1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtua Fighter x Tekken 7

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

By Myke on Mar 20, 2022 at 5:52 AM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Announced this weekend during the finals of Virtua Fighter’s Challenge Cup Season 0, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is collaborating with the legendary Bandai Namco fighting game, TEKKEN 7! More details regarding this collaboration will be revealed soon, but in the meantime, enjoy the trailer and some screenshots!

VF5US Collaboration 2.jpg

VF5US Collaboration 1.jpg VF5US Collaboration 3.jpg VF5US Collaboration 4.jpg VF5US Collaboration 5.jpg VF5US Collaboration 6.jpg VF5US Collaboration 7.jpg

nou, joanot, Tha_FeauchA and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Morikage
      Morikage
      This is terrible. I mean the pairing is completely off.

- Jacky as Paul looks retarded. They should've either make him look like Law regarding the style or even better as Hwoarang since both characters have similar vibe, use lots of legs etc.
      - Pai or Eileen should've been Xiaoyu
      - Goh > Dragunov
      - Brad > Miguel
      - Kage > Yoshimitsu
      - Lei Fei (I don't even...) > Feng!
      - Vanessa would be better as Katarina (more realistic looks than Master Raven)
      - Lau...I don't know, Heihachi seemed obvious but I'd prefer him in a skin of Leroy Smith

If they made this instead of working on bringing back remaining costumes (and missing items for costumes A-D) from Final Showdown then I don't know what the hell they're thinking. As a die hard fan of VF5 (and the person who likes Tekken) I'm pissed off that after a year we haven't reached the state of the game with a fully recreated FS content, and Tekken skins are a huge miss in most cases, so I don't know who's their target here.
    2. Mister
      Mister
      Making Brad > Claudio is probably one of the few thing that make sense since both characters are Italian although Bamco at least put an Italian name to their character <_<''

But they could also have put Bryan to him since both use muay thai or even Fahkumram or better STEVE for the stances.

The general feeling is that they made pairing picking from a bowl at random.
    3. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      There's a better than average chance that Namco gave Sega a list of characters to use, and Sega just had to make it work as best they could. That's just a guess though.

Lol, I was kind of hoping Sarah got paired with Hwoarang. But Nina clearly makes sense. Same voice actress as well. Some of the other pairings are...odd (LeiFei as Eddy!?)

But, whatever. They look fine to me.
      Mister likes this.
    4. nou
      nou
      I was hoping Kage would get Master Raven costume considering both are ninjas. Lars is just lol, even in his own game. @ToyDingo Sarah as Hwoarong would've been cool too. I think the one "that made the most sense" was Goh/Bryan.

The T7 overlay looks better than the VF1 overlay. I understand the Lei-Fei/Eddy just because I've seen n00bs, including myself, get flustered with Lei as people do the same with Eddy. Nice touch Sega!

Overall I dig it and will purchase it, even if I'm whatevs about Tekken.

EDIT: Lars as Kage makes so I won't play Kage with Tekken skin. King as El Blaze makes me want to pick him up again, and Vanessa as Master Raven, makes me want to play Vanessa. 2/3 Sega, not bad, haha.
      Last edited: May 30, 2022
    5. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      The specific reason I made that post is that Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown's developers have their eyes open to whatever we say, and just speaking about our ideas for this game just might make them a reality (I said something like this in one of the posts I wrote as a reply to @masterpo). Speaking about these ideas together will give the developers a clear message! Let us share our ideas and make them a reality!
    6. masterpo
      masterpo
      Why play a fake Tekken 7:confused:. When I'm in a Tekken mood, I would just play the real Tekken 7.

