1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Want even more movies and pics of moves?

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by ice-9, Oct 3, 1999.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey VFers, I finally got a TV Tuner card with my computer. With it, I can play my Dreamcast on my monitor...and I can capture videos and frames. Meaning, I should now be able to record as many images and movies as there is demand (and resources) for it!!

One problem--I need a serious program to compress and edit these movies. At 30 fps, 320x160 resolution some of the avis I recorded (about 10 seconds long) were over 20 megs! So I really need to edit out the unnecessary bits and maybe convert the format to something a little more economical.

If any of you guys have any suggestions, please let me know!

P.S. What are your most-wanted movies?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmm....... okay, I'll be the first to take you up. =]
    How about Jacky's Knee (MC), P,P,Elbow, Back Knuckle, d+K. (With downward Angulation) ?
    Or Pai's ST, b+K+G (Opponent Slams into the wall), K, K, PPP, d+K ?

Eh err....... yeah, these 2 for the time being. Since they're pretty rare to obtain in actual combat, it would be nice to see them, even though they're pretty old and semi-outdated.

There's one more I have in mind, but I don't think it'll ever work out properly.
    Lau does a Mod. Knife, Lifting Knife (d/f+P+K), Lunging Knife (d/f,d/f+P), P, b+P, d+P,P,P,d+K.
    BTW, the Mod. Knife, Lifting Knife part would PROBABLY have lift the opponent really HIGH (Even higher than the height needed to tag the b,b+P), in order to tag the rest of the moves in. But again, I'm speculating, so err..... if it doesn't work, then its okay. =]

3. Guest

Guest Guest

More Ura/Oki for Akira would be great !!!

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    You know, I would've asked if you could make a movie showing the Pai/Pai high kick reversal escape, but I finally saw it for the first time, last weekend. I had known about it for well over 2 years but I've never gone out of my way to see it until now. Funny eh? Anyway, I wonder how many other people out there, who've been playing the game for a long time, have yet to see this little gem?

But as for other movies, I wouldn't mind seeing more off-the-wall combos. For example, with Kage's back to the wall, f+P+G, f,d,df+P results in the opponent smacking their face into the wall and bouncing off, whereby followup hits are possible.

And now for a crazy idea. How about we try to create an alternative introduction sequence for TB? Each little fight scene would demonstrate some cool or crazy yomi sequences into some kind of attack/reversal/combo/throw/whatever.

<pre>_______
    Myke
    </pre>

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Rulakir, I can do the first two, but the Lau combo is impossible...I've tried it many times!!

Also, I am most likely not going to make any movies for Kage, Wolf, Lau, or Akira in the near future, as they already have quite a few. Sarah, Shun, Taka, Jacky, and Pai are much likelier candidates.

Note that I still need a compression/edit program.

ice-9 | Sennin