1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports "Legendary Pack" DLC Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega has released a new trailer for Virtua Fighter x esports,this time showcasing the "Legendary Pack" DLC package that will be made available.

The pack contains character costume customisation items, a BGM set which allows you to change the stage music to that of previous Virtua Fighter games, emojis that you can use during room matches and of course the Virtua Fighter 1 stage, UI and skins!

The DLC trailer reveals a price of JP¥1,100, roughly the equivalent of USD$10. The Legendary Pack will be available on the 1st of June, along with the base game on PlayStation Network.

To read further from Sega, check out the official website; https://www.virtuafighter.jp/vfes/ps4/dlc/

VFnumbers, HojeYosh, Zekiel and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

1. Gibon
      Gibon
      No, the producer of VF5US actually said this. This was said elsewhere as well. It's guaranteed to happen. They are working on more paid costumes DLC as we speak. They will release it in a month or two, after the PS+ promo is over.
    2. smbhax
      smbhax
      Source?
    3. SSfox
      SSfox
      I hope we can disable VF1 skins, not interested into going back playing with Jurassic graphics, beside the costumes looks great.
    4. Gibon
      Gibon
      Whatever the SEGA live stream with Seiji Aoki was where he said that future DLC will be paid for, and that the PS+ "free" option is only for a month or two (currently, it's planned for two months, but they might change it with no notice). The Famitsu interview only confirms that. It's so obvious that this is exactly what they planned and there's no way they will give any "costume patches" in the future.
    5. smbhax
      smbhax
      They were quite specific about when the PS+/Now promotion ends when they announced it:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/0...hter-5-ultimate-showdown-star-wars-squadrons/

"Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown will be available to PlayStation Plus members until Monday, August 2."

Of course they would like to be able to have future paid DLC. That doesn't mean finishing up the FS items is paid DLC. You're jumping to that conclusion yourself. We don't know. It could be a part of second pack with a ton of other stuff, I suppose; but if it was like the Legendary Pack, that would still mean a ton of additional content for the price.

Still, this is all speculation and we don't know. You seem to be assuming that they're going to split the remaining FS items up into two or three separate $10 DLC things with no additional value in them, so it's all a huge rip-off. I don't have a problem with you suggesting that scenario as a possibility (okay, well the rip-off aspect I do; no rip-off has actually happened yet but you're trying to make them sound like thieves for what you're imagining jerks would do), but you've been trying to present it as fact, when it is not actually supported by any source you've been able to supply.
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
    6. SSfox
      SSfox
      Finally seen Shun customization, a lot of FS customs aren't in, but there are few still and will do it for now at least.

I'm also surprise they made online available already, i though they'll open it tomorrow but it's already there.
    7. b4k4
      b4k4
      How is it even criticism to say that Sega isn't going to give away future cosmetic content for free?

This is how contemporary game monetization works. Free* (with PS+) core game with paid cosmetics is absolutely the path Sega should take if they want VF to succeed financially.

Will a hypothetical VF6 contain DLC characters and season passes? It is almost a certainty - are there any examples of contemporary FG devs who are not doing this?

This is the future of the industry. While it means a title can be more costly over time, the upside is that it means more attention to balance and patches, and in general increases the life-span of titles.

Not wanting Sega to monetize Ultimate is baffling. Let them get paid for cosmetic DLC while they can. It has zero impact on gameplay and helps bring in new players. The better the game performs financially, the better the probability that VF6 becomes a focus for Sega down the road.

If you don't want to pay for cosmetics you can just, y'know, not.
    8. Gibon
      Gibon
      You don't read the small print. There's a note that this is subject to change with no notice, although it mostly like won't change. The idea is to have it on PS+ for two months as a free base download + $10 for the Legendary Pack.

After that, the game will receive more paid DLC and the base download won't be "free" anymore for PS+.
    9. Gibon
      Gibon
      Nobody said they should give anything away for free.

