1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VT = MoaT

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Apr 29, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.virtuafighter.com/CrewNYC/vt.html>http://www.virtuafighter.com/CrewNYC/vt.html</A>

please be patient the file can take up to 10-15 min to load on a 28.8, due to the music file.

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha, that's some funny shit!!

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Yo, ish was tight! :)

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

I liked it lots...

funny to see me included in it~~~

TOO BAD I STILL CANNOT GO~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~

<font color=red>~~~SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN~~~'

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I like it, I like it!/versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Kinda makes me feel...INSPIRED!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    Hey, I wanna go to NYC, maybe pull off an upset or two/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif...heh..heh

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

6. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    HEHEH...

Anyone that correctly guesses the movie where we got the music from - gets a NO-PRIZE.

Certian people are disqualified from this contest, of course! ;>

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Bloodsport?

8. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

how in the world did you know? no, really...what did you do to get the answer??? did you installed an audio device in andy's room to hear everything?

we have a spy here!

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

"When you're not training somebody else is training to kick your ass."

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Damn, I knew that music sounded familiar!

10. Chanchai

Well.. way back in the day when Van Damme was popular (he probably thinks he still is)... you could say that it was an elementary/middle school favorite among boys my age at the time?

Had those elements me and my friends liked at the time. Action was decent, cheezy acting, Karate Champ arcade machine, Bolo, and of course: "O.K. USA!!!"

I still have it on video from way back in the days of middle school/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Though it was a cheezy American martial arts flick, it was relatively popular for that genre/versus/images/icons/smile.gif Not to mention how many times I watched it when I was a youngin'

-Chanchai

"You're gonna love us asians, because we're so damn good looking!" (quoted by ugly asian host)
    "What is bet?"
    "O.K. USA!!!!" (had to say it again)

Pop Quiz: What is Van Damme's first film? What role was he (protagonist, antagonist, or ingenue/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)? What was the lame-ass plot to the movie?

11. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Breakin'?
    (protagonist, antagonist, or ingenue/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)
    Such big words! But if ingenue is what I think it is, the answer would probably be "Monaco Forever". Van Damme plays the role of a gay karate guy (or something like that).

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    First thing that comes to my mind was No Retreat, No Surrender.. or one of the sequels.. where he played the badass who could do the splits (which later became his trademark). Something like that.

I seem to recall visions of Bruce Lee in there too..

man.. talk about trippin' down memory lane!

13. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Heh...damn you Chan!! I still watching it immensely, mostly for nostalgiac reasons. Certain choreography is great and the music still kicks ass.

14. Chanchai

DING DING DING!!!

Unless I am mistaken, MYKE IS RIGHT!!!!

Movie: No Retreat, No Surrender (the original)
    Role: Antagonist
    Plot (according to Chanchai): Queery-looking protagonist's father runs a martial arts studio . In a dispute (if I recall, the reason is one of those "easterns ripoff--to prove who has the best school -or- I want to acquire your school" kinda things), the queer's father gets the crap beaten out of him by Van Damme (broke one of his limbs if I recall) rendering him useless as a martial artist (Kickboxer anyone?). Eventually our heroic queer trains himself heavily in martial arts, especially so after his encounter with the ghost of Bruce Lee who trains him extensively (worse than the stand-in who immitated Lee in "Game of Death"). Can our friendly neighborhood queer beat the likes of Van Damme (whom some think is a queer)? And how do they get this chance encounter? And what about his gay-ass friend who thinks he's Michael Jackson? Well.... watch the movie for yourself to get that answer. Actually, watch the movie without retreat or surrender if you can/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

P.S. Yep, Van Damme does the splits on the ropes near the turnbuckle in one near-final action scene.
    Also, is anyone familiar with some pop-musician from Greece who focused most of his music videos (and I assume music) on him being a martial artist? Very gay indeed, kinda had that Van Damme image (splits and all). I think his name was Taquees or something like that? Probably spelled differently but was pronounced like tah-keece (rhymes with peace/piece).