1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports "Legendary Pack" DLC Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega has released a new trailer for Virtua Fighter x esports,this time showcasing the "Legendary Pack" DLC package that will be made available.

The pack contains character costume customisation items, a BGM set which allows you to change the stage music to that of previous Virtua Fighter games, emojis that you can use during room matches and of course the Virtua Fighter 1 stage, UI and skins!

The DLC trailer reveals a price of JP¥1,100, roughly the equivalent of USD$10. The Legendary Pack will be available on the 1st of June, along with the base game on PlayStation Network.

To read further from Sega, check out the official website; https://www.virtuafighter.jp/vfes/ps4/dlc/

VFnumbers, HojeYosh, Zekiel and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

1. Gibon
      Gibon
      The producer said there will be more paid DLC.
    2. smbhax
      smbhax
      What DLC would that be?
    3. smbhax
      smbhax
      Quote/link? In the Famitsu article he said they were going to get the rest of the items out, and hopefully new ones too. He didn't say anything about whether those would be updates to the Legendary Pack, separate paid DLC, free, or what. At least, not that I saw in the Google Translate version.
    4. Gibon
      Gibon
      Most of the DLC will be just the customization items from VF5FS.
      https://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/28221768.html

If you read that properly, he says that the future DLC packs will have the currently missing customization items from VF5FS, and some new ones, if they have the time to add them. Recreating the VF5FS items is what they are doing right now. And he says it will be paid DLC, just like Legendary Pack.
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
      Coroo likes this.
    5. Oioron
      Oioron
      More content in the future? Sign-me up.

While it may cost more than FS in the end, we’re also likely to get more content out of it. If it helps Virtua Fighter to stay relevant, I’m all for it.
      Zekiel, celsowm and Coroo like this.
    6. Gibon
      Gibon
      How many people will have that approach, though? Imagine the typical PS+ user. He gets the base download for "free", but he can't really enjoy it without paying for DLC packs (people love customization and they will get bored of playing with the default costumes FAST). Do you really think most people will jump into such a business model?
    7. Oioron
      Oioron
      People likely eventually got tired of the customization items from before too, especially with no new content to look forward to.

I’ll reserve full judgement until I see for myself the customization options available for the $10 prize tag.
    8. smbhax
      smbhax
      I'm not reading it properly, I don't know Japanese. I'm getting it via Google Translate. https://translate.google.com/transl...s://www.famitsu.com/news/202105/28221768.html That says

"There are some features that I mentioned earlier that I haven't fully completed, and I think there will be requests for such things after the release, so I would like to respond to them as much as possible. There are so many types of character customization items throughout the series, so I would like to increase them."

"All the graphics have been fully remade, so the costumes have been remade from scratch. This time, we have carefully selected items, but there are a lot of items that have not been fully remade yet, so I would like to put them out in order. I also want to make new items. If you have a story, it might be a collaboration costume."​

That doesn't say future DLC packs. It says nothing about how they'll be distributed. It could be updates to the Legendary Pack. It could be free updates to the game. What exactly does your translation say that's telling you he said they're definite additional paid DLC?

I strongly suspect--he says they hit development delays due to the coronavirus--that they'd intended to have all the FS items included in the $10 Legendary Pack from day one.
      Zekiel and celsowm like this.
    9. smbhax
      smbhax
      Like people get bored of playing Super Turbo?

I mean I guess all but a hardcore kind of have so maybe I'm making your point for you, if we overlook the fact that Super Turbo was pretty popular for many years and has sold quite a number of copies. Anyway I do think you're jumping the gun on this stuff just a little bit. The horrors you envision have not happened just yet. And yes, most people will drop off the game very quickly. There's really no reason to think it will catch on here this second time around, after it didn't the first time. I don't think giving away customization for free would solve that for them, and then they would also have made zero money.
      Zekiel likes this.
    10. Gibon
      Gibon
      No. He says the Legendary Pack only has items selected by the devs, but future DLC packs will have the rest of the VF5FS items, and possibly brand new costumes/customization items.
      Not "giving away for free".

