1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x Fist of the North Star LEGENDS ReVIVE Collaboration

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Jul 27, 2020.

By MadeManG74 on Jul 27, 2020 at 3:47 AM
  1. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Yet another Virtua Fighter crossover, this time with mobile game Fist of the North Star Legends ReVive.

Check out the new trailer from Sega that reveals Akira Yuki battling with Kenshiro of the legendary Fist of the North Star Franchise.
    Players can log in now to get a Retro Virtua Fighter costume. There's also a hint of a second character joining the fold! (Spoilers: It's Pai).

VF X FOTNS 2.jpg
    VF X FOTNS.jpg

Are you already a fan of this title? Interested in seeing more Virtua Fighter crossovers? Let us know in the thread below!

Emptyeyes and Myke like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by MadeManG74, Jul 27, 2020.

1. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      I know next to nothing about the Japanese market. So I'm genuinely curious: Are people excited about releases like this? I assume things like this make a fair bit of money, but is it on the level of arcades or home consoles?
    2. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      I'm sure mobile games get more publicity and attention in japan but i feel the mobile game interest and novelty is waning now that the F2P model is on consoles nowdays and get alot of money due to lumping it with popular franchises e.g CoD, fortnite, destiny 2 , DBZXenoverse, etc
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Pretty sure it's the other way around, with consoles struggling more than ever with more people playing games on phones instead.

I don't know if this is a 'big release' in Japan on the level of a major title, but the number of mobile gamers in japan is huge.
    4. Parasite_eveNZ
      Parasite_eveNZ
      Yeah your probably right