1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VS Wolf Problem

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by MystD, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Moves that Wolf does not have which you should use a lot as a Goh player:

- 11 frame /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and therefore an 11-frame /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif counter
    - 14 frame high damage move for counters and punishing failed evade in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    - True, fast, uncounterable, easy elbow in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    - Quick, uncounterable mid-mid in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif
    - Knock down, hit-checkable mid-mid in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    - Safe low attack in /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (use this wisely though)

Also it can be argued that Goh's throw game is very comparable to Wolf's. While Wolf's throws take more damage, Goh has more directions.

Wolf: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif, and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif doesn't take damage unless against a wall)

Goh: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif

So please stop whining. Goh is plenty strong as he is and you need to blame yourself and not the character when you lose.

2. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I had no idea it is impossible to struggle out of staggers and attempting the throw escape.

You're right; low throws are impossible to escape.

Of course, -26 on block is no trade-off!!

Yeah, nothing beats /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. It is the only move top Wolf players use in Japan.

And I agree Wolf's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif belong together in comparison.

I completely understand what you're saying here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif

I KNOW! It isn't like you can fish for counters with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Yeah, staggers are impossible man, and when attached to moves 24 frames or slower make it broken man.

Apparently; in Moscow Russia, Wolf PLAYS YOU!!!

3. katsudon37

katsudon37 Well-Known Member

Maybe you should play Wolf. No, seriously, if you really *believe* he's better than Goh, and you really like the properties of those moves, then you'd probably be better off playing Wolf instead of Goh.

This is regardless of whether Wolf is actually better or not, because to have fun with the game, you have to believe that your character doesn't suck against anyone. It's just too much work going into a match with the defeatist mentality "he's automatically top tier against me".

And yes, people can tell you "no, Goh doesn't suck against Wolf", "to this against Wolf", or "you suck", but again, regardless of whether it is true or not, none of it is very useful unless you truly believe it yourself.

Trust me, I went through this myself with Goh, and I was much happier after I switched characters.

That being said, I have difficulties with Wolf too, so I can sympathise with what you're saying... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. SUGATA

SUGATA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SUGATA_RUS
    Thank you all for answers))
    I think need (for people like me)) to make Topic " Goh vs Wolf", and transfer these posts there...

I love VF. I love Goh. I began to play VF4 Evo because of Goh and his Judo fighting style ( I practised Judo, Karate(Shito-Ryu)in the past) and i was very impressed how authentical(realistic) his style been incarnate in the game).
    And if so many VF-experts say that Goh is OK , balanced, not yield to Wolf, then I believe that! I'll more practise...

P.S. Very large gratitude to Leonard McCoy(and co-authors) for " Goh's blog" -it's very usefull!

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

wolf sucks ballsĀ¬

6. Judah

Judah Well-Known Member

BALLS!!!

7. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

Unless balls some how universally becomes the new name for pussy...Wolf never will suck balls

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I came online and thought "Holy shit! New posts in the Wolf forum!"

What a let down.

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

nah, wolf's a pussy, -- and he sucks balls - /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

(okay im done, lol)

10. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    DAMNIT!