1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Iowa area VF competition

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Nov 9, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm desparate here folks... any VF players here from America's Heartland? (I'd love to check out the VF scene in Omaha but it's too far away and I know I'd be trashed mercilessly. ^^; ) There used to be a little VF3 community in Iowa City but when they removed the machine it kinda... died. I want to get back into competition, playing the CPU is so very unfullfilling and I never feel like I'm improving. :cry:

BTW... Mike, did you get my email?

- Zero-chan
    zero-chan@usa.net

2. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Re: Iowa...between Omaha and Chicago

I know I'd be trashed mercilessly
    Well, we are all going to Omaha, knowing very well that we'd get killed by Hiro. Some sort of rebellion might happen though. At least Nelson and I were plotting to dethrone Hiro.

Is Omaha too far for you? Omaha from Iowa City is ONLY about 4-5 hours, right? I once drove to Omaha from Chicago, by myself, driving for 8-9 hours. That was a torture.

But if you're ever near the Chicago area. Let me know, I'll gather a few guys for your enjoyment.

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Iowa...between Omaha and Chicago

No worries my fellow Jacky. My crafty little ninja was giving the dumb wrastler a lot of trouble the last day of the NYG, and I'm lookin' to give him a similar beating at Omaha. ORA ORA ORA!!! /images/icons/wink.gif

ice-9 | Sennin

4. Guest

Guest Guest

-> BTW... Mike, did you get my email?

Um, is that me? ^^; I live in Missouri btw, and I have absolutely no geographical knowledge of the US. (Except that Chicago is NE of MO and LA,SF are close to each other)

and...i haven't receive any email.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Gomen ne! I meant MYKE, not Mike. ^^; Sorry for the confusion.
    And I don't actually live in Iowa City, I live in Cedar Rapids, which is about half an hour away. I would head down to Iowa City just to go to the Aladdin's Castle in the Old Capitol Mall to play my favorite fighter with jarien/pyroguy and a few others. ^__^ Until they removed it. Only one in the state, too... although I did see one in Des Moines a little while back. Ah well, now that the DC version is out we need not worry.
    Omaha is quite a bit further away from here than Chicago. I go to Chicago a few times every year for various reasons. I know for sure I will be there this coming May (AnimeCentral!). I'd love to see some of the reputable players from that area.

- Zero-chan

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Gomen ne! I meant MYKE, not Mike. ^^; Sorry for the confusion.

Too many Mikes, not enough MCs.. >_< (bad joke). Anyway, I replied to your email about 5 minutes ago. You should be able to log in now.

__
    Myke

7. Guest

Guest Guest

that was corny

8. Guest

Guest Guest

too much corn, not enough steak sauce ( you have to know me to understand)