I won't buy this DLC. I also won't play anyone who has it equipped online., I won't watch any streams where VF is depicted as a poorly made cheap knock off of Tekken 7.:cautious:

Its been very difficult for me to even stomach the hit sparks online, but now these awlful Tekken skins too:(. Its all just unbelievably sad:notworthy:

This is a dark day in the history of VF:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I would have never believed that Sega would have gotten this desperateo_O To go from world class 3D arcade fighter to a sorry Tekken 7 wannabe(n) if the next VF continues in this direction I will definitely consider VF5 the definitive version of the Virtua Fighter and I will only ever play from VF5FS back to VF4. I guess Sega doesn't want my money any more:whistle: WTF is Seiji Aoki and RGG thinking:mad:
      Morikage likes this.
    7. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      Jesus dude, calm down.
      Myke, WolfKing, GreatDeceiver and 3 others like this.
    8. gido
      gido
      I probably could make these same exact cosplay costumes through customizations in VF5FS..:meh:
      masterpo and MadeManG74 like this.
    9. nou
      nou
      You couldn't since these items weren't in any version of VF5 (or VF4).
    10. GreatDeceiver
      GreatDeceiver
      Take a deep breath, man. It's ok.
      Mister and WolfKing like this.
    11. gido
      gido
      Oh ok then I'd probably make it better ;)

Seriously though, if anyone is ecstatic for this collab then more power to you. Personally it doesn't effect me in anyway as I never needed Tekken costumes for me to play VF..

I've seen people saying "wait there's Tekken costumes in the game!!?, I gotta play it now!! :LOL:"

But that's not technically a good thing?..Why did it take you to pick up VF again just because there's new DLC Tekken costumes? doesnt that just seem weird?
      masterpo likes this.
    12. ToyDingo
      ToyDingo
      Why does that matter? If it gets more people to play the game and doesn't actually effect the gameplay in any way, then who cares?

I wish Sega would do more for the game, but this isn't a AAA release. It's an update to a 15 year old game. Literally any reason for someone to pick it up and play again is a good thing.
      Shinobi likes this.
    13. masterpo
      masterpo
      Exactly. But its okay to play the game casually, or once in a while. As a Tekken player its okay to play VF when you want to take a break from Tekken. But for so-called-true-VF-fans to get exhilarated because they can now dress up like Tekken characters, and listen to Tekken music, and see their round count on a Tekken-styled UI, I think somebody is in deep denial about their real motives for playing VF.

I play Tekken and when I see some of these Virtua Fighter x Tekken skins.

The Shun-di as Lei Wulong is hideous. Its not even a classical Lei Wulong skin. Lion's Lee Chaolan is very poorly done., Is that supposed to be his classic purple hair? why not use the silver hair? The Asuka look is poor and barely representative. The Lars skin is very shabby looking. Not only did RGG pair many of the skins with the wrong characters or picked the wrong skins for the wrong characters, most of the skins they used are not the Tekken iconic skins for those characters. And many of the skins are so poorly done that they don't really look like their Tekken counterpart. How can real VF fans or real Tekken fans get excited over this !@#$.
      SUGATA and gido like this.
    14. break
      break
      You know...was pushing for "Project Cross Zone" DLC and will take this.
      Really nice collaboration and hope we get more this year !
    15. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      VF5US wasn't created to make money. I mean the dlc packs might have been, but the game was made as an effort to keep the franchise alive. As I mentioned in my thread "Annoying Virtua Fighter Myths", Virtua Figther didn't get the respect it deserved until very recently when VF5US was made. Even though this game might be a bit mediocre compared to most other Virtua Fighter games, it isn't exactly Darkstalkers Ressurection. And the developers succeeded their goal to keep the franchise alive.
    16. MadeManG74
      MadeManG74
      It was made to make money, but was likely made through exclusivity contracts etc since it was on PSN Plus. Also a potential test bed for future games, but they obviously had little faith in the series to rush it so quickly.

Virtua Fighter definitely got the respect it deserved before this release IMO, you forget how big VF1, 2 and 3 were in arcades and VF4 was a huge seller on PS2 as well. It hasn't been as big as Tekken in terms of popularity but it wasn't a maligned series.
    17. Solomon Rayland
      Solomon Rayland
      It may have gotten the respect it deserved in earlier days, but ever since the PS4 was released, VF was slowly being forgotten.

It was mostly made to revive the franchise. Probably not entirely for that purpose, but mostly for it.
    18. nou
      nou
      Even though I was grateful for the Tekken DLC contest, I wasn’t feeling it. Fired it up again and the music is really something. Namco was always ridiculous, but it’s still good to be taken aback.

costumes are 50/50 for m.