1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wall combos

Discussion in 'Brad' started by tonyfamilia, Dec 19, 2007.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Got any interesting wall combos with Brad? Post them here!
    First off, I gotta say that Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is great for walls, it doesn't push that far back on block but on hit it knocks them back nicely and then you can go into most of Brad's stances /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    One of my favorite wall combos is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(wall stagger)-Slip to Brad's front /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(vital point crumple)- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(wall splat)- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    80+ damage.
    Distance from the wall, angle and weight affect that first one but here's one that works 90% of the time, all of the time XD (watch Anchorman, you'll get it)
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-Slip to Brad's front /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(vital point crumple)- /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. You might even be able to get a light down attack after.

Another one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-(wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif(wall splat) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif OR if your opponent isnt that great at shaking out of staggers /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif-Slip to Brad's front /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(vital point crumple)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    I forgot exactly how many points that does but I've got a pretty good followup to that which does 90+ damage but I cant recall or test it right now bc I dont have the game with me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is a great wall stagger move due to it's range and the ability to hit-check and go into ducking or slipping after the stagger.
    <ul>[*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (D)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif gives you a wall splat[*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif -> (SR)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif gives you a vital crumple[/list]
    If you're really greedy, and/or against slow strugglers, you can even use Long Ducking to get a wall splat:
    <ul>[*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (LD)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif jumping knee for the wall splat.[*]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (LD)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for some BT followups to the wall splat.[/list]
    Here's my random sample of wall combos from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif:
    1. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (D)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall splat) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (79 pts)
    2. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (D)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall splat) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (82 pts)
    3. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (D)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall splat) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (82 pts)
    4. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> (D)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall splat) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (85 pts)
    5. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif -> (SR)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (vital crumple) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall hit) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (85 pts)
    6. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif -> (SR)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (vital crumple) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif -> (SR)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (84 pts)
    Finishing with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif instead of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif gives you 2 more points damage, but it is worse off for okizeme, and against opponents who fail to do fall recovery, you can try for a small down attack for an additional 10 or 13 points, depending on the timing.

There are lots of good moves to induce wall staggers. Provided it does 21 pts damage or more, and doesn't knock down, then you're good to go.

In particular, low attacks are pretty good since most people will be fearful of mids when backed against a wall. For Brad, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, and Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif are two great attacks for this purpose. You can even mix up Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (Low) with Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (Mid) which also produces a wall stagger.

3. tonyfamilia

I could have sworn I had responded in this thread already about Brad's other moves that take him into Slipping/Ducking that are good to start wall combos with.
    I looked for it in the google cache but nothing, oh well, without any further adoo XD here's a few more reasons why Brad's wall game is not to be taken lightly:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(wall stagger) -> (SL) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif->(head crumple) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (80pts)
    You can do a heavy down attack (22pts) which they can not avoid to bring the damage up to 102pts! You're also guaranteed (SR) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but this is the most damaging combo that I could come up with at the moment.

That same combo works with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (97pts) and with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for 100pts of damage.
    When Brad does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (giggle, sorry, I couldn't help myself) ahem, when Brad does those two punches and the opponente hits the wall from the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (wall stagger) (SL) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is also guaranteed for the sambe combo as above.
    Same combo works when Brad gets a wall stagger from the second hit of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif->Heavy down attack (77pts) This combo works also with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (wall stagger) for 66pts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-> Heavy down attack (55pts) The followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is only guaranteed on counter hit or if the hit the wall from the initial /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (50 pts)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif an opponent that's against the wall and do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (wall stagger) you're guaranteed (BT) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (55pts)

So now your opponent wants to be nowhere near the wall and wants to DM/OM away from the wall? Hit them with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (wall stagger) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif-> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (76pts)

I know the stagger from Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif looks tough but against good stagger recovery nothing is guaranteed.

And there you have it. Another useless post by tonyfamilia. I hope the uselessness of this post at least amuses you or gives you a chuckle or something.
    Have fun not using any of this crap! Until next useless post, sayonara!

4. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    STFU, you're posting knowledge, whether or not if it works 100%, it can still prove useful.

Sir, I applaud your many Brad contributions.

*beings a slow clap that accelerates in a roar as other join in*

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>(now if only I could fell like doing Vanessa again) </span>

5. tonyfamilia

Lol, thanks man, but I was only kidding. I made that joke because Suge (or one of his many other personalities) cracked a joke about how I make useless posts and that reminded me that I had to make another post here. I hope Brad players find this info useful but if they dont, meh.
    It works for me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
    Honestly, I could care less what anybody thinks about my posts, except for moderators. I respect that I am on somebody elses site, not my own, therefore I try my best to respect their rules. Kinda like visiting somebody elses house, respect, juno?

Other than that, whoever reads/doesn't read my posts, for whatever reason, it's on them how they feel about it. I'm happy with what I write, if I dont like it, I change it.
    Lol, but dont worry man, I've been known to have a temper but I'm not emo... but it sure is fun pretending to be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

*sigh* Well, there you go, yet another useless post by tonyfamilia *sigh*. Woe is me, nobody likes me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
    XD

6. Blahzie

Blahzie Well-Known Member

lol, nah tony that's good shit, I always wondered why I couldn't do anything after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif wall stagger, but was too lazy to test it!

7. tonyfamilia

Yeah, it sucks. You can't even do a throw bc the throw goes through the opponent even if you delay it :mad:
    After 2K+G wall stagger Brad has to delay a throw a LONG time for it to connect. It's like a 2 to 3 second delay and no human opponent is just going to freeze up for that long and if they do they must want to be thrown. The best you can try for is a mixup between another 2K+G or Brad's 6P or 4K.
    Mess with your opponent like that and tell me how they like it, lol.