1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x Tekken 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

By Myke on Mar 20, 2022 at 5:52 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Announced this weekend during the finals of Virtua Fighter’s Challenge Cup Season 0, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is collaborating with the legendary Bandai Namco fighting game, TEKKEN 7! More details regarding this collaboration will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, enjoy the trailer and some screenshots!

VF5US Collaboration 2.jpg

VF5US Collaboration 1.jpg VF5US Collaboration 3.jpg VF5US Collaboration 4.jpg VF5US Collaboration 5.jpg VF5US Collaboration 6.jpg VF5US Collaboration 7.jpg

nou, joanot, Tha_FeauchA and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

1. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      We are playing every Saturday online in room, 10 players across all Russia.
      The only a bit delay exists between Moscow (mine location) and Vladivostok (yellow connect).
      Europe is fine.
      Some US players are fine.
      Even done Jap players are playable.
      ALL network problems (delay, lags) happens ONLY b/c the concrete player’s provider issues even in my own town = mostly pockets losses is the cause! This is NOT VF5US netcode fault!
      Most my other T7 friends agreed that VF5US netcode is better for them when they are playing with the same person in both game.
      I am not talking that VF5US is excellent, no, it has issue and need to be improved, but it is not worse than other _3D_ fightings’ netcode (T7, DoA6, SC). 2D fighting games allows rollback _successfully_ b/c of their short executions = they are better in online yes (MK, etc). But again NOT 3D!
      Last edited: May 3, 2022
    2. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      VF5FS was better and smoother.

VF5US buttons feel a bit harder. It became harder to punish, you barely can't duck high and launch anymore, it's almost impossible to whiff punish, staggers now are kinda broken, perfect frame on meaty is not a thing anymore for some characters ...

A lot of wrong or dead inputs (not registred), it became so difficult to play on reaction, the fuzzy to high/throw is strange sometimes, some break throws are not registred sometimes, some successful evades on unsafe moves tend to not guaranty your punish and you get blocked.

Yeah... This online is terrible and random (rng) to me. And players know it, so 80% of them try to play full screen random and mash everytime, they mostly play clowny and disrecptecful on purpose cause this online allows it.

VF5US has better graphics (stages, colorful, and costumes), better musics, better menus, better features...... But for the gameplay and online, VF5FS was superior and more playable.
    3. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It really isn't, it's quantifiable by input lag and other measurable factors.
    4. masterpo
      masterpo
      @Sonic The Fighters

Maybe there's just some difference between PS3 or Xbox Hardware and the PS4 implementation. Maybe the timing issues aren't really an online thing, but more of a PS4, controller/stick thing.

I go back and forth between VF5FS and VF5US offline, and something is different. I'm not quite sure whether Its the video connection, the controller, or some other hardware thing.
      I don't think the code for VF5US has changed much over VF5FS, but something got lost or was added in the translation from PS3 to PS4.

I look for any and every way I can hate on the hit sparks, so in the back of my mind I blame the damn hit sparks for the timing / frame differences:ROTFL:
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    5. RawrCookie
      RawrCookie
      If they just ported VF5FS to new generation platforms with better offline modes, all customization items and rollback netcode it would be better and enough for me. I already said this many times but every time you experience VF5US you just wish that again (at least for me). As for graphics stuff, my taste goes for VF5 vanilla as it's still decent and luxurious after all these years. VF5US got worse facial designs like muppets show and pale dynamic that i can't stand.
      Last edited: May 4, 2022
    6. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Maybe i'm going too hard with the game, and VF will stay my fighting game cause it's too good and i love it so much but...

It's hard to accept that a new version of your game 10 years layer seems to play less good.

I remember playing a great connection on VF5FS 360, and it felt like "OFFLINE" ! It was amazing and you just don't want to stop playing.

I've never experienced this on VF5US, and i think it will never happen.
      RawrCookie and masterpo like this.
    7. masterpo
      masterpo
      M8 we all love the game:holla:

But VF4EVO and VF5 was Virtua Fighter at its best. VF5FS dropped Quest Mode and Tournaments , dropped the Announcer , and dropped Single Player Profiles and Win/Loss statistics. (Sparring Mode was not a true replacement for Quest) and License Mode should have been part of the tutorial. VF5US is an even bigger step down from VF5FS it watered down the 2 Arcade Modes into one very weak arcade mode. It dropped Sparring Mode. It Dropped License Mode. It dropped half of the customization, and it added Tekken Style Hit Sparks.

Not only does it play less good, it is the worst game in the series since Virtua Fighter 4:(

Instead of VF gaining ground after 10 years, it lost ground and has come up short:cry:
    8. akai
      akai
      If you combined the number of players that have tried PS3 or Xbox 360 Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown online together, it is still significantly less than those that have tried Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown on the PS4. That is a fact. So even after 10 years and that VF5FS was a more complete package when released, VF5US has gain ground for the future of the VF series. More so than the PS3 and 360 version of VF5FS.
      masterpo likes this.
    9. masterpo
      masterpo
      @akai I want VF to be successful. I want the community to grow. I also appreciate your positive spin on VF5US.

But c'mon man. It was on PS PLUS for free. There are regular notifications and reminders sent to the PSN community that freebies downloads are available. for PSN members that have PS PLUS. PS4 owners are virtually forced to have PS PLUS if they want to play most multiplayer games and many single player games. People download free sh#t just to download free sh#t.:rolleyes:

If VF5FS was free to play on PS3 and Xbox OMG :eek: with the content VF5FS has compared to the meager content that VF5US has, I'd be willing to bet money VF5FS would have triple the people trying it. First because there would be multiple platforms involved, and second because when VF5FS was initially released it was still relevant in the FGC and we had to Petition and Beg (I know you remember) and plead with Sega to release it. if VF5FS was Free to Play for anyone who had XBL or PSN for 60 days. C'mon man , VF5FS tries would've smashed VF5US tries..

