1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtuafighter gatherings.......

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Shundi_05, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

Yes please confirm if we are going to the arcade or someone's home. Kinda defeats the purpose for having a PS2 with VF4 if we are going to the arcade. I'll see what I can do here.

I've just loaned my PS2 to Eric for exploration and practise. Since my return from WA, my VF skills seemed to have retro-evolved to primitive forms. On the other hand, my topo skills, canoeing and mountain biking skills have improved. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Well-Known Member

To all,
    It's some1's PS2 we r going 2 play on not in any arcade. So the only money we r going 2 spend on is maybe food n journey.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

ya... actually i wouldn't mind spending on arcades but.... all the arcades generally sux. either 1 machine(good condition) or 2 lousy machines or 1 good 1 bad. if we are going to play on 1 machine in the arcades might as well play on home ps2? or maybe we could have 2 tvs 2 ps2! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Genie47

OK where? It is strange the discussion has gone on for so long there is no mention of a location and time.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

becos!!!!!!!!!! this thread is started by our very old man shundi!!! He replies damn slow...

6. Genie47

Hmm... it is indeed strange. He must be busy. Speaking of elderly, the Perth elderly are strange. I was staying at this backpacker place on Cottesloe beach. Every cold morning, the elderly come to the beach to swim for 15-20 min in the Indian Ocean. Damn, the air was so cold and you can imagine the water. Can be a good way of sobering up /versus/images/icons/smile.gif especially for Shundi.

I can open up my place but someone's got to bring the PS2 and VF4 over. I don't have it with me for the time being.

7. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

my one abit troublesome lor even though can walk to ur house. cos mine is modified and the 2nd memory card slot is occupied by action replay not sure if i can take it out after loading a game(never tried).

i stayed in perth for a bit for visiting my auntie quite a few times. Never go beach in the morning before cos everytime wake up at 10am+ lol...

8. king

king Member

go to woodlands someone house right?

now?
    date and time!

9. 22222

22222 Active Member

err....yah so pls confirm loh..todae went to orchard pt...yah realli got vf there...wah lau..the arcade...didnt notice it when i always go there..hahahh thks fer telling me . aniwae i am kinda new at vf. hey so where we going:? Can i go too if going to someelse house?

10. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

not now lar.. it's on sat. shundi will post what time/where. HOPEFULLY! if he doesn't go into his ultimate sleep stance

11. king

king Member

i first timer.

12. Shundi_05

Shundi_05 Well-Known Member

Okei! To all out there.

Time : 4pm till 9pm.
    Meeting place : 3.30 at Ang Mo Kio MRT control station. My waiting time is 15 minutes and no more.

I think 5 hours should be enough for some hardcore VF. Will try to get Danny to bring his PS2 so that we can have 2 Vesus City for the day. Plus I need you all to bring your sticks (those who have) cos I only got 1 Namco stick.

Details about my room : /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    No aircon, 1 ceiling fan plus 2 standing fans.

Now my headcount :

Danny13
    Buyaodawo81
    Rulakir
    Morpheus
    Genie47
    King
    Shundi_05

Pls PM me your phone number by Friday (latest) so I can contact you all. The meeting place is at Ang Mo Kio MRT control station and time 3.30 to 3.45pm. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

hmm u got namco stick? thought u got a hori one? u bought another stick har?

14. 22222

22222 Active Member

hey anione has any idea whether now is a gd time to buy ps2 or not?? generally how much does it cost ? i mean with proper stuff lah no need the best surrdong sound and stuff like that. pls dun use ps lingo okie...yah and whether is it better to get x-box or dreamcast or...u noe.....pls give me ur opinions pls...

15. Shundi_05

Ops.........

I too old liao. Actually I mean to say the Hori one. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/frown.gif Going to miss the gathering... you all enjoy !!! Don't tear down Shundi_05's room. haaa haaa haaa

SG-Lion

17. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

i just remembered something... ur room so small can fit in so many pple meh? or we using ur extra large tv on the living room?! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. Shundi_05

Do not worry cos I re-organise my room liao. Should be enough for 10 person. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif /versus/images/icons/frown.gif /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

19. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

actually anyone wanna head to amk funland first or something? cos we going to shundi's house rather late(3.45pm). maybe can play abit there first then go ? or any other suggestions? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I need to find something to do!!!!!!

20. proto

proto Member

controls are good at Marina, those who play are mostly beginners. A guy actually played 20 over rounds against my Jacky @ 1.30 am in the morning (Not that I am good, just lucky)