1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports "Legendary Pack" DLC Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega has released a new trailer for Virtua Fighter x esports,this time showcasing the "Legendary Pack" DLC package that will be made available.

The pack contains character costume customisation items, a BGM set which allows you to change the stage music to that of previous Virtua Fighter games, emojis that you can use during room matches and of course the Virtua Fighter 1 stage, UI and skins!

The DLC trailer reveals a price of JP¥1,100, roughly the equivalent of USD$10. The Legendary Pack will be available on the 1st of June, along with the base game on PlayStation Network.

To read further from Sega, check out the official website; https://www.virtuafighter.jp/vfes/ps4/dlc/

VFnumbers, HojeYosh, Zekiel and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

1. smbhax
    2. Ali
      Ali
      Loving the new soundtracks... Some are totally new, some pay homage to VF5/R/FS and some to previous games.

This game is solid.
      cobratron likes this.
    3. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      I am sad that they cut alot of the customization options From FS e.g(special items, clothes, hair, Type D & E outfits} while i know they will just sell them back to us as DLC considering their prices it's okay i bought the game and Legendary pack for $48 which for a beautiful looking updated VF with some modern features i think it's a fair trade. I'm loving the game right now it looks gorgeous. Sarah and Vanessa looks super sexy now and Akira and Lei-Fei look alot more fierce in their renders now. AM2 really put in work on this and it shows.
      cobratron likes this.
    4. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      customization is a little underwhelming.
      It's more on par with vanilla VF4, unfortunately I cannot recreate my characters from vanilla VF5 because of lack of items.

I'm not worried because they'll add all items eventually, but I hope they will be included for "free" for those who have the Legendary pack, at least as long as we are talking about old Final Showdown items.
      cobratron and Cheribam_J like this.
    5. cobratron
      cobratron
      Be patient. Game just came out and they had to forego some features in order to make this release deadline. D,E, and S will all come back and we mostly wont even have to pay for it. *crosses fingers*

Whats way more important is that we need the invite system or lack thereof to be in the game properly like 99% of other videogames. Also some people dont have an R3 button and cant reset in training mode. Wth they need to remedy these in the next major update.
      Zekiel, joanot and smbhax like this.
    6. Tha_FeauchA
      Tha_FeauchA
      With the description saying "2,000 items". I'm thinking when more come out, it going to be free for the people who already purchased this pack. I'm not too good at math, but, I don't think there's 2,000 items in this pack right now.

If that happens, that'll be a huge plus for this game. I'm personally ok with it coming out later. And I know it's because of covid and them not being able to put in as much time as they wanted to, with complete customization being lower on the list of things that need to be done for the game's release. Which is very unfortunate when introducing VF again to so many players and having so many eyes on it right now.. I only say this because there's a good chunk of people who aren't too ecstatic about how many items the pack has/we have right now compared to what the older VF games have. Mainly people who haven't played VF before.
      cobratron likes this.
    7. TheTHCGamer
      TheTHCGamer
      Support your favorite fighting game franchise or don't support your fighting game franchise. I choose to support VF and if you're not really a fan then there are plenty of other fighting games to play.

I'm going to buy any fighting game content related to VF5US because I remember how long it was the last time Sega released a VF game. If the DLC is not worth it to you then don't buy it but don't sit here trying to convince long time fans that it isn't worth it.

So called shady DLC practices have been used by pretty much almost every company these days so are we pointing out what Sega is doing when it's been this way since DLC came out.

On top of that it's not like this game is expected to sell a ton of copies like COD so it's not like your spending money on a franchise that doesn't need it. Sega is saying you love VF well then prove it and if spending a few bucks shows that then take that little bit of money.

I spend more money than 30 dollars for food all the time so I'm fine with spending it on something that's going to give me lots of hours of fun I'm my life.
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
      masterpo, Zekiel, Ali and 1 other person like this.
    8. def
      def
      When this released a couple of days ago, I was surprised it released early in the morning. It wasn't even available "free" with PS + at the time so I decided to pay the $30 price tag and was of course happy to. I'm glad the Legendary DLC pack was included.
      TheTHCGamer likes this.
    9. Ali
      Ali
      It's very interesting you put it that way. I am sure your post might trigger some nerves and in the end everybody is free to approach it the way they like.