Let's be honest about VF. There was never any question about how well a new version of VF would be received. It was clear from the petition for VF5FS how much folks outside of Japan love the game. That love has never went away. Sega did not need to hide behind the 60th anniversary and a Free2Play model to determine the interest in VF. They were able to gauge interest by how many people played the mini-games in Yakuza and Judgment.:meh:

This latest maneuver with the VF series is not about gauging interest in the series , its trying to test the waters for something else. I know you are a smart guy and you can figure out whats really going on:ROTFL:

I really hope we do get a new VF, but I am pessimistic about what shape it will take. I'm hoping (perhaps against all hope) that it will distinguish itself in the tradition of Virtua Fighter series and be represent the VF we all know and love.
    10. akai
      akai
      The most important word there is "IF". It was not free on PS3/Xbox 360. The End. You are more than welcome to talk in hypotheticals and what not, but you have increasingly state more false statements based on hypotheticals. Why take time to write long passages repeating the same thing over and over when you can be enjoying with what you already have (unless of course you really enjoy repeating yourself)!

P.S. I preferred the old la la land MasterPo over the politician MasterPo. :D
    11. masterpo
      masterpo
      @akai :ROTFL:

I think you are the one who compared the number of players who tried a free version of VF versus the number of people who tried a version that was not free right;)

Unless you have hard sales numbers didn't you just start your post off with
      a hypothetical:LOL:

And of course I repeat myself, when I'm asked the same question , or attacked on the same topic, or criticized about the same position. Some would call that being consistent.

And I think others have repeated the "we need rollback netcode" position
      ad nauseum, over and over again. I suspect there is enough repetition to go around:X3:

Granted my repetition tends to be more verbose, but that's more a function of wanting to err on the side of clarification and thoroughness;)

I usually don't post about governments, laws, politicians, voting, government policy, or who should or should not be in office. So I don't understand your reference to politician:confused:
    12. akai
      akai
      Yes, congratulations. You can read correctly. The comparison was made to refute your claim that VF5US loss ground for VF.

Reread what you quoted me. You failed to read correctly this time. Turn on your PS3, 360, and PS4 versions of VF5FS and VF5US. The numbers that played online is public knowledge.

You repeat yourself more so than anyone on the forums currently. That is a fact simply by looking on VFDC. You repeat yourself more so without people asking you the same question, or attacking you on the same topic, or criticizing you on the same topic. A good portion of the time when people are asking you the same question, attacking you on the same topic, or criticizing you is because YOU are repeatedly starting the same/similar topic.

You take some tidbit of facts slanting it or altering the information to make your position on a topic seem more attractive. That is what politician Masterpo does. I am critical of you since we have actually met in person. I think you are better than this, but maybe I am wrong.
      Last edited: May 5, 2022
      Shinobi and masterpo like this.
    13. masterpo
      masterpo
      I understand. no offense taken m8.
      akai likes this.
    14. RawrCookie
      RawrCookie
      I will vote for the politician @masterpo as VF progressive candidate who face the backward traditionally corporates mistakes *SEGA* :p

I appreciate his effort into typing voraciously always to be honest, which proves he really cares about VF and want it to be the best. Even if he repeate himself; he won't be worse than SEGA who repeate mistakes and even make it bigger every new VF release and the ones who praise it no matter what :rolleyes:
      SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
    15. SSfox
      SSfox
      [​IMG]

I think you played just a bit of T7 and was unlcky to find only ugly matches, or it was before Season 4, cause i can't see how somebody can find VF5US netcode better than T7.
    16. SDS_Overfiend1
      SDS_Overfiend1
      Told this to Chief Flash on his stream he dismissed me like I was bullshittin’ some moves feel different and don’t connect the same.
    17. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Chief Flash is a cool dude, one of the coolest in the VF community.

But some people don't have time for little drama or just don't care about negativ things, and mostly if it's their favorite game until they have solid proofs...

VF5US needs a very deep analysis about its online/netcode, about its input lag, and about a comparison with the VF5FS version.

Nobody did it yet.
      SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
    18. akai
      akai
      For close to a year, I play VF5US weekly Sunday on PS4. On the weekdays, I play VF5FS on the PS3/360. I sometime makes notes of gameplay on VF5US, then tested them out on the PS3/360.

Every time I make comparisons between the two, they play the exact same gameplay wise for me. Even the Lei Fei bug that I was made aware of on the VF5US version was also in the PS3 version. I did not check the Lei Fei bug on 360. I have spoken to some players that commented they feel some slight difference to offline gameplay between the different versions.

Currently, I have the PS4 on Friday nights, so that I can actually make a more direct comparison between PS3 VF5FS and PS4 VF5US (same TV and controller). If you list the exact situations in which you feel is different between VF5FS and VF5US, I will be more than happy to test them out. This is for offline gameplay and not online gameplay. I can even separate this discussion into its own new thread.

Online gameplay, I think we can all agree - where you live and depending on the individual the experience is different (for better or for worse).
    19. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      I would like to see a video on YouTube of a "professional" test and deep analysis of VF5US (just like Digital Foundry for example), and a strict comparison between VF5US PS4/PS4Pro/PS5 but also a comparison with VF5FS 360, in every parts of the game (online/netcode, input lag, framerate test, gameplay in every situations...).
    20. akai
      akai
      I can't do every situation and I don't have all the systems. I already have trouble staying up-to-date with other things I want to do with VF :). If you give me the very specific situations that you feel gameplay wise is different I can test them out (within what I actually have). Better yet, share the exact situations from your own research. The community is only as strong when everyone constructively contributes.