1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Virtual On thread: videos, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'General' started by neoKEN, May 11, 2011.

1. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    ^^^ I really wish that when companies do stuff like this that they just explain why. Was it too costly? Were there international laws preventing it? Etc...

This is just baffling...

Tricky likes this.
  2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I sent a message to MentholMoose suggesting we put pressure on Sega to have a Virtual On setup at Sega Cup ^_^

I would absolutely love VOOT Setups (and a side tourney) there!

Would also be cool to have the, only released in Japan, VO4 and VOOM setups there too!

So what do you guys think?

R_Panda and cobratron like this.
  3. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I could bring a DC link setup but I'm already bringing alot of VF setups and packing all the equipment in the rental for SCR was a challenge. And I would need to look for my DC VGA adapters. I have no idea where I packed them since I moved out my parents 9 years ago. We'll see :confused:

4. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Rank match neoKEN (bal-bados) vs Japanese specineff : Rocket Punch

Round 1 : Rocket Punch finish :D

A rank match against a very strong Japanese specineff player. He is a finalist in one of Japanese tournaments. In the 1st AND 3rd round, he tried to finish me off in style, but missed and lost. A lucky victory, and even luckier to land the noncancelled Rocket Punch. Toward the end of round 1, I think he was expecting me to do a melee attack so he did the purple spinning wisp move. I thought, I lost round 1 anyways so I tried my luck with a rocket punch. The Rocket Punch is a melee attack but has a projectile property that travels a long distant! If I did I any other melee, I would had gotten hit.

5. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

I bought Virtual On Operation Moongate and Virtua Striker without needing to buy Japanese money card. On Xbox 360, buy points from your region then switch your Xbox Live region to Japan. More information here http://www.oratan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1423.

The public lobby in in VOOM is better than VOOT, but the Xbox Live Party lobby in VOOT remains better. In VOOT, a party lobby can have multiple games going at once, 4 max, without needing to wait for your turn.

Chanchai likes this.
  6. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    just got the PSN version of VO, spent hours tonight playing a friend in the same room using netplay as if it were a LAN mode :)

do feel free to add me on psn or PM me if anyone would like to play. assuming I can find my way around the menu's without the aid of my japanese reading homie.....

7. Zaarock

Zaarock Member

PSN:
    xaerock_RVR42
    XBL:
    Zaarock
    Wow, didn't expect a thread like this to be so active. Thanks for neoken for starting it and work with the VO community in general :)

Just wanted to say that I've played VOOT online regularly(4 years now) and am starting to get into VF and other fighting games a fair bit recently but am still interested in trying to help get more people into the virtual-on series. I play a fairly high level Cypher(have matches with top japanese players often and neoken of course). The online scene is still active in japan but has gotten less so in the west recently. There are also many japanese players who can speak english and give advice, especially on advanced techniques. The tournaments every month or so are still a great watch.

Personally I'm pretty disappointed about how the community outside japan took in Virtual-On: Force, most seemed to disregard it due to slightly slower gameplay and some simplication in mechanics and not really play it seriously as a 2v2 game. I think it's a great game that shouldn't be compared to VOOT much because it's fundementally different in being a team game, but possibly just as complex in the end. Importing isn't cheap of course though. Surprisingly in japan the scene for VO4 seems to be about as big as or even bigger than VOOT at the moment.

Would be great if a new game came out but I highly doubt it. Having played just a single character in VOOT for years I don't really mind though.

If anyone wants to have some matches or get advice in any of the games feel free to add me on XBL

8. Chanchai

From Sega Cup 2013 (USA)!

[​IMG]
    Myke (VFDC) + Mentholmoose (Oratan) = A true Sega Cup moment!

[​IMG]
    Mentholmoose + Chanchai = Westside!!!

Pai~Chun likes this.
  9. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

http://godsgarden.jp/

Thanks to Men Doru for telling me about the huge upcoming tournament for all the VO games. God's Garden is a famous competitive advent with the top players in Japan.

7/25 24:00 大会エントリー締切り <Tournament entry deadline>

7/27 18:00 OMGトーナメント開始(best4まで) <Virtual On Operation Moongate. Starts until best 4>

20:00 VO4トーナメント開始(best4まで) <Virtual On Force. Starts until best 4>

23:00 OMG/VO4準決勝・決勝 <Operation Moogate / Force semi-final & final>

7/28 19:00 OTトーナメント開始 <Virtual On Oratorio Tangram tournament. Last day>

Live stream will be shown here: http://ja.twitch.tv/godsgarden

Tricky, MarlyJay and Chanchai like this.
  10. Chanchai

Thanks for pointing this one out!

11. Tumbling Dice

Tumbling Dice Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing this! :)

12. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/1...ans-for-20th-anniversary/#okgTy5pYo4TieQxq.99

cobratron, Chanchai and BLACKSTAR like this.
  13. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
  14. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

While still waiting for 6, I'm bumping by bringing back some VOOT love with my feeble skills. DC version with FMV ending for those who've no seen it. Haven't played in a while, and it shows. Or maybe my memory has wrongly remembered that I was better than I really was?

Recently got a game capture 60, so I thought I'd put it to use.

15. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    broken links chanchai! reupload pls?

16. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Okay. I think it's about time, I played this Virtual On game.:)

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  17. beanboy

I finally played it last week. Holy Akira's, this game is cool!
    Just as I expected.:D

18. neoKEN

neoKEN Well-Known Member

Exciting news! Virtual On can now be played with GGPO netcode. GGPO is a near lagless netcode where inputs are not delayed. What it means is online will feel similar to offline play. This version of VO has the best netcode by far. It's playable via Dreamcast emulator Flycast Dojo. Online versus is done through splitscreen mode.

Here is a video in action of Virtual On Online with GGPO . Forgive my rough play. I haven't played for almost a decade lol. Also 1st time using a fighting stick to play.

Match making can be done through Fightcade.com

MarlyJay, nou, Chanchai and 1 other person like this.
  19. beanboy

Cool!

All of a sudden, I'm getting a "youtube has closed the connection," message from the vid.:p

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Chanchai likes this.
  20. Iwazaru

Iwazaru Active Member

So it's dreamcast version, not later Naomi version?

On a side note, i'm glad to see there is well made wiki for VOOT:
    https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Virtual-On_Oratorio_Tangram

Chanchai likes this.