1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG 2008 Asian Championship

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Myke, Jul 14, 2008.

1. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

No Ice9?

Awwww...

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

WTF! Indonesia has a representative?!!??!!?!?!?!?!

Dayum how did I not know this??

3. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

hi ice9, are you in singapore right now?
    ive heard about you, man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

4. danny13

Add more salt to his wound man. LOL

Just kidding.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're a better player than me all is forgiven, but if I am better than you, grrr....

6. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

huh? were you in indonesia when we had a VF qualifier tourney?

actually, we had some troubles on that day... one of the factor is there's not enough players that participate on this tourney, so I had to looking any players to join, orelse the tourney will be canceled. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

currently there are only 6 players active, including me. The Tourney will running if only there's 8 players sign, so there's are 6 of us, 1 from different regional, and the other one is my Tekken friend. So sad, honestly.

So I really dont know if you ever back in indo, esp when the day we had VF qualifier.

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was an Indonesia qualifier -- I checked the Indo WCG site a couple months back when the Singapore qualifier was announced but there was no sign of a VF qualifier.

I go back to Jakarta once a month to visit family so could've timed my return to coincide with the qualifier. Oh well. As long as you don't embarrass Indonesia I guess I'll cheer you on.

8. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

we had VF qualifier on June 14-15th, it was @ JCC. I think it's quite early for qualifier. For indo WCG site, you can find their events @ angelsfrag forum. But guess what, you'll find nothing there! Even for us it's very hard to find any information about the WCG qualifier, so I went to JCC itself so make sure about the qualifier.

trust me, you'll be dissapointed if you see what happened on that day. The VF spot really that no one will notice, even the big audiences cheer up only for DOTA & CS. It's like we had qualifier in the different segment of an events. As I told before, It nearly canceled because the lack of players that we had that day.

Hey, it's a good thing that you back once a month to jakarta. We still kinda have a VF time every friday night. If you gonna visit Jkt, lemme know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Others, sorry for some OT. :p

anyway, do you guys already have a flight confirmation? I havent got mine till monday, they said they gonna lemme know next monday when i ask them about the flight.

9. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Ice9 should support SG not indonesia!

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Congrats to nin for winning the HK qualifier!

11. nin

nin Well-Known Member

Thanks Myke,

It was a tough comp today, but i made it through at the end.

see you in Singapore!

12. Wugga

Wugga Member

Dangit, and here I was hoping I'd get to announce myself.
    We're not gonna get dragged off and beat up for also playing DOA are we?

13. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Taiwan - Toshi

14. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Toshi is the good player from VF3? My friend told me they confirmed they are sending that player instead of better VF5 players.

Japan is coming in on 7th also. We can see everyone then /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Btw I dont think its Aoiyuka representing Korea. Its a Akira player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSKsAwpmbWo&feature=related

15. danny13

Koreans are so strong. Stupid Tetra still wanna play SC4.

If i'm not wrong, the long hair akira player in the semi finals is either Moonsuk or Shinz.

16. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

I blame it on Sega making Sarah so weak!

All hail strong characters with extreme boobies in SC4!

17. Dennis0201

yes, Toshi is that good player~

18. Dennis0201

r u serious??
    Is he ShinZ??

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Wow, that was an exciting match! It's getting me pumped now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I've updated the first post with names and the Groupings (are these official? I can't find them on the official site).

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Seconded, nice match!