1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports "Legendary Pack" DLC Trailer

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

By MadeManG74 on May 31, 2021 at 3:57 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Sega has released a new trailer for Virtua Fighter x esports,this time showcasing the "Legendary Pack" DLC package that will be made available.

The pack contains character costume customisation items, a BGM set which allows you to change the stage music to that of previous Virtua Fighter games, emojis that you can use during room matches and of course the Virtua Fighter 1 stage, UI and skins!

The DLC trailer reveals a price of JP¥1,100, roughly the equivalent of USD$10. The Legendary Pack will be available on the 1st of June, along with the base game on PlayStation Network.

To read further from Sega, check out the official website; https://www.virtuafighter.jp/vfes/ps4/dlc/

VFnumbers, HojeYosh, Zekiel and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, May 31, 2021.

1. SSfox
      SSfox
      Characters look great, some look even better than in FS, imo the only major problem of the game is netcode and matchmaking.

I don't think I'll keep play online more than a week at this rate, yesterday was the most terrible day of vf5us, too long to find a match and once find they all crazy laggy. If Sega don't fix it next week GG Strive will drop and it's gonna be my main fighting game online.
      Zekiel likes this.
    2. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      matchmaking should be fixed as soon as possible, it's more important than invitation.
      They should do some miracle with netcode, because a lot of people will jump on GG Strive bandwagon just because of rollback...
    3. def
      def
      In my opinion, it could be the same for other characters, Sarah sometimes I guess depending on the angle, facial expression, could look as if she needed improvement, but other times looks pretty decent.

EDIT: Also any idea when we could expect more content to be made available, such as customizations items, costumes, maybe even more modes hopefully single player ones? Anything to expect or hope at E3?
    4. SSfox
      SSfox
      If they're too lazy to implement rollback and plan to let the netcode in that actual shitty state, they can at least try to add some solo content like Quest mode.
    5. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Rollback is prohibitively difficult to implement in games that weren't designed for it, is my understanding.
      I think the bigger problem is the match-making that constantly matches me with awful connections and claims it's '4 bars'.
      Sounds like they are working on that though, which will go a long way.
      Zekiel likes this.
    6. SSfox
      SSfox
      NRS has done it for MKX, i'm sure it was hard and cost them money, but it was worth it to keep their community alive and engaged. And for a such legendary franchise with so innovative gameplay as VF having one of the shittiest netcode is quite a shame if i want to be honest.

Sure it's hard, but at some point they will have to make the move for rollback, it's already proven to be the best way to make solid netcode, and another thing is once they optimize the tech for VF5US, it will also serve for VF6, in other word they won't have to do everything from scratch to make a rollback netcode for a VF6 (it they will make the game in the future).

And they need to act fast, the game doesn't have much solo content so once players will have issue playing online they will just leave the game and go play something else, like some other fighting game with good netcode or some Fortnite, COD or Apex. And once they leave it won't be easy to make them come back i think. Sega need to act wise and fast.
    7. Zekiel
      Zekiel
      Disagree my matches are great or decent with a few bad matches here and there. But then again... Sega uses discriminatory netcode lol
    8. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      If you check the steam achievements, only about 30% of people that purchased MKX have played a single online game (https://steamcommunity.com/stats/307780/achievements), so I don't know if it was worth it for them, financially considering the overwhelming majority of players don't play online or don't play enough to know the difference anyway.
      I definitely think that Sega should look into rollback for future games, but realistically it's probably not a profitable venture to update an existing game. For VF6 though? Definitely!
      charleypk222 likes this.
    9. SSfox
      SSfox
      MKX sold 10 millions copies, so even if 5% play the game online it means 500,000 playerbase Online, which is huge.
    10. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      No doubt, but I'm just pointing out that the audience of a fighting game that really cares and understands netcode is still quite niche. Having said that I fully concede that MK is more single player heavy than something like VF, but still worth keeping in mind.
      For the record, I also really would love rollback for VF, but I just think the chances of it being 'patched' into VF5US is slim to none. I do think it's very likely they would include it in their plans for a potential sequel though!
      smbhax likes this.
    11. SSfox
      SSfox
      You're probably right that Sega may never add rollback to vf5us, specially considering the lvl of lazyness of Sega, its already a miracle on itself that they released a new game, but my personal optimism always push me to think the best things will eventually happen even when it doesn't seem likely. I think if you care about something you should always hope for the best.

And yes in the worst case where VF5US will never improve its netcode, VF6 when it will ever come better have rollback since start or they should just call it instead of ultimate showdown, but Ultimate Fail.
    12. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      you make it sound like netcode is a disaster, while it's really good, and personally apart the first two days when matches were really bad, I'm having now a good experience similar to rollback based games (that are far from perfect, even rollback games can have heavy lag depending on many factors).

Reading online, I think people are just convinced that netcode is bad just because it isn't rollback.
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
      smbhax likes this.
    13. SSfox
      SSfox
      Nah the netcode of VF5US is legit trash, T7, SC6, SFV are much better and those don't even had good netcode like MK11 and Skullgirls.
    14. faster 10 lightning
      faster 10 lightning
      SC6 was decent, T7 depending on the day, SFV was really bad.

While I was really disappointed by rollback, giving all the marketing push I expected a flawless experiences...
    15. Vespuche
      Vespuche
      So I really like the game. Maybe enough to purchase the Legendary DLC. Says you get 2000 characters customization items. I cant find in game where this feature is. Will it "open up" after I get the DLC?
    16. smbhax
      smbhax
      Yes, it's under the Customize Characters icon (the two shirts) in the middle lower right.