1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual Fighter= Tekken?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello. I just recently found this site. I had thought that there weren't any Virtua Fighter sites. Every time I did a search for one I got Virtual Air Fighting simulations or just some random game site. Finally found a link to this site though. Nice to know people other then me play VF3. I just downloaded the gameplay movies, and I was wondering....

Is Virtua Fighter 4 going to copy Tekken? I don't mean to offend anyone, but the game looks a lot more like a Tekken/Virtua Fighter 2 combination then Virtua Fighter 3. It has, at least so far, completely 2D movement, and no up and down terrain. It also looks too "flashy". Watching the movies, I was half expecting the balls of light indicating a hit in Tekken to start flashing.

Not that I dislike Tekken, in fact with the complete lack of VF players in my area, it's the only game I play, but I always liked Virtua Fighters style of play better, and now it looks like they're going to drop that in favor of a simpler and less complex system. The complete lack of 3D terrain disturbs me. I always really liked that about VF3, and now it looks like they're dropping it.

The characters also look a bit too stylized.... Don't get me wrong, I think some of them look fabulous, particularly Aoi, but some, like Lion and Jacky, look like comic book characters. I really like the way they did Jacky in Virtua Fighter 3, a leather jacket and jeans is good. Now what's he wearing? Latex?

Still, I'm probably worrying too much.... Hopefully VF4 will be as good as it's predecessors.... And they'll get rid of the Lion and Jacky outfits. Anyway, like I said, it's nice to have found other people interested in this series of games.

2. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

you're jumping to conclusions way to fast.

first of all, there was nothing "flashy" shown in the movies, they actually used old moves (new one for aoi tho), and theres nothing wrong with flashyness, i also wanna see some cool looking moves in vf4. I dont understand the vf2 and tekken comparision stuff you were talking about.

"and now it looks like they're going to drop that in favor of a simpler and less complex system"

again, you're jumping to conclusions to fast, noone knows how's the gameplay gonna be like.

also, jacky looks that way cause i guess the harware is powerful enought to......ah never mind, forgot what i was gonna say.

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I agree with u pic.
    TOTALLY

SEE MY POINT ABT COMING OUTTA THE WOODWORK, SAYING THIS N THAT WHEN THE GAME IS NOT OUT YET!!!!!!

It's gonna get worse once the game is out.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I don't think that VF4 looks like a VF2/tekken mix . The combos seem a little fast(VF-Kidsstyle), but it's only illusion because of the film-cuts. Also you don't see bolts and lightning effects on impact. Rings could get way more complex then on the dailyradar movies(break trough walls....). VF will always be diffrent then Tekken. Yu' s dediction towards more realistic fighting then tekken is obvious and there will be also "only" two new unique characters with actual fighting styles like the monk's Rakan-ken fighting style. tekken 4 will certainly have more then two new characters including strange creatures .
    VF should never be compared with tekken also in terms of gameplay and gameplayconponents. I also want to make you remember who difined this 3D fighting Paradigma and a lot of it's unique components......

cya

5. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Where are you from Ben.

6. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

It really is way too early to say anything about the gameplay just yet, but I do think the graphics look a bit wierd, anyway it's too early for that to.

Benjamin the reason why you couldn't find anything on VF3 is probably because you typed virtuaL fighter. There's no 'L' anyway no probs.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Allright, I downloaded the second movie from Daily Radar, and I must say my fears have been greatly assuaged. It looks way better then the first movie, a lot cleaner and more like the Virtual Fighter I know. I still really despise Lion and Jackys outfits, though. Everyone else gets respectable attire, why not them? It's like looking at the movie versions of Batman and Robin. Right down to the abs. Also, the backgrounds look like they're pretty much finished.... And none of them have 3D terrain. Did Yu just decide to drop that feature? I'm pretty sure all of the walls will just be knocked down so you can get a ring out, though.

I'm from the USA, by the way... I live in New Mexico, but am currently getting ready to move to California.

8. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

read the prince's post.
    no 'L' in virtua fighter.