1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports Announcement

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 21, 2021.

By Myke on May 21, 2021 at 7:50 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The VF official twitter account revealed that an announcement on the Virtua Fighter x esports project will be made on Thursday, 27 May 2021 at approximately 8 PM (JST). The official virtuafighter.jp website features a countdown to this announcement overlayed on a video loop of Akira's back, along with some useful links. Are you ready for the Showdown?

VF x esports countdown.jpg

Be sure to follow all of the official VF links for the latest news:
    Rest assured that we'll do our best at VFDC to keep you up to date on any new developments as well!

Sozos, Manjimaru, Jotamide and 10 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 21, 2021.

1. Junosynth
      Junosynth
      I would not think so based on the "Ultimate Showdown" title. Based on VF history each new title meant a revision of the previous one.
    2. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      When I see the "redesign" of the characters, and how gross they are , I would rather to just have an HD 4K remaster. I dont want them to spend all their energy in a low end revision we will play five more years, I want VF5 to come back in the E sport scene. Then , build the Hype for a next Gen AMAZING and beautiful VF6. Ahead of its time.
      A Killer app with cutting edge technologies. Virtua Fighter tradition.

VF deserves better than all these remakes Like Panzer Dragoon, or even Phantasy star 2, (it's ok for a free to play but not for Virtua Fighter)

So please SEGA ,don't do that, and make Virtua Fighter your Technical Showcase.
      And please don't change drastically the faces and design of the characters, make them look like their original CG art work. They were beautiful.

Don't hire random guys respect the franchise , its DNA , hire the same designer please!:cry:
      Last edited: May 23, 2021
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    3. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      Solid answer. Though I'm not concerned about Japanese players online since I live in America. That answer makes perfect sense. 10/10.

Along with the PS having most (and in my opinon, better) of the fighting games, it makes sense that most of the FGC is over there.
    4. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      ...A revision or VF6 is necessary. No one wants to play FS on a esports level that'll get major attention. People want new things. Especially if you're trying to bring in new people.
      SSfox and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    5. JSM
    6. Junosynth
      Junosynth
    7. Virtua Kazama
      Virtua Kazama
      In addition to that, there was a file size ready to go as well.
    8. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
    9. joanot
      joanot
      https://areajugones.sport.es/videoj...tos-son-los-titulos-gratuitos-para-ps4-y-ps5/

VF5US will be free for ps+ users next month

DeepL translation of the game’s description:

Warning: this game has not yet been officially announced and has no official trailer or description.

Virtua Fighter makes the leap to eSports with Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown. This work brings the best possible version of Virtua Fighter with all the changes and improvements that the game has undergone during the years that have passed since its original release.
      Zekiel, Shinobi, Junosynth and 2 others like this.
    10. def
      def
      I was just rushing to my computer to post this, lol. But hopefully if true, it will bring in some new players. I remember VF5FS was on PS Plus.
      Zekiel, DomAug and KrsJin like this.
    11. KrsJin
      KrsJin
      Zekiel, DomAug and Shinobi like this.
    12. SSfox
      SSfox
      Is that website legit or something? Also what's the other game just out of curiousity

If true so game will come next month, that's too good to be true
      Zekiel likes this.
    13. def
      def
      Even if it's only available for PS4, for me, it's ok since I have Playstation. But that stinks for those that don't own a Playstation. Could be because of Sony owning e-Sports if I heard correctly?
      DomAug likes this.
    14. KrsJin
      KrsJin
      Trying to see how legit the site is. Apparently it did call a leak in previous months. So grain of salt for a little longer but this is in line with the ratings leaks, download size and the upcoming announcement on the 27th.

I think you're exactly right. Hoping this allows for the possibility of a PC port later on at least.

Also means this will likely be involved with EVO in some capacity since SONY now sponsors it.
      Zekiel and SSfox like this.
    15. Junosynth
      Junosynth

Very interesting! Hopefully its the best mechanics throughout the years! MTE! lol
      Zekiel and DomAug like this.
    16. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      So, if the leak is true, then that means I'll be playing again VF with all of my online friends. I'll party like it's 2012!

I hope that SEGA will release US to Xbox and PC.
    17. joanot
      joanot
      I think the game will release on PC & Xbox too, but who knows.

Im trying to maintain my expectations as low as posible, even if we dont get a new revision with gameplay tweaks I’ll be more than happy with a VF5FS arcade port with cool VF.Net features, player intros, decent online modes, good netcode & VF5+R stages.

This release date also means VF will be at EVO’21 : )
      Last edited: May 24, 2021
      Zekiel, Shinobi and KrsJin like this.
    18. SSfox
      SSfox
      Technically the ps+ thing would make sens, it's not VF6, but a revision of VF5FS, so Sega may win more than they lose, specially if the game will find success and big playerbase (something similar happened to some games, like Fallguys), so Sega know that only hardcore fans will care that much since it's more revision than brand new game, and we are at end gen where there are a lot of fighting games, so people that are already playing their fighting games, not all of them will give a try to VF5US, but with this ps+ offer they will, i mean just speculating but this make sens. And the 2 other games sounds shitty (to me at least), so the whole thing doesn't sound like a wishlist or something, it's not like they put Resident evil 3 remake and God Of War for example, it's just 2 meh games.

I don't wanna get too much excited, but the idea that US may release in a week sound too good to be true, it's not new game i know but i suspect it won't be FS copy pasta and having (finally) VF back in modern consoles is just so exciting.
      Last edited: May 24, 2021
      JCnextinc, Zekiel and Junosynth like this.
    19. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      VF5US as a free Plus PS game - i am sure

I really believe in it because:
      - VF5FS at one time was a plus free game on PS3
      - SONY is seriously invested in e-sports, and releasing such a game for free is a very good idea for the development of esports + this is an exclusive SONY.
      - SONY recently began to give new games on the release to pluses for free
      - VF5US is likely to require a plus for online play, so it's doubly enjoyable and right

The fact that the new game is free for pros will clearly attract new players = expand the VF community is also very correct.

My imao - all this is preparing and setting the stage for VF6 in the future. What's the point of reviving a 10-year-old game, even if it was modified for SEGA, if you don't plan to continue it?..
      Zekiel and Junosynth like this.
    20. Sozos
      Sozos
      Just think of it, new revision with upgraded graphics and gameplay + new modes ,rollback netcode ( i hope ) and available on ps plus for free in 8 days. OMG
      Shinobi likes this.