1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vs CPU mode in VF5US

Discussion in 'General' started by Deafiddler, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Deafiddler

Deafiddler New Member

As we know VF5US lacks all offline modes from previous versions (quest, special sparring and challenges). It sucks, but it's somehow understandable in this phase of VF comeback (maybe we'll get more single player contenst in VF6). One thing that bugs me is that SEGA still hasn't introduced vs AI mode (IIRC modern FGs usually have it), so we can't play against selected CPU controlled opponent as many times as we want without being limited by the randomness of the arcade mode. I haven't seen this feature in streams I watched, so I suppose it's not there? I guess it's should be quite easy to implement.

MarlyJay and beanboy like this.
  2. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
    No vs CPU, just arcade mode.

Arcade mode is not entirely random in the 5 series (hm not sure about 5 vanilla come to think of it): it randomly chooses one of I think three fixed gauntlets of opponents; once you see the first opponent (Goh, Lion, and uh I forget), if you've gone through with them as your first opponent before, the opponents after them will be the same that you went through before.

3. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I have always said, that a feature like that, would be a good thing to include, in a game like VF. Interestingly, Marvel vs Capcom 1 on the dreamcast has that feature, and alot of people didn't even notice it. I discovered it a few years ago, when I started playing dreamcast fighting games again. It helped bring my MvC1 skills back up, especially against certain annoying character teams.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  4. Munk

Munk Member

If you play ranked mode you probably know this already, but while waiting for a match you can make your CPU opponent a level 5 difficulty (whatever that equals to) and use the ”advanced” option settings to make all of their movement random. I find it takes me usually 10-15 minutes to find a game, so you can get a pretty good warm up session while waiting.
    Unfortunately you can only select the CPU character from the main screen, so you’re stuck with whoever you choose until you cancel matchmaking and exit ranked mode.

Granted, it’s not quite what you were after, but it’s 100 times better than the arcade mode for warming up.

5. beanboy

I need muh versus cpu mode. Yee hah!!

Lol!:ROTFL:

6. beanboy

I saw my bro play MKXL on Friday, and it had a vs. Cpu mode. I was like cool!:holla: