1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Watching Kyasao - a Jumonji note

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Myke, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It's a real delight watching him in action, and just inspires me to turn my Kage play up another notch or two.

Just one thing I observed which is new to me, and I suspect new to everyone else or just not obvious since they don't play Kage, and that is, his Jumonji running jump kick - [JM] f,f,K - appears to be bufferable after his Jumonji attacks to the point where it looks canned! If you've seen daioh_kyasao1.wmv you'll see him perform it after the Jumonji spinning elbow - [JM] f+P - and in daioh_kyasaoh2.wmv you'll see it after the Jumonji knee - [JM] f+K. Both of these moves are done with a fwd tap, so the complete input (I'm guessing) is just [JM] f+P, f, K or f+K, f, K.

Note that he only does these post-KO, but when you think about the attack properties themselves, I think this could lead to something nasty. The [JM] f+P and f+K both hit mid, so obviously the opponent needs to guard these standing, but the following jumping kick will stagger a standing defender (if I'm not mistaken). Given how fast the entire sequence is then I think the odds are looking good for Kage. On the other hand, if the opponent was crouching to begin with, and the [JM] f+P or f+K staggers them, then the following jumping kick may well be guaranteed, or at least quite difficult to avoid.

Another tool to hang on the Jumonji belt!

2. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

Noticed that myself Mike so I tried to figure it out yesterday ; I went by the same logic as you with the forward motion and f+k, f, K gives 2 knees (as far as I did it)/versus/images/icons/smile.gif. I'll figure something out...

3. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, I played for a couple of hours tonight, and I tried and tried and tried but couldn't get it! Man, it's driving me nuts now.

I just want to correct something I said earlier. The Jumonji running jump kick only staggers on normal hit. That is, it can be guarded safely.

So if anyone figures out or finds out how it's done, let us know!

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

hehe i was just going to post this the same thing. i tried this over and over today, no dice.

JS f+P, f, K
    JS f+P, f, f, K
    JS f+P, f+K

didn't work. Only JS f+P, f, f, n+K (the regular way) worked, but it looked nothing like what Kyasao did. No idea what that's all about... =/

5. MrWhite

White <- was crap : I couldnt get it either...

6. Myke

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    JS f+P, f, K
    JS f+P, f, f, K
    JS f+P, f+K

Yep I tried those too, and the following:

[JM] f, f, f+K~K
    [JM] f, f, f+P~K

The interesting thing here is that you can do the spinning elbow or knee after a buffered run, but unfortunately the K followup was never to be seen, no matter how much I frigged around with timing. Argh, so frustrating! Can anyone here ask Kyasao directly? :)

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Finally figured it out today. It's (JS) f,f+P,f,f,n+K.

8. MrWhite

I've been doing that the whole time. Its a slow ass move man/versus/images/icons/smile.gif. I mean it comes out fairly smoothly, no interrupt, but the other guy's got time to drink his coffee and read the newspaper before the heel drop finishes. Doesnt combo. Staggers opponent BTW, did it to a kid yesterday. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif Its so rare you get a stagger while playing Kage, so that I just watched as he wiggled out of it /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif(not withstanding f+P). I dunno, it just looks better when Kyasao does it !

Has anyone officially figured the stagger requirements on his f+P in opponent's back?

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's probably why Kyasao only does it after the opponent has KO'ed. Too slow... =P

f+P back stagger works against back-turned crouchers...