1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports Announcement

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 21, 2021.

By Myke on May 21, 2021 at 7:50 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The VF official twitter account revealed that an announcement on the Virtua Fighter x esports project will be made on Thursday, 27 May 2021 at approximately 8 PM (JST). The official virtuafighter.jp website features a countdown to this announcement overlayed on a video loop of Akira's back, along with some useful links. Are you ready for the Showdown?

VF x esports countdown.jpg

Be sure to follow all of the official VF links for the latest news:
    Rest assured that we'll do our best at VFDC to keep you up to date on any new developments as well!

Sozos, Manjimaru, Jotamide and 10 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, May 21, 2021.

1. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      How disappointing again is SEGA, if the game only comes to Playstation...

Bruuuuuuuuuuh, please it's not the case.
      Manjimaru likes this.
    2. SSfox
      SSfox
      Hope all you said is a thing, i also though about the VF6 thing, this could be indeed a preparation for VF6 as well.

Also the size of the game being leak, i mean i don't think it ever happened that size game leaked way before it was release, usually it happens when games are closer to release.

Without going into overhype mode as we can't be sure of anything, but everything here is making sens. Not saying it's necessary a thing, but it make logical sens.
      Junosynth and Zekiel like this.
    3. Shoju
      Shoju
      I would take that to mean this is just VF5FS with no changes but as a free game will be used to drum up interest and get people into the series ahead of an actual VF6 further down the line.

Every new numbered VF has always been a top of the line game on brand new hardware and a new console generation has just started.
    4. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Based on the description in the article it sounds like a revision. They said changes too.

There's no way there going to garner interest with a ten year old game ...
      Sozos and Junosynth like this.
    5. VF2011
      VF2011
      This Wednesday is when they announce the free games for June so not long to wait before we find out if this is true.
      Junosynth likes this.
    6. Krish
      Krish
      Does this mean VF5US on Steam is also for free? Good strategy Sega, you need more people.
    7. joanot
    8. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Zekiel, SSfox and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    9. joanot
    10. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Hmmmm ehh I'm mixed on the character models tbh. It's hit and miss for me...

Not to mention the trailer showed no new moves. I'm expecting more information on Thursday tho. Ign put it out early.

Regardless VF is back. New music better online got me hyped. I wonder what else will come?
      SSfox likes this.
    11. Krish
      Krish
      akira.jpg

Guess this picture is more Akira-like.
    12. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Who is this Guy..? Do they really think they gonna bring new comers with such Bad Yakuza NPC's redesign..? I was just watching an FGC stream And reading ALL these comments about VF characters lack of Charisma HURTS.. Classic AKIRA is SO Charismatic. Even VF4 Akira face was super good. With and withoud beard.

Was it so difficult to just improve old models and make them look like The c CHARACTER SELECT screen design? Where is the artist who made Former Akira Sarah Goh Lau Eileen design..? What happened..?
      Last edited: May 25, 2021
      Krish, faster 10 lightning and Zekiel like this.
    13. joanot
      joanot
      Negatives ( AKA Sega being Sega, again ):

- Only on PS4, not capitalizing on being on next gen consoles is a wasted opportunity. Lets hope for a PS5 upgrade patch.

- No PC/Xbox, another wasted opportunity to bring VF to PC. No Xbox sucks too.

- Dragon Engine, this one is based on my opinion from the youtube trailer, so hopefully im wrong, but Im worried about the animations, VF5FS still excels on that front. There are also little details I didnt like, like Wolf’s foot clipping through the floor, the hair dithering is ugly, some faces look wrong, Sarah, Goh & Wolf’s stages illumination looks way off...

- The updated graphics probably mean no VF5FS customization options.

- The HUD looks atrocius.

- No balance update/gameplay tweaks.

Im afraid this remake wont be able to achieve the same level of excellence Am2 delivered on all previous games. The standard is so high, will this remake do it justice ? The good part is that we will know in just one week : )

Still hyped for this weeks stream & for the game.
      faster 10 lightning likes this.
    14. Shinobi
      Shinobi
      Now, this is what I would like to see in the next VF!
    15. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      I think we'll find out if there will be balance adjustments and new gameplay stuff onThursday.

That's the main thing I care about along with offline and online modes

Other then that it's w/e to me
    16. SSfox
      SSfox
      Some people are saying Goh has new moves, if Goh has some new i would suspect everyone will?

I'd be quite surprise tbh that they weren't too lazy on upgrading the graphics and make new models and stages (something i have not expected that much tbh), just so then they won't even bother make a balance adjustment. Nah doesn't make sens, we'll found out soon enough in any case.
      Zekiel likes this.
    17. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      because picture is from the CG opening that is probably made by another team/comapny (most likely Marza Animation Planet, since they did the CG for the original VF5).