1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Way too early, but hopefully this Sega sends this to Yu/AM2: VF5

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BlueFlash, Apr 9, 2002.

1. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

After playing the game, some things I'd like to see in VF5:

1. This is subtle (actually most of the suggestions I make are gonna be subtle!), but the characters actually speaking their dialect/accent. In respect to the Chinese characters. They could have Lau and Pai speak Cantonese while Lei Fei and Shun speak Mandarin. Also maybe since Jeffry is from Australia, he could have an Aussie accent,...

2. Although not really needed, but definitely wanted by a few, game endings (?!) I haven't cared much, but hey, go for it.

3. Kumite opens up a whole rack of possibilities with rankings and unlockable items. Concerning special items, stages should be unlockable and variable. Hypothetically imagining, what if each person had their own enviroment like castle or forest or temple,... and within each stage you could vary the walls (high, low, breakable, none) as well as undulation(!!). Then depending on how you modify your stage, you would end up in a different part of the enviroment! Gosh, maybe I went overboard with that,....hrmm.

3. More kumite stuff:
    With items, there can be items that can be interchanged between characters, and won by defeating opponents. Also, ability to wear more than one item.

4. Concerning the storyline, replacements for Lau and Shun, since they are very old, and Lau is dying anyway. =/
    The new characters (Lau's KoenKen disciple and Shun's lost student) should obviously adopt their master's style and also have their own style/new moves, and speak their native language!!

Can't think of anything else, but if I do, I'll post it later.

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

I'd love to see what happens if they removed all the "difficult" motions from VF and made them DOA-style: standardize all hit throws to P+G (including the SPoD, since there's no reason to leave out the 3rd part), simplify 270/180 throws, take out extra directions from combos, etc. Of course, this will never happen, but imagine newbies tacking on qcf+P doublepalms with Akira /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

take out extra directions from combos, etc. Of course, this will never happen

they did it, with Lau's f+P, b,f+P, and d/f+K,f+P,b,f+P(now is f+PP and d/f+KPP)...

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Agreed on the langauges -- I think it's dumb that they either speak English or Japanese, and correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Jacky & Lion the same voice actor?

The only one that speaks with a true dialect is Aoi. I've never read her profile, but she's definitely from Kyoto... talks like it anyway. Do the Japnaese characters speak japanese in the US version?

5. Papeseh

Papeseh Member

Id like to see the jaggies removed completely so its nice and smooth. Like DoA3 on Xbox

Also, bonus stages like in street fighter a la beating up the car. But ones which complement the style of vf. Just to improve longevity for the single player mode ;D

6. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Re: To GaijinPunch
    Yeah, they do speak Japanese, even the Chinese characters (or it sounds like it to me, anyways... but then, I'm not really an authority /versus/images/icons/wink.gif)

7. GaijinPunch

Okay, so the same in the JPN version -- the Chinese characters speak Japanese --- pretty cheesy lines. Aoi's are all right though.

Wolf's from Canada, right? Could you imagine?
    "Shut up, eh!!!!"

8. a_l_e_x

a_l_e_x Active Member

If VF5 is going to be another 4 years later... I would hope that we can do VF finghting on-line, then no more complains about poor arcade setup, limited competition(US or wherever), and more ppls can enjoy this game. Also, 4 years later I might be too old to appear in the arcade too... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. ukie

ukie Member

One thing I'd like to see in VF5 -

Aoi with fans.

C'mon, she poses with them in the portrait on select screen. The fans have been there ever since VF3, but they were never used, even in win poses. It's about time they come into play, don't you think? Like, the p+k, p, p animation could change to Aoi b-slaping the hell out of opponent with fans; the b, d/f+p could use them too (folded). Same with b, b+p+k, d/b+p and several other moves. Maybe the evade from Yin-Yang stance could link into "fan" stance, where she pulls them out from... somewhere (sleeves?) as she does the side-stepping turns.

Just a thought.

(And next thing you know, I'll convince them to have Aoi perform the tea ceremony as a selectable win pose, and add a kumite disgrace item - a set of fans that, when unfolded, says "Hooters!"... or better yet, give her a set of cheerleading pompoms.)

- ukie

10. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Personally i woud like better voice acting, and endings,(jus because)

Red

11. GaijinPunch

Aoi does have two fans. You have to win them in Battle Arena in the arcades... not sure about PS2. Not very interested though. It just sits there on her back.

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The fans are in PS2 too. Big ass things strapped to her back or slung under her right arm.

13. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i personally think if they should modify akira's rising knee command more easily to use.
    i think akira's rising knee is not *super useful* to use.
    it just takes a lot of time to master the skill i think.(should i upgrade my too hands as robot hands?). /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    one good benefit is no one really expect that opponent(akira) uses rising knee...