1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Waht about Lion's d/b+P+K in Ver. C?

Discussion in 'Lion' started by Muttah, May 11, 2002.

1. Muttah

Muttah Member

I've read documents and posts regarding combos after Lion's d/b+P+K. They appear quite easy, yet I can't get them to work (doesn't matter if it's CH or not). Am I missing something, or this attack has lost some properties in ver. C? Also, does Lion have any good wall combos? And what would you suggest as a best option after b+P+K, or P+K (apart from the obvious f,f+K,K)? Also, do You know any high-damaging combos You would like to share?

2. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

I don't believe that there are any combos after the d/b+P+K. If I remember right, in version A it used to knock down and that was where the combos came from. Me personally, after b+P+K I do b,b+K, P+K and after P+K I either do d/f+P, P, d/f+P or b/f+P+K, P, P. I've also seen D, f+P, b, f+p+K, P, P after the P+K. Lion really doesn't do incredible damage, usually 70's to 80's unless you have back staggers or really perfect wall hits.

3. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Lion's b+P+K combos

b+P+K >b,f+K+G>df+P,P>Pounce
    b+P+K >f,f,+K,K>f+K+G (adds insult to injury off the wall)and is handy in that it sets up a missed high rising kick ! sets up oki
    b+P+K >b,f+K+G>up+P+K (often misses)sets up oki
    b+P+K >b,f+K+G>df+K>CD_f+P>b,b+K>P+K>b,f+P+K,P
    b+P+K >KK>f,f>(here we chase them as they tech-roll and punish)
    df+K>b,f+K+G,d+K>ub+P (option select, Pounce[!])
    /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    b+P+K >b,b+K>P+K>b,f+K+G
    b+P+K >b,f+K+G>Pounce
    b+P+K >f,f+K,K>df+P,P>df+P,P>df+P
    b+P+K >b,b+K>P+K>d+P+K
    b+P+K >CD>f+P>d+K,K
    b+P+K >KK (leaves them in an terrible position!)
    b+P+K >b,f+P+K>b,f+P+K,P,P ( delay the punches to search for MC)
    b+P+K >d+P>FC_f+P+G
    b+P+K >P>b,f+P+K,P,P
    <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black>