They should have one download, with no DLC, for something like 25 bucks. If that catches on, THEN they can start making some extra DLC. Instead, they are already working on future DLC packs. The base download is bare-bones, so PS+ people won't even see the game at its best.
    11. smbhax
      smbhax
      See, "future DLC packs" is not in my Google Translate version, so here's where I'm confused. Also, wasn't it specifically *paid* DLC packs you were concerned about? Can you provide your exact translation and its approximate position in the article, if it's somewhere besides those two answers I already showed my Google Translate version of?

(And in mine he doesn't exactly say "selected by the devs," he says they're remaking the items "in order.")
      Zekiel likes this.
    12. Gibon
      Gibon
      Read the translation done by his guy: https://twitter.com/gosokkyu

The producer of VF5US clearly stated they there will be future paid DLC packs with cosmetics.
    13. smbhax
      smbhax
      Okay, I guess you mean this thread:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1398168477861437441

He is really fast and loose here, not surprising since he's stuffing the entire article into tweets. In those parts I quoted the Google Translate version of, he says nothing about additional paid DLC. The only thing close to that I see is this near the start:

which Google translates as

"As expected, free play has been tough for a long time (laughs), so PlayStation Plus members were targeted for two months. Also, since it is a target title of PlayStation Now, it is for a limited time, but members can play at no additional charge. At the same time, the pack that comes with the DLC is sold for a fee."​

I'm not sure where GSK got his "bundles, etc" part from. But even his quick summary translation doesn't mention additional paid DLC beyond the one pack we know about. According to Google Translate, Aoki just says "the pack that comes with the DLC," singular. Did I miss a tweet?
    14. Gibon
      Gibon
      What? Aoki clearly says there will be DLC packs sold after the game hits on June 1st. What's mysterious to you about it? He is obviously referring to future paid DLC packs since he talks about the future, not the currently existing Legendary Pack.
    15. smbhax
      smbhax
      Nowhere does Aoki say anything about future paid DLC packs, or even any packs after the Legendary Pack, as far as I can see.

Maybe I'm overlooking some PSN rule or something, but it seems to me that nothing has to be a separate DLC pack, paid or unpaid, if they don't want it to be. Are you just assuming any later update of items would be paid DLC? Because he doesn't say it will be. He says later updates of items, yes. That doesn't mean separate paid DLC--that is one way it could be done, but not the only way, and he makes no mention of doing it that way.

Couldn't they simply update the game with more items, for instance? You need the Legendary Pack to unlock Customization mode, so there you go, all taken care of, still with the one DLC pack. Maybe they won't do it that way; he doesn't say how they'll do it. You see to be assuming they'll do it by separate, additional and paid DLC packs, when that isn't the only or even the easiest way to do it, is it?
      Zekiel likes this.
    16. Gibon
      Gibon
      He specifically says that after two months, the game won't be "free" on PS+ anymore, and by that time there will be more DLC packs, as well as bundles on sale.
    17. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      Good that DLC are just comestics and not characters or modes.

But I hope that once they release all DLC, there will be a physical edition with everything included.
      Zekiel and celsowm like this.
    18. smbhax
      smbhax
      GSK:

Google Translate:

"As expected, free play has been tough for a long time (laughs), so PlayStation Plus members were targeted for two months. Also, since it is a target title of PlayStation Now, it is for a limited time, but members can play at no additional charge. At the same time, the pack that comes with the DLC is sold for a fee."
      I'm not seeing him saying what you're saying he said, in either translation. There is no reference to "more DLC packs." And as I said, I just don't know where GSK got his vague "bundles, etc" from.
    19. Gibon
      Gibon
      "ofc it won't be free forever: it'll leave PS+ after two months and the PS Now version is also limited, and they'll be selling DLC, bundles, etc concurrently with these promos"

What don't you understand here? He is clearly talking about future paid DLC packs, not any "free" patches. Any extra content in the future will be a paid DLC pack. They will also do bundles.
    20. smbhax
      smbhax
      That "bundles, etc concurrently with these promos" part is not in the interview; GSK added that himself. He's actually talking about the launch on June 1st: he says "concurrently with these promos"--the only "promos" we know of, now or for the future, are the PS+ and PS Now launch promotions. Also at launch, there is the one DLC, and there is the game+DLC bundle.

GSK probably should have said "bundle" instead of "bundles." There are no other DLC packs or bundles mentioned in the interview. I don't know what he meant by "etc." But again, Aoki himself did not say that "bundles, etc...promos," it was GSK trying to fit in other stuff he knew about what would be available at launch.