1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x Tekken 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

By Myke on Mar 20, 2022 at 5:52 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Announced this weekend during the finals of Virtua Fighter’s Challenge Cup Season 0, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is collaborating with the legendary Bandai Namco fighting game, TEKKEN 7! More details regarding this collaboration will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, enjoy the trailer and some screenshots!

VF5US Collaboration 2.jpg

VF5US Collaboration 1.jpg VF5US Collaboration 3.jpg VF5US Collaboration 4.jpg VF5US Collaboration 5.jpg VF5US Collaboration 6.jpg VF5US Collaboration 7.jpg

nou, joanot, Tha_FeauchA and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

1. dnikoles
      dnikoles
      This is amazing
      VanguardBronze likes this.
    2. akai
      akai
      Looks like the DLC will have the option to change the game's interface to Tekken style.
      VanguardBronze and Chanchai like this.
    3. Mister
      Mister
      Also the music seems from the tekken series
      Chanchai, VanguardBronze and akai like this.
    4. akai
      akai
      Ah, that also contributed to my confusion when I saw the video in mine half-asleep state :zzz:. I thought I was watching Tekken 7 video instead of the DLC for VF5US.
    5. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Is there any indication that this update is going to be more than just a costume pack?

- upgrade netcode
      - fix room network indicators
      - bring tournament mode out of beta

The costumes I'm sure will be pretty cool, but I just want some gameplay upgrades.
    6. akai
      akai
      @ToyDingo I think tomorrow's Roundtable might provide some additional information on the patch update that comes with the DLC pack. A teaser trailer was only shown.
    7. Adam Gibson
      Adam Gibson
      I hope there are regular vf items as well, can't really see myself picking this up if it's just tekken stuff
    8. Mackfactor
      Mackfactor
      Whoa... dragonuv=goh, Sarah=Nina, lei/Shun= Lei wrong maybe...?
      VanguardBronze and Shinobi like this.
    9. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      Customization? Can’t beat ‘em. Join em
      VanguardBronze and Mackfactor like this.
    10. shad
      shad
      A last, Tekken players will have a not obnoxious and well designed Lucky Chloe to play... \o/

Me too.

It's the end of Season 0, others fighting compagnies spoil their customers with awesome updates and news. So i hope Sega will announce much more for the incoming roundtable event : New moves, balance, net code, new characters or a VF6 announce...
      It's now or never.
    11. Dreamboat
      Dreamboat
      was hoping the placeholder UI would be switched out for a real one at some point, but I didn't think they would just take one from another game. bold
    12. masterpo
      masterpo
      :ROTFL::LOL::unsure::(:cry: Well, we already have Tekken style hit sparks in VF5US , why not add Tekken costumes too.:whistle:. Will they also be adding meters and rage art in this DLC :sneaky:

And for the next DLC after this one, instead of adding Tekken style Kangaroos and Panda Bears, can we just insist on keeping things a little more VF. Maybe add a fighting monkey in honor of Eileen, or a fighting Shark in honor of Jeffrey.:cautious:

Aoki and Harada
      Sitting in a tree
      K, i
      S, S
      i, N,
      G
      first came love
      then came marriage
      then comes a VF mixed baby
      in a Tekken baby carriage
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
      beanboy, VanguardBronze and JCnextinc like this.
    13. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      So I paid 2 times for DLC but I will never have all Costume/items and HIT EFFECTS options ?:(
      No improvements of models and faces (Like KOF 14 did )

Just because AOKi and YAKUZA team hates VF legacy and DNA ?
      And want it to change completely ? if it's the case , and they wanted to change VF's DNA it's an INSULT to VF beauty ,authenticity to martial arts.

I miss the era when Harada was fascinated by VF authenticity.
      I don't understand why they don't let Former devs or producers to be in charge of VF rather a new guy who didn't know anything about VF before. :cry::notworthy::cry::cry::cry:
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
      beanboy, VanguardBronze and masterpo like this.
    14. beanboy
      beanboy
      Wow! I saw this today on youtube. I will admit, it was a bit surprising, and kinda fun to watch, but I'm not too excited by it. But it was kinda cool though.
    15. SSfox
      SSfox
      I though it was a mod tbh when i see it on twitter, so it's official.

Personally those kind of stuffs aren't too much things that excite me, even tho i'm Tekken a fan as well, also this kind of things can take away from the autencity of a franchise, i love Tekken for being Tekken, and that's why i hated characters like Akuma and Geese, i like Street Fighter for being Street Fighter, and i like VF for being VF. But again i don't wanna seem like a hater but this stuffs is whatever to me, i think it would have been more fun if it was costumes from all Sega characters, like they actually did in the past (Akira as Ryo for ex)

But maybe they just doing stuffs like this for VF5US because it's not that hard compare to other upgrades and just try to find reasons to add stuffs for the game, those lastest are maybe already in the work and for VF6 maybe?
    16. JSM
      JSM
      Oh god no,,.. is it April Fools' Day already? I was planning on getting all costume packs, but I will skip this one. I'm hoping it works like in FS where if I don't have a costume pack & someone equips it I won't (have to) see it.
      masterpo and JCnextinc like this.
    17. Shag
      Shag
      P
      Aoi/Kazumi or Asuka
      Brad/Claudio
      Blaze/Yoshimitsu
      Eileen/Lucky Chloe
      Lei Fei/ Lei Wulong
      Shun/Leroy
      Pai/Ling
      Lion/Leo
      Jacky/Law
      Jean/Paul
      Jeffrey/Marduk
      Taka/Ganryu
      Vanessa/Katarina or Master Raven
      Wolf/King
    18. JCnextinc
      JCnextinc
      Farting KUMA Panda/ Dural

She could fart Blue Yellow Red and Purple (AOKi Puyo Puyo E sport Style):meh:

Let VF be VF and Tekken Be Tekken..!
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
      masterpo likes this.
    19. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      FINALLY, I can pay to make my game look uglier.