1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x esports

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 25, 2020.

By Myke on Sep 25, 2020 at 9:37 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Announced at TGS2020 as part of SEGA's 60th Anniversary is a new project titled "Virtua Fighter x esports". Little is known at this stage, but details on the project will be revealed in a future update. What do you think it could be?

Virtua Fighter x esports.jpg

The official announcement via twitter:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Stl_Tim
      Stl_Tim
      This new ios pachinko game is gonna be bannas!
      I’m so excited!
      beanboy likes this.
    2. Tricky
      Tricky
      Aight I made a video on my thoughts.
      JCnextinc likes this.
    3. def
      def
      If the characters' models are updated, I hope Sarah looks much better or at least as she appears in Dead or Alive 5.
      nou likes this.
    4. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Dude.. Are you serious ?
    5. def
      def
      What do you mean? It's just my opinion. In my opinion, I think her VF4 model's face is better than her VF5's. Also in DOA5, her hair was better looking too, you could see the strands.
      Pai~Chun likes this.
    6. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      I think she should looks exactly like the improved CGI design you have on your profile picture. :)
      DOA model are very generic anime style. Unrealistic and to fat for a fighter of her kind. She's supposed to be super fast with her legs. In doa Sarah looks like she had too much Burger King
      beanboy, SSfox and Sonic The Fighters like this.
    7. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Yep i agree.

And VF characters don't even look as good in DOA5 as they do in VF5FS.
    8. def
      def
      Was Soul Caiblur 6 a reboot or something that kept some of the newer characters?
    9. beanboy
      beanboy
      Concerning this latest bit of news....
      Let's hope for the best on this one.
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    10. gido
      gido
      Highly disappointed in Sega, truly am. But at the same time its not really surprising..this just shows you it's truly no point in reviving VF. Changing the name from "Final" to "Ultimate" Showdown is not gonna cut it, I'm sorry. At this day and age, mostly its just a port..I'd actually be genuinely shocked if its NOT a port.

If you dont like DOA5 just say that.
      Blitzball Champ likes this.
    11. Tricky
      Tricky
      SC6 was a lore reset.
    12. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Or more like i don't care of DOA5 in 2021...

DOA faces for VF characters (Akira, Jacky, Sarah) are meh and bland, even their bodies are weird.

Sorry but i choose the VF5FS Sarah 10 times over the DOA5 one for a new VF game.