I am supporting this game fully (including actually purchasing the game with intention to purchase whatever physical copy done by third parties). I sense that there is an honest amount of efforts here. I truly believe that Sega was and is still hesitant about how to approach VF6 (I think they want to do it right and they actually want it to succeed). I think VF5US is just honest efforts to deliver something new for VF fans and as much as I'd have loved this to be the 6th game, I understand why it exists.

I am personally loving the game and actively playing it off and online. I see myself playing it for years the same way I did VF5 and FS. It's genuinely a good game that's carried by its quality much more than nostalgia (I am nostalgic too).

I think carrying the game on a new engine, doing new OST, updating characters and stages are worth the price of admission and I agree most of us have probably paid the same or even more on games that we won't even play 10th of the time we will US.
    10. TheTHCGamer
      TheTHCGamer
      Honestly I was having to argue with people in the past about this very same subject when the VF5 for xbox 360 released. People whining about having to unlock content that's already on disc boo hoo.

On the flipside you're getting to play a game that most companies don't even feel is worth the effort to release on consoles. The video game landscape is changing worldwide so if we want to continue to see games like VF released then those companies need an incentive to do so.

Unless the fighting game you play is named MK, tekken, or SF then you better support. At the end of day video games are a business if the money's not there games won't get made.

Let me make this clear these corporations are not our friends DLC it's not some kind gesture to add more content it's to make an added extra profit so investors can see if a sequel is even wort making.

Sales for a game like VF alone aren't going to be enough to warrant a sequel these days. So before you start standing on your soapbox preaching that what Sega is doing is unethical just remember are you really doing good or are you really doing harm to the franchise you supposedly support?

There are lines we need to draw in the sand like locking actual characters behind a pay wall that are finished and making us wait months to even unlock them. Yes I'm speaking SFxT but even then I paid for the DLC but here we are discussing paying for customization of all things.
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
      Cheribam_J likes this.
    11. SSfox
      SSfox
      I there a link to watch all customization of VF5S ps360?
    12. Ali
      Ali
      My personal feeling is that even the most vocally critical people in the site will end up buying and playing the game. You don't register at a fansite and spend good amount of years only to hate on the game.
      Zekiel likes this.
    13. smbhax
      smbhax
      My windows Calculator program says

2000 items / 19 characters = ~105.2631578947 items per character.

In FS there are 22 categories of items. 105 items / 22 categories = ~4.77 items per category.

Pretty sure that's a lot less than FS. Seems like it could be about what is in US right now.
      Tha_FeauchA and Gibon like this.
    14. TheTHCGamer
      TheTHCGamer
      Regardless if they buy it the last thing this franchise needs is any of its community members being negative because it's a niche franchise in a already niche genre of games.

I read that stuff and I'm like really it's been almost 10 years since we last got a VF game DLC should be the least of our worries. Let the other people who want to create excuses be the ones to complain about those aspects.

I don't know maybe those people are burned out on VF but every release for me has been special. Even if at the end of the days it's still the same game from before.

With every new release I try to tell people the number one reason I love VF. It's not a complicated answer either and it's the reason we all started gaming in the first place the game is fun.

The reason I prefer VF over other fighting games is because I just have more fun playing it then all the others. A lot of people will give you obvious answers like it's great depth but nope my number one reason is the sheer enjoyment I get out of it.
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    15. Gibon
      Gibon
      Couldn't disagree more. Sarah and Vanessa are super ugly now. Akira and Lei-Fei look like some crazy cosplayers instead of the real deal.
      There are because SEGA counted the color swaps as separate items. BTW, FS had ~20 000 items according to SEGA, so this is ~1/10 of what we had.
      Tha_FeauchA likes this.
    16. charleypk222
      charleypk222
      let hope he dont have 10 pack only to get back all item from fs
      Gibon likes this.
    17. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Now RGG studio studio broke all the rules with the Yellow Red Blue clouds on hit (Yakuza style) everthng is possible Goro majima with a baseball Bat :mad:
    18. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
    19. SSfox
      SSfox

Hell no please, Harada already ruined T7 with this bullshit, let us have at least one 3d fighting game that is purely focus and fist to fist martial arts with no weapon or shotos bullshits.

Only true martial arts fighters are allowed in VF. And thankfully.
      smbhax and Gibon like this.
    20. Ali
      Ali
      I disagree. Despite the intial impression pre release, the characters models are actually well done for the most part.
      SSfox likes this.