1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wall attacks......

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by gaishou, Mar 23, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

does anyone here actually use these? i havent even seen one yet. flashy useless moves or do they have useful moments?

2. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

You mean the ones where you jump against the wall and flip over your opponent or kick them?
    Those I have never used in a match. I kinda try to avoid getting too close to a wall with my back turned to the opponent /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Or do you mean the wall throws?
    I use those when I get the chance. They do some nice damage.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

muahahaha, I've had some funky successful moments of using these. But those were in the early days of VF4 (at least in the case of using them against some respectable players, I still nail various players with them).

Free movement while turned away is always fun on a silly level/versus/images/icons/smile.gif And I generally use that to get the wall maneuver and wall attacks.

-Chanchai

4. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

Can walls be destroyed using wall attacks?

Wat stages have walls that can be destroyed, i only seen the Sarah stage r there n e more?

5. Ealsen

Ealsen Well-Known Member

Akira, Lei-fei and Sarah stages' wall are breakable.

6. GiantSwing

GiantSwing New Member

I've only been playing as Wolf since Wednesday, and I've had two opportunities to use wall attacks (facing away towards the wall, not the wall bodyslam) both times they were successful. Does anyone know if these attacks can be countered, reversed, or blocked?

7. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i'm going to have to try them out. maybe add something to mind games maybe? dunno yet....

8. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo Active Member

I never used it, only in training mode. I also think it is not very useful. I was rather hoping that if you are close to the wall you could jump on the wall directly instead of standing first with your face against the wall.

9. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Akira, Lei-fei and Sarah stages' wall are breakable.

And the 2nd training stage on PS2 has breakable walls too.
    When you're in vs. mode and have stage select on, it will tell you what type of walls and the dimensions of the rings.... I noticed this morning that SOA converted the ring dimensions from meters to feet... <shrug>