1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VS City Cabs VS Universal/Net City Cabs.

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Junosynth, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Junosynth

Junosynth Well-Known Member

Hey guys me and Tx Lion are thinking of buying some Japanese cabinets for FT and other games and wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Where are the best places to order these from a NA retailer?
    2. Why is the Net/Universal City cabs so much?!
    3. I need to know the difference between Net City/Universal cabinets and VS City cabinets. Is the monitor far more superior on the Net City/Universal ones?
    4. Does anyone know if the VS City cabs allow me to use the Net Card function for VF?
    5. Would it just be better to get the VS City cabs instead of 2 expensive Net/Universal City ones?

Net/Universal City cabs are these
    http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20040706/tk501.jpg

And VS City cabinets are stuck together and look like this.
    http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/machines/cabinets_only/New_Versus_City_711.html

Thanks for anyone that can help me!!

BTW see everyone at EVO! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the Net City cabinets, but I do know that the VS City ones only have mid-res monitors and not VGA one (so you couldn't run FT at it's highest res) -- it is likely that the Net City ones do have VGA monitors becuase since they are much newer.

As for using the cards -- you have to buy the card-readers and control panels (approx $1K when EVO came out -- don't know if they are any cheaper now -- that number is for a pair of contol panels with readers and I/O boards). The panels are standard so it doesn't matter if you buy the Net or VS cabinets.

kbcat -- note: it's been a while since I looked into hardware prices, so they might be quiet different now.

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Hello
    Here is where I bought mine from:
    http://www.arcadeinfinity.com/
    This site is new and not completed yet, so you might want to contact them and have a inventory list sent to you. The two new astro cities that I have purchased from them have no problems to this day. Anyway, goodluck with your ft project. Lemme know when it's up and running, because I would like to come out and play.
    Laters^^
    P.S. Make sure you buy the gdrom version and you have a way to get upgrades. Don't buy the rom version, because you'll get screwed out of any upgrade! Oh by the way, net cities are very expensive as is without shipping. I could only imagine an absurd amount of money to ship that from coinopexprees.com
    To answer your questions:
    #1- http://www.arcadeinfinity.com/
    #2- The net city has three settings for high,medium and low resolution. It has the built in connection for interent access, but don't hold me to that. Plus the setup for space is designed specifically to hold the naomi2 and gd perfectly. With the other cabs you'll have space issues especially if you split the signal between them to play back to back. Plus, it's the newest cabinet on the market.
    #3- Once again with the net city you can switch it to the highest resolution, but with the astro city or vs. city you can't. Only big difference between two astro cities and a vs. city that I can tell is that a vs. city is connected which equals more room for the naomi and has a scoring board on the top, so you can rub it in when you win. Astro city is the way to go to save money.
    #4- Card system sold seperate. Internet connection is not available as of now. There is always tommorow though. Tekken 5 might make that possible for the vf scene.
    #5- Go for the net cities if you have the dough. If your looking for a deal I might be intersted in selling if the $$$ is right. Pm me if your interested.