1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wall play

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by yuckysocks, Jun 13, 2002.

1. yuckysocks

yuckysocks Member

Wall play (I don't know if there's a specific word for it, so I'll just invent this..) seems to be particularly important to some characters, especially my favorite, Aoi. I've read posts concerning combos that will only work with a wall hit in there somewhere, and something else that was obscure regarding her doublestop sometimes staggering and sometimes crumbling when the opponent was against the wall. Also, bounces off the wall are important for Aoi because they can guarantee her [3][P][G] which is a pleasant move to get off /versus/images/icons/grin.gif So basically this is a general question regarding wall moves, bounces, staggering, and anything else people want to say about the ring boundaries in VF4

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

If you bounce someone on the wall, I wouldn't try throwing them... sometimes you can't. If you can get someone on the wall w/ Aoi, try [6][K],[6][K][K]

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

I think he meant when the opponent hits the wall and falls face down which guarantees Aoi's [3][P][G] ground throw.

4. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Yah, its pretty obvious thats what he means .

5. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Well judging from the way he replied to the post, it didnt seem to obvious to him

6. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

I started to dazed when I read, "It's a fun move to get off!"

7. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

That sounds quite sexually loaded .
    I get off on that move .

8. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

hahaha thats hilarious /versus/images/icons/grin.gif (no offense) just couldn't help it, what exactly do you mean by its pleasent move to get just curious

9. yuckysocks

yuckysocks Member

There was actually a thread about this idea a month ago, something like "most satisfying moves to pull off" or something. Basically I meant that whether or not the move is useful, does lots of damage, gives you a frame advantage or whatever, it's a "good" move to get off in a round. I cackle joyousley whenever Aoi does the ground throw because it's so demeaning to my opponent. He's lying there, and this slight, light woman grabs your arm (or leg) and basically tries to rend it from it's socket, and with gruesome sound effects to match. To be able to do that to someone is, to me (and maybe i have anger issues...) satisfying. People also mentioned wolf's giant swing, and sarahs gatling kick beat. So to kind of keep my thread going, do people play with the walls always in mind, always trying to YY characters or otherwise maneuver them into a corner or do most people (like myself) just focus on damage, and the wall showing up behind your opponent is sort of a random occurence... Basically my rounds would all be fought the same if it was played on a border-less arena, but maybe people specifically try and force certain wall positions into effect, be it your back to the wall for sarah's kick or anyone elses wall throw, or with your opponents back to the wall for some nasty juggling action... What do people think? All characters are welcome to reply, not just Aoi...

10. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

it was just a joke, i know what you mean, i'd love to help with Aoi, but i really havent gotten that good with her yet.