1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports "Legendary Pack" DLC Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega has released a new trailer for Virtua Fighter x esports,this time showcasing the "Legendary Pack" DLC package that will be made available.

The pack contains character costume customisation items, a BGM set which allows you to change the stage music to that of previous Virtua Fighter games, emojis that you can use during room matches and of course the Virtua Fighter 1 stage, UI and skins!

The DLC trailer reveals a price of JP¥1,100, roughly the equivalent of USD$10. The Legendary Pack will be available on the 1st of June, along with the base game on PlayStation Network.

To read further from Sega, check out the official website; https://www.virtuafighter.jp/vfes/ps4/dlc/

VFnumbers, HojeYosh, Zekiel and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

1. El_Twelve
      El_Twelve
      Here's a quick translation of the details.

2000 customisation items(a lot of these are just the same things in different colours)
      19 Costumes(costume C for every character)
      38 VF1 models(1p and 2p for every character)
      VF1 Jacky stage
      VF1 battle UI
      180 BGM tracks from various VF games
      36 stamps(emotes for spectator mode)
      Zekiel, akai, Myke and 5 others like this.
    2. Gibon
      Gibon
      I don't like their DLC policy. It's pretty desperate and greedy.
      RawrCookie likes this.
    3. Cheribam_J
      Cheribam_J
      Going that way, we'll probably have to wait until the 3rd DLC pack to get our hands on everything we had in FS.
      Zekiel likes this.
    4. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      I'm just glad it's all aesthetic stuff and not characters.
      beanboy, Zekiel, celsowm and 4 others like this.
    5. smbhax
      smbhax
      Or they'll just keep updating the Legendary Pack. We don't know yet. They've talked about making more items, and have not mentioned any other DLC packs.
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
    6. smbhax
      smbhax
      They're giving the game away for free to every PS+ and PS Now subscriber.
      Zekiel likes this.
    7. smbhax
      smbhax
      Might be worth clarifying that if you purchase the base game ($30)--rather than getting the game for free with a PS+ or PS Now subscription--then it comes with the Legendary Pack included.

Only people who get the game for free will need--if they want the additional stuff--to purchase the Legendary Pack separately ($10).
    8. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Where was this confirmed? I'll try to update with the official link.
      Coroo likes this.
    9. Gibon
      Gibon
      That's only because they didn't have the budget to make a new game. If VF6 comes out, new characters will be paid DLC.
      Only the base game is "free" for PS+ subscribers. In case people forgot, VF5FS was as well. https://blog.playstation.com/2012/0...-for-playstation-plus-special-offer-detailed/
      RawrCookie, Zekiel and smbhax like this.
    10. smbhax
      smbhax
      Oh yeah I did forget about that. Nice. Although that didn't get them the big following they wanted then, yet they're trying it again now. Hm.

OH well I keep forgetting they don't really care about that, they just want the Japanese online tournament scene; anything else is bonus. And the Japanese online tournament scene is something that wasn't around last time. So I guess nobody can tell yet that this *won't* work.
    11. VF2011
      VF2011
      What I'm wondering now is if everyone will be able to see the costumes, but just not use them without the dlc, or will it be like FS where you couldn't even see other people's costumes without the dlc?

My guess is they will make it so you can see them so it encourages people to then buy it themselves. Not long to wait now before we know.
      Zekiel, SSfox and smbhax like this.
    12. Gibon
      Gibon
      Well, the Japanese online tournament scene is new, but this game is old, new graphics or not. It's not like everybody in Japan will suddenly fall in love with it.
    13. smbhax
      smbhax
      Oh shoot, good question; I guess...jeez, now I'm worried, because in English all we really have is the 5/27 Destructoid article, which does mention "it will retail for $30, which includes the Legendary Pack," but also prefaces that with "Once the title leaves PS+"; would they really not have the game available for purchase for non-subscribers for the first two months? Ew.

I guess I've just been hoping that was a mistake or poor phrasing on Destructoid's part--they got the arcade date wrong in that article, for instance--since Japan will be able to buy the game day one. But, maybe not. Man then I'd have to sub to PS+ just to be able to try single-player. That can't be how it's gonna work here...can it? : o

https://www.destructoid.com/stories...es-the-roster-back-to-the-blocks-630442.phtml

I guess the one defense I had was that the original English trailer just said 6/1 without mentioning PS+/Now at all, but that's still not confirmation.

Well, okay. In another article two days later, 5/29, Destructoid wrote: "Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown launches June 1 on PS4. It will be included in June's PlayStation Plus selection, or can be purchased separately for $30, which includes the DLC." So that definitely makes it sound like the $30 purchase will be available June 1st, since they don't mention any other date or condition.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories...er-in-all-their-boxy-retro-glory-630677.phtml

It sure seems silly that Sega USA doesn't seem to think this kind of information needs to be on their actual web site for the game.

~~~~~~~~~

^^ Separate news-wise, that second Destructoid article does have a screenshot of each character, except Dural, in one of their two VF1 costumes. They made it sound like they didn't really realize each character has two VF1 costumes. : P And they don't mention Dural (wouldn't she have a VF1 look? She does in 10th Anniversary). And for some reason they include a second shot of the same costume for El Blaze.

Man, Destructoid. Man, Sega.

They do say "The Legendary Pack also includes an option to replace the redesigned U.I. with that of the original release in this classic series." That's kind of obvious, I guess. Maybe it sort of suggests it's actually in the game's options menu? I'd still like to know where that option will be.
      MadeManG74 likes this.
    14. L_A
      L_A
      It's literally $10. Honestly I think its more than fair for what's included.
      Technocrow, Zekiel, celsowm and 3 others like this.
    15. Gibon
      Gibon
      It will be on sale right away. They only mean it's "free" on PS+ for two months.
      $10 for the first DLC pack. There will be more of them. In the end, it's going to be more expensive than VF5FS. They just use the salami tactic: instead of giving a set price, they will try to get people's money via small chunks.
      RawrCookie likes this.
    16. smbhax
      smbhax
      Oh yeah, I don't think Sega is counting on that. They just want to have the tournament scene within their system.
    17. Emptyeyes
      Emptyeyes
      That's fine with me. I will be re-customizing everyone again. Since, I'm gothic and androgynous, I prefer those lifestyle attires to be applied with all characters. However, if that can't be done, than I can see if I dress them in a more darker or death like approach.
      Zekiel likes this.
    18. Gibon
      Gibon
      I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes, but with more paid DLC on the way and the fact that a PS+ subscription will be necessary in order to play it online, I don't consider this a "gift" and I wish they would stop telling it is one.
    19. smbhax
      smbhax
      If they have more $10 DLC packs (there is no indication they will, but I guess let's just make assumptions and get pre-emptively mad?) that have as much stuff in them as this one does, that would be amazing. That would be an amazing amount of VF stuff.
      ToyDingo and Zekiel like this.