1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WCG 2008 Asian Championship

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Myke, Jul 14, 2008.

1. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Aww Myke, I'm honoured that you put me representing Singapore. I'm seeded for the SG nationals but not Aisa nationals yet. My strongest rival is Tetra's powerful Vanessa.

You guys will be able the watch our SG nationals. Its on the 7th to 8th Aug.

2. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member

so guys, any plan for 7th Aug? Coz i think we have a free day on 7th Aug, I really like to have some games with you guys. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

anyone can organize this thing?

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

We kinda will discuss this on the 7th itself. The Singapore players will be having their matches from 4.30pm~around 8pm.

Some countries' players will be having team meeting as well... So it is better we decide when everyone is around /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hope to see you guys there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

-_-;

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

The Korean champ is using the tag "woni0639", however, he is not the owner. So maybe u guys can hit him up and play together~ Have fun~

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
  7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Thanks for posting those vids, they are enjoyable watching!

8. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk

This is good stuff!

Everytime I think I've brought my game up, I see something that makes me realize I need a lot of work!!!

thanx for the vids.

9. SG-Lion

SG-Lion Well-Known Member

To all VF-er competing in Suntec from 7th-8th August... All the best !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. Hyunster

Hyunster Well-Known Member

The Korean representative IS Aoiyuka, not the Akira player in the video. For reasons unknown, they had two different tournaments. One to pick a representative to the Asian WCG event at Singapore, and another to pick a representative to the WCG at Germany. The latter tourney was with a lot more fanfare as you can see in the video. The same Shun player made to the both finals and lost.

ShinZ probably was the only one among the top 4 who doesn't play on Live. He is still a force to be reckoned with, despite the relative lack of experience with VF5. But clearly he doesn't have as much experience as those who play on Live day and night. He is known to play Tekken more frequently these days as the game is still alive in the Korean arcades unlike VF.

And BTW, Aoiyuka is the Vanessa player in the semifinal video!

11. Dennis0201

Thanks for the info Hyunster~
    and good luck to everyone who is going to participate this event!!!

Can't wait to see the videos!!!

12. the_chap

the_chap New Member

Congrats to Danny13 and Tetra for your victories over your opponent on the giant screen. Kinda preferred the Japanese commentators from the VF.Net machines over those two dudes. Not that they were bad or anything, but I guess I've watched too much vids on youtube.

13. Dennis0201

Has the result come out??

14. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Singapore Finals today Danny and me.

Thanks The_chap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

4 words
    Itazan is fucking strong.

16. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    WOW! Congrats Tetra!!! Taking out Danny is no easy task.

I can't wait to see some matches. Hahah - also, would love to hear more about your experience with Itazan. We all have felt his wrath....

17. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

Well... I won my first game against him after 6 games. In total I won like 2 games.

Myke won him the 1st time he played him, thereafter losing all the games he tried against Itazan

Nin won the most so far, I think 3 games in total?

Danny lost all his games against Itazan. He got really nervous and fell under pressure. He missed his Knee after block 1KK. -_-;

Korea lost all his games against Itazan too. I think around 8 games. He switch around a couple of characters. Eventually trying Vanessa(supposely his main) and couldnt beat him.

We all took turns. Itazan was pretty much in Kumite mode. I told him that he should just do Kumite. LOL

My match with Danny is EXTREMELY EXCITING. I only managed to record the last one. Too intense and I forgot to record the first 4 matches. Everyone said its a really good game. Itazan was surprised at the level we were playing at. I guess he expected that we should suck more /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

18. MinusCA

MinusCA Member

I've been told that the C&C3 player [r0r1]m00tsumi will be the Malaysian player playing VF5 at the event

Good luck everyone!

19. Dennis0201

Can't wait to see the videos!!!
    It must be amazing!!!!

20. LuCieD

LuCieD Active Member