1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VT?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, May 4, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    If anyone is still interested, it turns out that the hotel WILL be availabe for the weekend of May 11-13. I can get three rooms with 2 double beds in each, and the conference room for playing.

So, who can make it? Again, if not many people are coming, there will be NO tournament - just a gathering thingy. Playing VF till the eyes bleed - you know you want to.

Let me know please. So far, I think Ice-9 is the only out-of-towner, and maybe Myke?

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yep. Count me in.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Do you guys always forget that I plan on going? Or do I not count (is it because I'm not serious competition--though I will do as best I can)?

-Chanchai

4. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I trully wasn't 100% sure you were coming, Chan. But now that i know - thats great! ;) Now, we need to get some Chicago and Boston fukkers over here, and anybody else interested in attending. Again, those who haven't, pwease let me know, people!!

5. Chanchai

I am so hoping Shota will show up as well as others. In fact, I wish everyone would show up...

I wish there was access to the types of modified/custom sticks that the Toronto Crew has though... I see that as being a necessity to people who do have troubles with the DC sticks. Only problem is, we don't know who's all planning on coming...

Myke & Toronto Crew, is there a way that the tourney could borrow some of the Toronto sticks for this event and Myke or someone bring them down? I think some people would truly love those things if what I hear about them are true.

-Chanchai

KBCat, early congratulations!!!

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I'm still inspired from the VT promo thing/versus/images/icons/mad.gif. Count me in, too.
    Now if I can find some cheap airline tickets a week out from the 11th/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif.
    Ice-9 is not the only out-of-towner/versus/images/icons/smile.gif. I'm coming in from Florida.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

7. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Priceline people, priceline! 90% chance you will find the price you are looking for!

8. ghostdog

I'll be coming into New York at 6:10pm on the 11th and leaving at 5:19pm on the 14th(a lot later than I had planned). So, what time does this thing start? I hope I'm not too late.

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG</font color=yellow>

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ghostdog on 05/04/01 06:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. Chanchai

Adam: Likely arrival times

Hi Adam, I thought I would initiate this on the forum, but I'll update you via email (so check it a lot this week).

I'm shooting for an arrival at JFK Airport at around 4:00pm (4:10 I think) on Friday night. However, if that doesn't work, I'll call and leave a message and basically all other possibilities will be La Guardia after 9pm (much like last time). That's the arrival plans, I'll also give you departure plans via email throughout the week.

Hope that works out for you.

-Chanchai

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Adam: Likely arrival times

I HATE PACKING!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!

The biggest down-side of staying in a dorm--having to move out at the end of the year.

Adam, check your message box. Hiro, call me!

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Adam: Likely arrival times

One more thing...I don't know if you non-NYers have talked to Adam yet, but definitely take the bus to his hotel, NOT a taxi. Call him up for details. Cheers! See you guys there!!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Shota just called me and told me that he would come to NY for the weekend!! It'll be fun!

HIRO

13. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    <font color=white>HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font color=white> <font color=red>VF RAPE FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font color=red>

Chan-dude, PLEASE try for a JFK 4 PM!! Cause, we were all planning on leaving for the hotel during the early evening. It would be very difficult to get you to the hotel if you come that late from LaGuardia. Try your best to get JFK, but if not, please private message me - we'll try to work something out!!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

AWW YEAH....I get to lay jacky vs KAGE. finally....rape fest begins this weekend...

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey leaving from my apartment, from where, and when??????? People crashing here? um lemme know...

16. Chanchai

Awww yeah!!!!! Two pieces of great news!!!!

1) I'm just so happy Shota's going!
    2) Just listed myself on the JFK flight to arrive at 4pm and the status is: EXCELLENT!!! (OMG, I just sounded like that lame-ass narrator on the VF anime)

Basically, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll make the JFK flght. I just don't see 40+ stand-by passengers showing up at the gate or 40+ tickets for the flight being sold by tomorrow night/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

UPDATE I will be departing on Sunday, my flight is scheduled for 5:30pm... which means I gotta be there at 4:00pm (3:30pm would be most comfortable based on how long the line to get into JFK was last year).

As for GhostDog, I don't know if you guys heard from him, but he says he's coming for sure (he's coming from Florida). I don't know if he's leaving Florida at 5:45pm or arriving at the aiport at 5:45pm... hopefully it'll work out... Have you guys contacted him at all?

-Chanchai

P.S. Is Hiro's excitement an indication that he's coming?! I thought he said earlier that he wouldn't be able to go if it was at the hotel... I'm really looking forward to seeing Hiro again/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Doh! Sunday is Mother's Day... how am I gonna explain this? Guess it's time to use a delivery service or something.... (My Mom is scary when she's forgotten/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif)
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Chanchai on 05/09/01 08:06 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

17. ghostdog

As for GhostDog, I don't know if you guys heard from him, but he says he's coming for sure (he's coming from Florida). I don't know if he's leaving Florida at 5:45pm or arriving at the aiport at 5:45pm

I'll be coming in at 6:10 PM. Hopefully I'll be in time for your <font color=red>RAPE FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</font color=red>
    Adam, I got your message. Thanks for the response.
    See ya in New York!/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

18. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Hiro wont be leaving with us from Queens to the hotel. These are the people leaving together on Friday evening to the hoe-tel: Me, Andy, Myke, Jeff, Chanchai, and Ghostdoggy.

Shota will be at the hotel later in the evening. Hiro will arrive the next day.

19. Chanchai

woohoo, 8 people (good enough for me, most of which I know are damn good at the game). VT = single round robin tournament anybody?

I look forward to seeing you all there!

-Chanchai

20. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Adam give me a call tommorow, can you get the car? I want to bring the nakamichi system since the sound on one of the projectors is going to be really weak. ChanChai can you bring the VCR's like last year to record? If not I may have to lug mine. Call me tommorow adam :)
    CrewNYC