1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual On thread: videos, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'General' started by neoKEN, May 11, 2011.

1. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Since the game is already out, I decided to start a new thread for videos, discussion, or whatever:

Here is a tournament that happen a few weeks ago:

4/29/11 Tournament
    semi-finals

3rd-4th

grand finals

2. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

neoKEN (white/sky blue)vs japanese player (red/blue). BULLET HELL!

This Bal-bados mirror match probably looks WTF AND RANDOM. It's not. I originally thought this matchup was random, but it ends up being the most aggressive mirror in the game since both players can flood their opponent with attacks (beams, mines, lasers, whatever!).

Notes:
    In round 2 & 3, the opponent tried to trap me instead a giant green laser pyramid and failed. If caught, it is almost certain death since he can attack while my attacks would be trapped inside the pyramid.
    Start of round 3, I nailed my opponent with a prediction beam laser. The slowest, weakest, simply the worst laser in the entire game. Hitting someone with it, priceless [​IMG]

3. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

cypher vs temjin. Both players with very aggressive style.

4. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Amazing stuff.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for linking these. I enjoy the fights. The music rocks. Hate the high-pitched jumping noise "SHRREEEEEEEEEEEE!"

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Love the fights keep them coming. It would take me quite a while to get my movement in VO anywhere close to these cats. Impressive.

7. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Wow. Some great matches. Reminded me why i always hated Bal-bados. Wish VOOT had splitscreen multiplayer [​IMG]

8. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

I also wish VOOT 360 also had splitscreen multiplayer [​IMG]

My main is Bal-bados. I choose him because he is hard to master. I can understand why someone might hate Bal-bados if they are not use to fighting against him. With experience, dodging his attacks is not that hard since they all have patterns while plenty of opportunities to do damage on Bal-bados that favors you. Bal-bados is hands down the hardest character in the game to use effectively. Most VR, they do 1 move within a few frames that does good damage. Bal-bados does 3-5 moves in a row over a long period of time and does weak damage. His ground speed is slow for a medium size character and his ability to create an offense is nonexistent. Other VRs, they can do okay with a few moves while Bal-bados has to use different 89080980890 attacks! I can go on and on, but I think you get my point. A good Bal-bados user can set up long term strategies such as setting up traps and forcing the opponent to move a certain way (without them knowing [​IMG] ).

Lecter5656 (bal-bados) vs fei-yen

This matchup is 3:7 for Bal-bados. Round 2, you can see how easily fei-yen dodge it all while Bal-bados is unable to do anything. This is also the worst stage for Bal-bados since it is mostly open. Bal-bados depends a lot on barriers to hide behind inorder to safely do certain moves.

9. Supid

Supid Well-Known Member

First time I saw 10/80 in action ...

Ouch, watching these videos is so painful because I am much more of a diehard VO fan than I ever was at VF. I do not own an X360 so I am only left with VOOM PC. Tongfer-sliding is a poor substitute for dash-CC.

Oddly, my primary characters in VF / VO mirror each other ...
    - Cocky (Jacky / Apharmd - Apharmd Battler)
    - Pigtails (Pai / Fei-Yen - Fei-Yen Kn)
    - Ninja (Kage / Viper II - Cypher)

I miss dash-CC so much, especially with Apharmd Battler. I still hold dear fond memories of some of my dash CC successes / kills, especially when it was executed by reflex (glimpse the target in range and automatically slice) instead of planned (where one gambles that the opponent will move in a direction and try to intercept with a slice). It was also extremely ego-puffing when I heard my victims cry out in surprised dismay at the shock of being cut down [​IMG]

10. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

11. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

SoR2 music! THAT'S AWESOME!!

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Neoken damn dude you're everywhere lol. Thanks for the games the other night it was a big eye opener.

Hey guys i've also started posting VOOT gameplay commentary on my channel i'd love to know what you guys think on how i could improve at the game.

13. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

No problem. Next time we play, I can give you suggestions during a match. It is easier that way. As for your video, I would suggest to not use Live Monitor view anymore. The camera goes all over the place, and it is difficult to see the smaller details such as precise character movement and moves.

14. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

japanese player (apharmd B) vs neoKEN (bal-bados) : Shrimp combo with death sauce!

The infamous and deadly bal-bados dashing melee shrimp combo. Often a bad idea to challenge apharmd B in close combat especially expert battlers, but in this match it paid off and I was rewarded with ~87% DAMAGE!

15. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I dno what the fuck I just watched but it looked pretty cool.

16. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

MentholMoose (grys-vok)[POV] vs neoKEN (bal-bados)

This is one of my more proud moments. My slow character versus someone that has 9999 missles onscreen, all of which are incredibly fast which limits me from launching my own offense. This is my most difficult matchups and I never beaten him in 2+ years. So my choice in music was something "epic."

raiden vs Okamochi Box (angelan) : Supersonic speed!

Round 3: the raiden player manually activates the armor break. He loses around 90% of his health inorder to gain a significant speed boost, to becoming the fast character in the game.

17. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Shift Hedgehog (temjin) vs neoKEN (cypher) : Air Melee Combo

Highlight is Round 2 and 3 where I combo the air melee. Not my best level of play since I run into so many of temjin's attack, all trying to get close for the 1st melee hit.

Akisame (specineff) vs (apharmd S): Long Range at Close Range

Japanese players using long range fighters at close range.

18. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Wish we had VOOT on PSN. Thanks for the badass videos.

The comments on the videos are greatly appreciated too. Lets us weaker players understand what's going on.

19. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm glad that there are people that comment to show their appreciation. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure to continue posting any further if I thought there was a lack of interest. I'll add even more detail next time =P

It would be nice if it came to PSN, but that is very unlikely to happen. It could had been that VOOT DC use propriety code from MS back in the dreamcast days when they build the VO network in Japan which carried to all the home ports. When considering that VOOT in Japan cost 1$ PER GAME, buying a 360 is more than worth it. You're paying for the level of competition which is, the best of the best. Not only that, online you'll meet good Japanese (and non-Japanese), that will give advice so you can become better. They know by doing so, it helps the community grow which allows them more opponent to fight =P. A 360 and XBL is a cheap investment to get better as well as the satisfaction. Personally, I would easily pay 5x more just for the current experience.

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    neoKEN, what options exist for acquiring twin sticks on the Xbox360 that don't cost a million bucks?

I consider myself an OG when it comes to VOOM and VOOT, when Sydney used to have a very strong scene back in the day. I bought the game when it was released on XBL but quickly became frustrated at the lack of twin sticks. Using the joypad just goes against every grain of my being! I remember practicing dashing CC combos, which I used to do without thinking with twin sticks, for about an hour with the joypad and just gave up in sheer frustration!

Also, I appreciate the vids too, so keep 'em coming!