is being released as part of Sega's 60th anniversary bonanza. Also as part of it, Lisle Wilkerson, Sarah Bryant's voice actor, is doing voiceovers for that series of retrospective videos on the VF series; they posted the VF3 one a day or two ago:

When I replied to her post with the link on Twitter, which I think I saw because it was retweeted by VF director Aoki, and said how much I like VF3tb on Dreamcast, she actually replied ^_^:

<3

Anyway I wasn't going to post that but a thought just occurred to me, because for a moment I was getting mad and thinking okay they'll do a marketing thing and make a fancy retrospective video where they show VF3 playing in what one commenter said was an emulator, instead of just making us a version of the darn game that people can actually buy and play!

But then I thought... Wait a sec, what if this is leading up to a console release of VF1 through 4? : D I mean it probably isn't but that would be cool (heck I just want to be able to try FT).
      Sonic The Fighters and JCnextinc like this.
    3. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      vf3 is my most playing vf game in the arcade
      this game is really a huge step up too the 2 previous game

i miss so much the dodge button with crouch dash double throw eacape ect...
      my best vf game for is era handdown

and the e-sport scene really start for vf3 in 1996 i get very lucky to have this vhs tape from sega https://youtu.be/Y2HZyuL86_o

the retrospective video for vf 3 have content to be talk more of 2 hour :) but end to be a 3 min video
    4. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      No english language site? could you post links please, i'll try
    5. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      I saw in one of the videos of training mode, you can have all 3 display options on at once. That's nice to have because before you only could pick one. It's small but it's something the game should have. I'll be using it for sure.
    6. VF2011
      VF2011
      Retrospective 4, narrated by Jackie again. I kind of wish they had used a different voice actor for each video as it would have been cool to hear them all, but I guess they settled on only 2.

7. smbhax
      smbhax
      Game Center Ekuru has been streaming a lot of 3tb lately. Here's their latest:

charleypk222 likes this.
    8. def
      def
      I thought I noticed if I'm correct in I think the video of 2 players playing the Japanese arcade version, the titles that was featured in Dead or Alive 5 games.
    9. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      I always hear about VF4's training mode. I'm surprised they just discarded it in future VF games.
    10. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      thank a lot :)
      smbhax likes this.
    11. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It's probably just a case of it being a lot of developer hours, so they didn't want to invest that much again for console releases?
    12. smbhax
      smbhax
      What training mode are we talking about, exactly? VF5 has training mode.
    13. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Talking about the more elaborate one in VF4Evo.
      smbhax likes this.
    14. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Dang, I was hoping for an explanation as to why Taka was removed back in VF4...
    15. SSfox
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
    16. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      This DLC video and all the footage I've seen so far seem to confirm that indeed, all the costumes D, E and S have been thrown out of the window.

It really sounds like a hype-kill for me. Loved to spend hours making wonders in customization mode. Feels like I'll spend a couple of minutes there before going back to FS. :'(
    17. besi_tua
      besi_tua
      I hope costumes D, E, and S will come later. Aoki did say they make the game from strach.
    18. smbhax
      smbhax
      I went through Command Training with a character in that one a few weeks ago, finally. Didn't look at/explore all the options. What stuff does it have that the others don't?

Edit: Ah okay I found out about the Mission Practice (practicing things that come up as Quest goals in Quest mode) and Challenge Training https://virtuafighter.com/threads/ps2-vf4-evo-training-mode-translations.6008/ , and the specifics of the Tutorial https://virtuafighter.com/threads/ps2-vf4-evo-training-mode-translations.6008/ .
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
    19. smbhax
      smbhax
      The game's director said this week that they are still working on them and intend to get all the previous items in there, and brand new ones, too. They're remaking the costume items chronologically--based on when they came out in the VF5 arcade versions, I guess.
    20. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Thank you, I wasn't aware of that statement. You made my day.
      Hopefully said director keeps his words.
      smbhax likes this.