1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual On thread: videos, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'General' started by neoKEN, May 11, 2011.

1. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

I don't particularly look for the VG remixes. It is mostly luck that I find them. I might be listening to a game song on youtube, then on the far right sides would be suggested videos which are the covers of that song. From there, I check out their channel and various other works. The Devil Crash music is done by Torzelan. The link to his channel is shown in the youtube description of the video, the same for each video I upload. The only time I don't mention the music is when it is publish by large corporations. Rather not take the chance of my channel being taken down for silly copyright issues.

I don't like VOOT music, nor do I play the game with the music on. The music for each video is chosen on what I feel best fits the mood for a particular match. Each character varies enough in duration of attacks and movement, that it is possible to express their particular play style through music. Sometimes, I shift the music to fit with certain key action in a match. I spend more time than I know I need to, but I think it is worth it, and people appreciate the end result.

2. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

neoKEN (angelan) vs Japanese bal-bados : Angel with Spear of Ice!

Versus Japanese Bal player. Ignoring joke characters, I think this is the worst matchup in the entire game. Angelan does little damage and take a lot. She is ideally a long distance (runaway) character, but Bal-bados does long distance better so Angelan is force to play out of her play style and become the aggressor. Round 3, I almost won if I was half a second faster toward the end. Angelan has a combination that involves the ice sprears (stuns) and melee in wing mode. When activating the wings, Angelan loses 50% of her current life (I had almost nothing to begin with), but gain a speed boost for a few seconds and melee that steals life. When I trapped the Bal-bados in ice, I was about to do the life steal melee, but he got out just in time. I got the melee, but not the life steal. Life steal only works when they're on the ground, not in the air! My opponent won with 0.4% life!

cypher vs ZALMAN Party (dordray) : Big Foot

Round 2, big foot. Both Japanese players.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

AJS and I might be getting back into VOOT sometime this year. Considering modding my old Saturn Twinsticks so we can play and kind of rebuild a mini local scene (we know enough people that would play it but need to get sticks) and play online more too ^_^

Just saw a Saturn Twinstick sell on ebay for less than $40 + $38 shipping. That's still under $100 ^_^ I have my twinsticks but putting that out there to see if other people get back on the VOOT wagon.

Seriously, there has never been any game even similar to VOOT except maybe VOOM and VO4, but even then, VOOT is its own unique game and I am missing that magic ^_^

4. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

wow didn't know this thread existed. i haven't played it much in the past few years especially since i took a big break from XBL until FS came out. i'd probably down to mess around online. i remember oratan forums had a player locator map but i havent been on there in years either and cant seem to find it. so i wonder if there are other VO players in SF Bay Area.

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/confessions-of-a-joystick-builder.16156/page-2#post-330547

watching some of the videos here reminds me how much i love this game (and how bad i am).

Chanchai likes this.
  5. Chanchai

Love that display case, cobra! I will let you know if I mod my twinsticks and we should get some games in then! Should be fun!

Bay Area had an awesome player... A Singapore Player even ;) But that was long long ago... in a VF4 era...

cobratron likes this.
  6. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

thanks chanchai let me know

interesting...i always had the hardest time finding people to play on DC system link back in the day. 360 online was a godsend but never really utilized it since Transformers Revenge of the Fallen took most of my time online shortly after VOOT was re-released. VOOT fans or TF fans should definately check out RotF. Its probably my favorite skill-based 3rd person shooter of all time. And its easily better than War for Cybertron or Fall of Cybertron.

Chanchai likes this.
  7. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    dude, ill play this again if we can get a vfdc room going!

Tricky and Chanchai like this.
  8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I still have my copy installed. Be forwarned I'm probably garbage, but it's a damn fun game.

Chanchai likes this.
  9. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

10. Catch22

Chanchai likes this.
  11. Chanchai

I definitely looked at that. What I am planning to do is ask a gamer friend in Japan if he is able to find any and how much exactly he could get it for. This friend got me a pretty awesome niche peripheral (Gametech Bear for PSP Go) so I figure he can probably find me a decently priced VOOT or VO4 stick. Problem is, those things were made for pre-order...

Also, I am SOOOOOO tempted to buy a limited edition VO4 for 360! I'll play VOOT the most, but I so want that limited edition one (though I could care less about changing female robot boob sizes... seriously wtf?!)

12. Catch22

Hey! I care!!! I got the limited edition about a month ago from Play-Asia, the still got them... got the regular and the limited set with the artbook and what not.

Tricky and Chanchai like this.
  13. Chanchai

OMG, I might go hit that soon!

14. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

i still got my dreamcast sticks, brand new used it..once, still in box. im thinking of finalyl selling it.

Catch22 and Chanchai like this.
  15. Chanchai

I've got my two dreamcast sticks, my two saturn sticks, my multiple Dreamcasts and copies of VOOT and umm... I'm definitely keeping them :p

Catch22 likes this.
  16. Catch22

Haha guys... hey Sudden Death, if the paper manual and box is in great shape, I'd buy them off you.

And Chan, funny, cause I got 2 Saturn sticks, and bought the one off eBay just for the paper inserts. Don't tell me... you got multiple copies of VOOT to play link-up...

Chanchai likes this.
  17. Chanchai

Yep, and during my college days I had the double setup in my room so friends and I could play a lot of VOOT on Link ^_^ I also brought the full setup to local game conventions and events and what not too ^_^

Catch22 likes this.
  18. Catch22

Zoinks!!!!! Dudes, check this out!

http://www.oratan.com/projects/arcstick.html

[​IMG]

Holy shit, that HSS-0130 (the stick that I need like crack like a junkie) that he bought for the equivalent of $95 now goes for a pretty penny. Man, that set up is frickin' ace.

Chanchai likes this.
  19. Catch22

VOOT-411 Back online!!!!!! Back from the dead.

http://thejstickbuilder.angelfire.com/VOOT_411_Ver_VONET_2012/index.htm

[​IMG]

Just a quick story...LOL...like always. VOOT-411 started on the old Game-411 site me and Travis Poole ran. There were tons of info from the J-Mags I had that were begging to be put up on the web. A Singaporean named Rolander found the site, and contributed more advanced techniques... to Rolander I am truly grateful.

The site was actually catered toward DC pad users, and funny of all funny's, the 360 controller, which obviously "Samsunged" the DC controller and copied it's "trade dress," plays exactly the same for VOOT.

The site then was hosted by James at the now defunct VirtualOn.net. When virtualon.net went down, so did the site.

I poured my heart and soul into the project, and it's sites like these that I used to love about the internet. Fan sites like Madman's Cafe, or UK Resistance, TK's Saturn Page. Guys who put up content for the love... when the internet was like the Wild West. Now, the internet is so commercialized, it's really sad.

BLACKSTAR and Chanchai like this.
  20. Chanchai

Always gotta love Menthol Moose's devotion to VOOT! He's been a North American staple for quite awhile!

Also, loved the VOOT 411 website!