1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Warning to all n00bs (concerning strategy guide...)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by b4k4, Apr 14, 2002.

1. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    When I bought VF4 for my PS2, the place I got it had a special on where if you bought the game, they'd sell you the strategy guide (Prima Games one) for half price (or something like that). Well, I got the guide, and this is what I have to say about it: DO NOT PURCHASE IT!!!

Provided your game came with a copy of the manual, there is almost nothing at all of any use in this book. Firstly, it covers the basics (evading, jumping, QR/TR etc...) It then has a section for each character. These sections simply inflate what the manual said about the character. Next are the move lists; same as in the manual, so why bother? They then have their so called "Killer Combos" (as they are refered to on the cover), which are, in fact, simply the "effective strings" covered in the latter part of the training for that specific character. The only thing I can say I got out of this guide was a nice "Giant Poster" of the VF4 cast... well, at least it's something...

2. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

Wha'd you expect...it's prima, isn't it? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Well, at least good to warn the VF newbie.

3. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Note to n00bs:

<font color=yellow> /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Note to n00bs:

<a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/vf4/>Bookmark the VF site at the mighty VFDC</a>. It's all the strategy guide you'll need to get started.

and <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=kumite>the Kumite forum and <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=versus>Junky's Jungle forum</a>. You'll save yourselves $15+tax and be much happier than everyone on the planet for doing so. Peace...</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. s_jamessmith

s_jamessmith Member

couldnt agree with you more, that thing wasted too much of my money to tell me exactly what was in the manual in bigger type.

5. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

on the other hand... Prima guide does show in three and four panel freeze frames the animation frozen for popular moves. Not as complete as one would desire but if you are like me you like pictures to show throws and combos. It would be awesome if these four frame still pics could be brought here in some fashion. CreeD's description of throw was very helpful. We just unwrapped VF4 for PS2 last night.. Bwtn the training mode and the VFDC databank we are in better shape for info exchange than ever in the VF series.