1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x Tekken 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

By Myke on Mar 20, 2022 at 5:52 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Announced this weekend during the finals of Virtua Fighter’s Challenge Cup Season 0, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is collaborating with the legendary Bandai Namco fighting game, TEKKEN 7! More details regarding this collaboration will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, enjoy the trailer and some screenshots!

VF5US Collaboration 2.jpg

VF5US Collaboration 1.jpg VF5US Collaboration 3.jpg VF5US Collaboration 4.jpg VF5US Collaboration 5.jpg VF5US Collaboration 6.jpg VF5US Collaboration 7.jpg

nou, joanot, Tha_FeauchA and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      I have listed above what felt "different" or harder than VF5FS 360, and it might be just online (?)... But i'm also curious to know if it's online only, because nobody really did a true comparison on YouTube with all the versions and with all the software/hardware to check/measure all of that.
      Last edited: May 9, 2022
    2. akai
      akai
      What you wrote earlier in the thread: "VF5US buttons feel a bit harder. It became harder to punish, you barely can't duck high and launch anymore, it's almost impossible to whiff punish, staggers now are kinda broken, perfect frame on meaty is not a thing anymore for some characters ..."

From my experience, I don't notice these differences. That is why exact details on what was done (with what specific characters, moves, frame situation, etc) and what happened will make the test comparisons between each version and between different players testing it out more credible/constructive. It does not even need to be on YouTube, it only helps with the discussion if needed.

Do you still have both the 360 VF5FS & PS4 VF5US? List exactly everything done and we can compare and contrast. My 360 is hooked to a different TV than the PS3, but I can move the PS4 to whichever game system version you wish to compare. Though I will have to use another arcade stick for the 360.

It sounds like the issues you listed is based on online only experience? I might have misunderstood you, when you wrote "gameplay and online." I interpreted what you wrote that there are online differences (which we already know there is and even Sega mentioned that they tweaked the netcode) and that there are gameplay differences (independent of whether it was online or offline).
      Sonic The Fighters likes this.
    3. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      Yes, i still have VF5FS on 360, maybe i will try to test things on both versions one day lol.

I'm just saying that it seems like VF5FS felt/played better online, and maybe this game had less input lag than VF5US as well.

I hoped we could get a comparison video like we can see for a lot of franchises on YouTube. Then it would be clear to know what version runs the best, which online/netcode is better...

Not later than last week, i was on HSA stream... He got a fake CH by the opponnent, and he was like "But i have immediately pressed !!! ??? Huuuuuuu ? ..." Then he was instant no care about it. LOL ! Because he knows ! Just like all of us that the VF5US online/netcode is bad.
      Last edited: May 9, 2022
    4. akai
      akai
      Well, IF you do test things out, let me know :).

As for VF5US online/netcode being bad...to each their own! What you consider is bad netcode, I am enjoying playing online with those that I have good connection to.
    5. masterpo
      masterpo
      :ROTFL:
    6. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      Not "all".
      Dude, who gave you the right to speak for everyone.

Interesting to know your decision about netcode/online play VF5FS vs VF5US?
      For better experiment:
      - both PSN, or at least X360 vs PS4
      - the same network conditions (torrents, traffic, etc)
      - the same several online opponents.

Hope to see your results. Thanks
      beanboy likes this.
    7. Sonic The Fighters
      Sonic The Fighters
      This online/netcode is trash.

3 times in a row you can get an evade, instead of 2P+K, with the same players (same area with good connections) that you usually play for months/years.
      RawrCookie and SSfox like this.
    8. nou
      nou
      Netcode is still cool when it works. For me it was more often than not. I'm on wired PS4 Pro. From what I remember of the 360 it was coo', but that's ten years ago. I'd put'em about the same?

The online mode itself is leagues better than FS, though.

Hope this pack comes out soon!
    9. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      Virtua Fighter has always been ahead of its time and reached milestones that no other fighting game has. I very much hope they keep it up in VF6!
    10. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      Here's my verdict about VF5US:

I personally admit that the Netcore was trash, and I barely even played online because of that.

The customization items in VF5US are only the tip of the iceberg compared to VF5FS's.

The gameplay was practically the same as VF5FS's.

In short, the game isn't all that special compared to VF5FS.

But everyone has to understand. Aoki and his development team had only a single year to make the game! The game is not too impressive because they didn't have time to make it impressive. If they had all the time in the world, the game would probably have been amazing; but they didn't have that much time due to COVID. I guarantee that the game would have been much better if COVID hadn't struck.
    11. masterpo
      masterpo
      @Solomon Rayland

1) The PS3 has very different hardware than the PS4. Even if the C/C++ netcode for the PS3 and PS4 were primarily the same, the fact that the hardware is fundamentally different would have an impact. Also the Operating System on the PS3 is different than the Operating system on the PS4. This could also cause changes in both the netcode and how hardware reacts to inputs. Because the PS3/PS4 have different OS code and different hardware, it is extreeeemly unlikely that execution and netcode would be identical.

2) VF5US has better and more online features than VF5FS.

3) VF5FS has better and more offline features than VF5US

4) VF5US only catered to the online e-sports crowd. There was absolutely no
      consideration
      given to offline play, or single player

5) The addition of hit sparks defaced and degrades the Virtua Fighter presentation
      philosophy. The addition of red, yellow , blue, and purple hit indicators as an on screen impromptu tutorial does not help noobs, or casuals. It only serves as a crutch and cheat for e-sports hopefuls.

