1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wall throws.

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by C1REX, Dec 26, 2007.

1. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

Is there any good think about wall throws?

Why do 43P+G or 3P+G if 33P+G does more dmg?

2. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

How about for variety? Or to show the other player that you're not an awful player and you actually do know more than one throw and are aware of your location instead of just a brain-dead puppet who only knows what wins easiest. How about for the fun of seeing different animation sequences? Or why not do it when your opponent has less life left than the Splash Mountain drains? Or,if you are in a match that you are already winning? Or how about when you are against a weaker opponent where you don't need every single iota of damage?

There are many reasons.

Would you stick to only the splash mountain throw against a crap player when you know you can already beat them? Well then...

Besides, I think Sega made a mistake making the wall throws the same throw escape direction as the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. They should either end on a different command, or waste more than the Splash.

3. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

yeah. But if I play with somebody I want him to do his best. I don't like if somebody goes easy on me just to show new animations.

Does 43P+G guarantes any extra damage?

4. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. A Jeffry player not showing mercy doesn't mean Splash Mountain only.

No, but it shows the other player you know what you are doing.

5. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    I would have loved if they changed the splash mountain animation if you're near a wall.

Kind of like Bass in DOA.

6. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

@VF3beatsVF4

I don't understand your point -- a player who knows what they are doing wants the most damage. Style is nice but damage wins matches.

I splash mountain opponents until they show that they are able to break it with regularity. It's not about being a "brain dead puppet" as I know exactly what I'm doing -- it's on the opponent to learn and react appropriately if something is working (i.e. break df)...

7. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif when the opponent has less than 60 health left. It looks cool.

Other wise, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and to a much lesser extent /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (for ring positioning) should be the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif throws to use.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>.</span>

8. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

But why wall throws do less dmg than regular throws?
    It doesn't make any sense.

Is something special about 43P+G?

9. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Asking for something make sense in a fighting game is pointless. I mean: people float. You can make them float longer by punching them in mid-air. That makes perfect sense.

A perfect example of how this genre can never make sense: Soul Calibur's Astaroth. Astaroth would kill anyone in one hit regardless of blocking.

Fuck, the real question is:

Why the hell are they fighting? Surely there are more important things the characters could be doing with their lives than hitting other people for some macho reason like, "being the best fighter in the world?" Fuck that generic, anime storyline.

10. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

I don't care about reality but how useless wall throws are.

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I think with Jeffry you should do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif into the wall (you can control direction), bounce with something like /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and combo?

For the original question, who knows. Doesnt Jeff get guaranteed pounce after wallthrow?

12. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    You shouldn't care about those either then.

Splash is good enough.

Pffft. Who plays Jeff? lol

13. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

I'm talking about special throws that can be done only using a wall. 43P+G works only when a wall is behind an enemy. Takes 60DMG.

More difficult throw working only in special condition takes less dmg.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Um lol this is a Jeff thread :p

15. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

It seems like 43P+G leaves an enemy in big disadvantage.
    I can't check now but maybe 3K (ground stomp) or escapable ground throw is guaranted?

16. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Well with any moves, in general, there are benefits and consequences. Example -

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif escaped, you are at -2
    (oppoonent back to wall) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif escaped, you are at +5 (unless the command list has an error)

17. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Why -5 for splash mountain? Command list says -2, and you're both backturned . . .

18. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    typo my bad

19. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

43P+G wall -> so far nobody online escaped from 8K+G.
    Looks like guaranteed 90dmg. Is it?

20. C1REX

C1REX Well-Known Member

Checked in dojo. 8K+G after 43P+G is guaranteed.