I said there should be a complete package instead of small DLC bundles. They want to nibble people for small chunks of money, but in a month or two, most people will actually lose interest. It's VF5FS all over again, which had separate DLC packs for each character, actually (plus one big pack, which cost as much as the base game). The base download of VF5FS only had the basic costumes. And then they cried that not many people bought it.
      Last edited: May 31, 2021
      Zekiel and SDS_Overfiend1 like this.
    10. smbhax
      smbhax
      Yes, that's how PS+ works.
      Zekiel and celsowm like this.
    11. smbhax
      smbhax
      You're the one assuming "small DLC bundles," so you're kind of just arguing with your own paranoia here so far.
    12. Gibon
      Gibon
      Nobody is assuming anything. The plan was laid out by the producer. The idea is to make money via DLC packs instead of selling a complete package. And stop the ad personam nonsense.
    13. smbhax
      smbhax
      I don't think they actually care; this time they're going for eSports in Japan. Anything else is a bonus as far as they're concerned.
      Zekiel likes this.
    14. smbhax
      smbhax
      But this is how eSports, or games as a service, work--you keep the product going, producing new stuff, and get sales of that over time.

I didn't exactly mean to insult you about "paranoia," but man, this is how Capcom, Namco, etc have been doing this stuff for years, and they're just trying to do it, too. Aoki didn't invent this model.

I do think, however, that you're being a little paranoid if you're accusing them of being deceptive for not having all the FS items ready to go at launch. They had a hard and fast deadline with Sega's 60th Anniversary on Thursday, and they hit speed bumps. That's pretty believable, especially considering that there was a global pandemic in there. Admittedly, I'm not sure why they're so fanatic about hitting the anniversary date, but it seems to be what they're into and I have no reason to believe they're lying about it.
      celsowm likes this.
    15. Gibon
      Gibon
      The VF series and its fans are suffering for over a decade because SEGA has "problems". If they did this right, they wouldn't have to fight any deadline.

What you're saying about other games in the genre is actually deceptive, BTW. First of all, those are brand new games with tons of content, not remakes of something which dates back to the Lindbergh hardware. Secondly, people are vocal about the fact that DoA is charging too much and too often for cosmetics. Why should SEGA copy bad practices?
    16. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      I don’t think I have the stomach for this any more. Items are missing out right... Nickel and diming for Costume choices. Just go back to the old way. 2 bundles or single character file. Nobody got time for all the preliminaries. Ain’t nobody sticking around to play this shit but 50% of us.
      Zekiel and Gibon like this.
    17. SSfox
      SSfox

So people that tried it are saying netcode is good, hopefully it's not gonna be same situation like T7 when netcode was good first week then it become trash after.
      smbhax, Zekiel and charleypk222 like this.
    18. L_A
      L_A
      It's crazy to see how many people are angry about updated or newer content. Most people are here on VFDC cuz they love the game and would happily pay money to support it. In regards to the DLC, it's optional and doesn't make you a better or worse player.
      -
      For those angry about getting new sh*t after how many years, just F off and go play something else. Leave the board to the people that actually enjoy the series.
      smbhax likes this.
    19. Gibon
      Gibon
      Bravo! Make the same mistake as in 2012 with VF5FS, wait another decade for the next "revival".
    20. EmpNovA
      EmpNovA
      Newer content? How much of this is actually new versus rehashed VF5FS content? Hard to love VF when they are stripping out more and more features from each successive version. Tutorials? Quest Mode? Less costumes? I would rather pay $60-$70 for a full game. And keep in mind that VF4EVO was a $20 Greatest Hits game back in the day with more content than literally any fighting game that had ever been made. And VF4EVO will probably outsell this game (and that was also a SONY exclusive). We are paying more for less.

Are things like tutorials, rollback netcode, and something like Quest Mode too much to ask for? Will we even get those for VF6? I just want VF games to be cutting edge and revolutionary again like VF4 and VF4EVO content were. Every single game mode in VF4EVO still holds up today. Just give us those and decent online.
      No one is angry at all. We have moved on with our lives from playing VF that is all. I play other games. I workout. I swim. I still play VF casually but without proper training modes or something fun like Quest Mode I cannot justify playing VF5FS over other games. And it seems like VF5US will be the same unfortunately.

I have been around VF for decades. I would not have invested much time at all in VF4EVO if not for the incredible tutorials and even for Quest Mode. I hate seeing what this series has become because I was around for its peak. Honestly I would spend $1,000 for VF5US if it had the same content as VF4EVO plus online modes.
      Zekiel, SDS_Overfiend1 and Gibon like this.