The fact that VF5US gave no consideration to offline VS modes, or single player modes and had absolutely no significant content for single player is the primary reason why the online mode player count is anemic and consists for the most part of the same handful of loyal fans that have been playing the game for the last decade or so:cool:

@Solomon Rayland
      Aoki had more than a year to deal with the conversion of the VF5FS to current gen. They have been working on it in one form or another since its inclusion into the Yakuza series and the Judgment series. This means that they had at least 4-5 years. I think the version of the game VF5US with its new online features and e-sports focus is the complete game Aoki and RGG wanted to make.:whistle:

According several reports Aoki and RGG already had a complete port of VF5FS in the Yakuza context

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/2021/04/19/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown-unlocker/

Seiji Aoki and RGG could have just given us the complete port of VF5FS (with all customization and offline modes) and the total active player count would be bigger than it is today.:rolleyes:

They deliberately chose the e-sports and online focus and the final version of VF5US that we have today was not limited by only having one year. However it was probably limited by the budget that Sega gave to Aoki . So Aoki took the limited budget that he was given and produced the game that we are now playing with lots of very nice new online features and Tekken style Hit Sparks:meh:

Its not clear how many brand new players actually picked up and continue to play the new VF5US. I know that most of the old players that have been playing the game for over a decade (some for multiple decades) are happy with the new VF5US, and if it had better netcode they would have no complaints.:ROTFL:

But I think the Virtua Fighter x Tekken move is meant to attract and retain brand new players to the game.:unsure:

I guess Aoki and RGG are hoping that adding Tekken Skins to the Tekken Hit sparks in Virtua Fighter will bring more and permanent new players, from the Tekken and Street Fighter communities to pick up Virtua Fighter. Maybe it was too expensive to include Tekken guest characters with Tekken move sets, so the next best thing is to do Virtua Fighter x Tekken with Tekken Skins and a Tekken UI.

From the fact that Aoki and RGG added Tekken style hit sparks to Virtua Fighter, and they are planning to add Tekken 7 Skins, and the option to display a Tekken7 UI in Virtua fighter. It seems that Tekken 7 is the new gold standard for 3D Aracade fighting games:notworthy:
      Last edited: May 20, 2022
    12. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      @masterpo

I understand your feelings about this game. But I have a good feeling that when Virtua Fighter 6 comes out, it will be so much better.
      masterpo likes this.
    13. masterpo
      masterpo
      I truly hope so.(y)

The new online features are absolutely awesome. They are better than what the other 3D arcade fighting games offer. Aoki and RGG get an A+ for the new online features.

But we should have gotten all the customizations from VF5FS for the first costume DLC.

We should get all those customizations before Yakuza DLC, and certainly before Tekken 7 skins DLC:mad:

They could have offered Sparring Mode and License Mode from VF5FS as DLC if they were hurtin for money.:ROTFL:

I hope VF6 returns to the tradition of the Virtua Fighter series and leads with innovations for 3D arcade fighters and drop all of this Tekken copy cat non sense.

And if its not VF6 but a reboot then they should just bring back

• Underground Tournaments
      • Quest Mode
      • The Announcer
      • Team Battle
      • Trainable AI Sparring Partner
      • License Mode
      • Offline Player Profiles
      • Customizable Arcade Routes
      • Off Switch for Hit Sparks
      • Online Features from VF5US
      • Tournament Mode for (Offline VS and Single Player)

Add a Wing Chun Fighter and a Capoeira Fighter and call it a wrap.;)
    14. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      That sounds like great ideas @masterpo! VF's developers do have their eyes open to our opinions, so those things just might happen.
    15. akai
      akai

June 1st

Edit:
      - 19 not customizable Tekken 7 outfits, one for each character
      - 20 Tekken 7 BGM
      - Tekken 7 User Interface
      - 2 Tekken 7 titles added to the "Other" section.
      Last edited: May 30, 2022
      Shinobi likes this.
    16. SUGATA
      SUGATA
      The most terrible DLC for VF ever! its a TRASH! Sega. bring back AM2 instead of dumb RGG and its producer.
      Stupid character's associations:
      - Goh = Bryan
      - Jacky = Paul
      - No Dragunov and Marshal at all
      Are you serious?!

The game still does NOT have Save replay w Frame data display feature, no promised many months ago 2nd Team battle mode (counting rounds won).
      Last edited: May 30, 2022
      RobHimself and masterpo like this.
    17. akai
      akai
      English version:

18. shadowmaster
      shadowmaster
      As far as the skins though they are okay I guess. But why did Pai get represented by the Lili skin and not Xiaoyu. They could have made Asuka the Pai skin for me at least since she is the only Tekken character I care about as well but whatever. As far what else they do to the game it don't think it matters. The next real changes to VF will be with VF6 whenever they decide to do anything with it and the positive response of US guarantees that it will happen at some point. I personally don't expect any changes aside from the skins and that is just my thoughts.
    19. SSfox
      SSfox
      Maybe i''m a weirdo, but i don't find this kind of crossover things that excting. It just look like some of those mods.

Or maybe i i would have appreciate it more, if the game was payable .
      gido likes this.
    20. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      I came up with my own idea for a DLC pack, with "The Ultimate Showdown Pack" as a possible title. This may sound ridiculous right now but hear me out.

This pack should bring the following to VF5US:
      • Rollback Netcode.
      • All the costumes, customization items, and game options of Final Showdown.
      • New character costumes, customization items, and game options.
      • Possibly balance patches for characters.
      Feel free to reply in the comments for any other ideas.
      SDS_Overfiend1 and Morikage like this.